Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Steve Cooper - New Manager

16 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

If he has then we are doomed, I think players are on a bit of a downer due to Enzo leaving along with all the back room staff.

Was never going to be easy to replace Enzo due to his high standards but Rudkin has not really thought about it in that sense by employing Cooper.

Coberan would have faired better imo and at least have the players on side

Totally agree with this.....the players are obviously missing Enzo. Man management and coaching wise, he's elite.....tactically floored though.

Everything about this preseason unfortunately stinks of negativity....fans.....players....management. We are doomed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, honeybradger said:

Stop trying to force the Stinky Winky nickname 🤣. No one else is using that, it belongs in a school playground.

Tell you what, if he keeps us up, I’ll get his face and ‘Stinky Winky’ tattooed on my right arse cheek. 

(left arse cheek is currently made up of Zayn Malik’s torso and head). 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

Just seen was a cooper out thread, wtf.

I stand by it as well @Chrysalis

I wasn’t inspired to begin with and having watched whatever preseason was, I’m sure Mike Stowell could have done a better job in his caretaker position when he was here.

• Like 2

I think Coopers appointment has one eye on next season.

Don’t get me wrong i’d love us to stay up, but the reality there is a very strong possibility (especially with a pts deduction) that we will be down before the Christmas lights.

So if we were to find ourselves in the champ next season. Cooper is more than qualified to get us back up.

Then again another part of me thinks Cooper will get binned off in October.

• Like 1

Get the feeling that Cooper isn't being himself just yet. Seems to be doing what he thinks Top, Rudkin and the Players want him to do, hence the continued overplaying out from the back in the Frendlies. Can understand that, as  he can't be seen to just rip up the Enzo Championship Playbook even though that was a walk in the park with the squad we had against the opposition we faced. Hence the mantra of getting mentally ready to face the rigours of the Premier League. That's code, to me, for saying Enzo's way wouldn't and won't last five minutes in this League. The sooner he's allowed to do things his way or grows a pair and lays it on the line to all concerned the better. Only when that is tried and fails it is fair to put the boot into him. We don't want to be a dozen games into the season before changing tack, when it will be virtually too late.   

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, l444ry said:

Get the feeling that Cooper isn't being himself just yet. Seems to be doing what he thinks Top, Rudkin and the Players want him to do, hence the continued overplaying out from the back in the Frendlies. Can understand that, as  he can't be seen to just rip up the Enzo Championship Playbook even though that was a walk in the park with the squad we had against the opposition we faced. Hence the mantra of getting mentally ready to face the rigours of the Premier League. That's code, to me, for saying Enzo's way wouldn't and won't last five minutes in this League. The sooner he's allowed to do things his way or grows a pair and lays it on the line to all concerned the better. Only when that is tried and fails it is fair to put the boot into him. We don't want to be a dozen games into the season before changing tack, when it will be virtually too late.   

Think this is spot on

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, l444ry said:

I don't think he has been playing anything like Enzo did, and he hasn't included Ricardo or Vestergaurd in the team he has also moved Mav inside so no idea why you think that is the case ?

last season we was dominating the ball, pre season we have hardly been able to string a move let alone 5 passes together

Edited by whoareyaaa
  • Like 4

The best way he can win over Fans is to win games. A good first Month will buy him some latitude while he gets his message across.

I don't think the signings have been good enough, whether that's down to him or Rudkin I don't know, But he should be straight up with the Fans and call people out if he's not getting the support he was promised. Otherwise he'll likely carry the can for others failings.

20 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

The best way he can win over Fans is to win games. A good first Month will buy him some latitude while he gets his message across.

I don't think the signings have been good enough, whether that's down to him or Rudkin I don't know, But he should be straight up with the Fans and call people out if he's not getting the support he was promised. Otherwise he'll likely carry the can for others failings.

His best bet would be to go all in and immediately blame Rudkin wholely. A lot more fans are slowly waking up to Rudkin's shenanigans and whilst there's at least some shred of support for Cooper he may as well go for the throat immediately and hope the fans back him over Rudkin.

If he waits until November when we're 8 points adrift of safety it'll be too late and he's just Rudkin's latest fall guy.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ts_1010 said:

I wasn't particularly saying how dangerous he is overall. I was just saying he's quick, and he is. 

I think our current forwards are more dangerous in a counter attack than in a pass heavy build up. Pace is a key factor in making counters more effective and helpful is one of the fastest guys we have.

Pipes on RL has said numerous times that he lacks that pace to get away from defenders.

Not saying that Stephy won’t have a part to play in our fight to stay up but I agree with the original poster, we don’t have this devastatingly rapid front line if include Stephy in that.

4 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

If he has then we are doomed, I think players are on a bit of a downer due to Enzo leaving along with all the back room staff.

Was never going to be easy to replace Enzo due to his high standards but Rudkin has not really thought about it in that sense by employing Cooper.

Top and Rudkin rushed this because Potter was pissing about.  We are going down 100% and I’m pretty sure the board and management all know that. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, honeybradger said:

Stop trying to force the Stinky Winky nickname 🤣. No one else is using that, it belongs in a school playground.

I think ozvaldo belongs in a school playground .... My suspicion is that he is ten years old.

Who gets the first win? Will it be Cooper or that bloke managing the team in the city l now reside in - Plymouth!

And he's already blaming the players 🤣

Frankly Pilgrims fans are about as confident as us!

Rooney has a head start but it may be a draw... Neither win all season!

• Sad 1

I think cooper has got himself involved in the club at the worst possible time, the style of football instilled in the players by enzo cant be undone/changed overnight. Trying to adapt and change a philosophy that’s been drilled into the team for a whole season will take some doing, and not an ideal situation to be in when you have an obvious relegation battle on your hands before you’ve even kicked a ball. 

11 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

But they have thought about replacing Enzo.

Steve Cooper remit- Do the best you can this season Steve and then get us promoted in readiness for the 2026/27 season back into the Premiership by which time our problems will have been resolved.

He's here for 3/4 years nit gone by Xmas.

2 hours ago, Kisnorbo fox said:

I think cooper has got himself involved in the club at the worst possible time, the style of football instilled in the players by enzo cant be undone/changed overnight. Trying to adapt and change a philosophy that’s been drilled into the team for a whole season will take some doing, and not an ideal situation to be in when you have an obvious relegation battle on your hands before you’ve even kicked a ball. 

Especially a philosophy that was very successful. Presumably squads are open to fresh ideas when they’ve been performing poorly and the previous manager had lost the dressing room; probably less so when the previous manager was adored and had a well-drilled approach that had just brought a title win. 

2 hours ago, dr.o.ball said:

But they have thought about replacing Enzo.

Steve Cooper remit- Do the best you can this season Steve and then get us promoted in readiness for the 2026/27 season back into the Premiership by which time our problems will have been resolved.

He's here for 3/4 years nit gone by Xmas.

I’m convinced that you’re right and this is their plan.

I’m also convinced that they will panic about being seen as culpable, if we have a disastrous start to the season, and sack him in November.