Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Steve Cooper - New Manager

19 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Im not sure what peipple are/were expecting?

We got 1 point in our first 7 games in tbe Premier league. 

Why would people think it's going to be any easier this time round with a weaker squad? 

Life is a journey .

Being a Leicester fan is a bumby road ..rough .smooth. highs. Lows. But realism is key.

He's had 2 games! 

Agree with this. We got absolutely embarrassed by Fulham last time we played them at craven. I honestly don't know what people expect. We were in the game up until the end, we defended quite well and we showed some fight. We still have a lack of quality but it's a fine balancing act between playing flair players and being hard to beat.

Edited by pazzerfox
  • Like 4

Just now, pazzerfox said:

Agree with this. We got absolutely embarrassed by Fulham last time we played them at craven. I honestly don't know what people expect. We were in the game up until the end, we defended quite well and we showed some fight. We still have a lack of quality but it's a fine balancing act between playing flair players and being hard to beat.

As has been said by many of us, he's almost got a free hit. But only if he plays our best players and in our current position, gets somebody like Alves on the bench. Not picking Ricardo, or even using him is criminal. And if you have to end the game with Ndidi as a 10 and Ayew as the striker, you've messed up your subs when you could use Cannon or Alves

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Im not sure what peipple are/were expecting?

We got 1 point in our first 7 games in tbe Premier league. 

Why would people think it's going to be any easier this time round with a weaker squad? 

Life is a journey .

Being a Leicester fan is a bumby road ..rough .smooth. highs. Lows. But realism is key.

He's had 2 games! 

would be nice to at least look we have any idea what we are doing on the pitch and actually create some ****ing chances. Oh and have our actual good players on the pitch

13 minutes ago, don_danbury said:

fair enough they beat arsenal. i'd still consideer them a average side. their home form last season was bang in the middle and they finished 14th.

Fulham are an average Premier League side - which is a huge level above where we are at this moment in time.

Cooper’s not stupid, he’s been in the game long enough to know where our problems lie - the problem for him, they lie across quite a number of areas.

Be it having a defender that has good quality but also a horrible lack of pace, a left back that is questionable at this standard, a weakish looking midfield, an aging main striker and questions marks over what your creative outlet is - these are difficult problems to solve all in one go.

If I’m Cooper, I’d have been looking at the first set of games up to the international break as a “get what you can out of them” with the ultimate focus of not getting pummelled.

That then allows for a bit of regrouping - with all the players that have come in across the window - and hopefully getting to a point where we have less problems within the squad to deal with.

• Like 3

Under cooper we will just be making up the numbers. If Enzo can come in an instantly make an impact, then other managers surely can… the fact there’s no identity under Cooper just proves he’s out of his depth. Has top got the balls to sack him though? I fear not. 

• Like 1

Seeing as we won the league last year, you'd look at videos right?  See what was good and bad, right? 

It's mind boggling. 

Like someone stepping in at arsenal, watching last year's Odegaard and Martinelli, and coming to the conclusion to drop them both. For BDCR! 

• Like 2

The concern I have is that struggle naturally leads to a team going for "grit" over flair. Reid and Ayew will be in over Fatawu and Mavididi whilst Ricardo isn't really involved.

Can see us being awful to watch.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Seeing as we won the league last year, you'd look at videos right?  See what was good and bad, right? 

It's mind boggling. 

Like someone stepping in at arsenal, watching last year's Odegaard and Martinelli, and coming to the conclusion to drop them both. For BDCR! 

Makes me more angry, why does he believe his 30 somethings are great signings because many moons ago he managed them. Shows that Cooper really isn't ba modern day manager. He's going to start with his Sunday league players every game 🙄

5 minutes ago, Corky said:

The concern I have is that struggle naturally leads to a team going for "grit" over flair. Reid and Ayew will be in over Fatawu and Mavididi whilst Ricardo isn't really involved.

Can see us being awful to watch.

Mavididi offers way more grit than BDCR. 

15 minutes ago, Mark said:

I’ve had enough and finding it hard to find a way this will work. I didn’t want Cooper but was willing to give him a chance given his history with England youth all hope was lost as soon as he brought Reid in, spent a month desperate for Ayew not to happen and now he’s here. Footballers like Ricardo don’t fit in. Just not for me, can’t support someone who’s this boneheaded. I really hope the club realises before supporting him like Forest did with so many players

You say that you were willing to give him a chance yet in the very same sentence you point out that you gave him 16 days of pre-season lol 

Edited by AKCJ

Find him refreshing and decent in the interviews and press conferences he gives. 

I would like to know why he doesn't fancy Ricardo. And why he's taken off Buonanotte again, especially when chasing a game. 

We don't look likely to score many goals this season, look too passive and toothless up front. Desperately we need a striker in. Mavididi or Ayew down the middle isn't the answer 

Just now, peterborofox said:

Find him refreshing and decent in the interviews and press conferences he gives. 

I would like to know why he doesn't fancy Ricardo. And why he's taken off Buonanotte again, especially when chasing a game. 

We don't look likely to score many goals this season, look too passive and toothless up front. Desperately we need a striker in. Mavididi or Ayew down the middle isn't the answer 

He was asked about Ricardo post match today.  His answer was a gibbering shambles.  

If we are to have any chance of staying up he needs to play Ricardo he’s being a daft sod, not picking him. I cannot blame him for him being in this position the sooner Top and co and sell up the better.

Cooper gave the impression in that interview that he was happy with his right back. I might be wrong but when asked about Ricardo going up to midfield he didn't grasp the question. This makes we wonder if he doesn't understand why Ricardo was so important last year in the inverted FB role. Clearly the system has changed but I'd hoped Ricardo would have been given some minutes by now.

Way too early to start reaching a conclusion that cooper needs sacking. Simply put, We deserved to lose today vs Fulham. A pretty limp performance all in. But Cooper’s away record with Forest was absolutely abysmal too, and he clearly relies on home form.

Both Fulham goals were on James Justin’s side today. I seriously worry that cooper is continuing to overlook our best footballer. It is unforgivable to bench Ricardo again! I am certain that if Ricardo would’ve played we do t concede that 2nd goal. Ricardo just wouldn’t have lost his head and go gallavanting out of position like JJ did for Fulham’s 2nd goal. I know Fatawu was out of position so JJ felt the need to break the defensive line and chase, but even in kids Sunday grassroots football this is madness! I wonder if Cooper/Ricardo don’t get on or if cooper is trying to push him out of the club?

Also, it is harsh that Mavididi has lost his place to Bobby de Cordova Reid, who hasn’t exactly hit the ground running. Furthermore, why isn’t Alves playing when we’re crying out for an attacking midfielder and some creativity? Playing Ndidi in an attacking position at the end of the game was strange, but I actually thought Ndidi was our best player today and clearly stepped up after Winks was very below par.

That Jordan Ayew free kick blazed over the bar with 10mins to go (painful). J.Ayew may prove to be a good signing, clearly a Cooper signing, but the jury is out.

2 games in now…1pt. Impending 6pt deduction due to PSR/FFP breach, so I’m looking at this as we’re currently on -5pts at the moment.

Completely acknowledge Cooper needs to step up massively and a bit more of a forward thinking approach is definitely required. But I’m willing to give him more time. I’ll certainly be backing the boys at our next match and getting right behind them all (inc. Copper). This is going to be an absolute gigantic slog of a season and they need every single one of us getting behind the Team.