Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Steve Cooper - New Manager

14 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Not enjoying weekly officiating moaning. 

Does make you wonder who the real reason for the whole thing at Forest was over refs 

Blaming refs is a sign of weakness. Officials will have bad games of course but the one today was fine for a whole. Good managers can mitigate for poor referees 9/10 times. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

So you think thus squad is better then the one that went down in 22/23?

This squad has more fight, not better though.

As much as that pains me to say because that was a very unlikeable bunch - and not in a good way.

Would be interesting to see the two teams play each other though because I think the fight this team has would trump the half arsed performances they gave at the time, despite the talent.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, whoareyaaa said:

We have a better keeper, he is also leaving out Ricardo.. I think the defense is better than when we went down for sure although could be improved. 

It depends if we are talking about the defence we played, or the defence we should / could have played. 

The squad that got relegated, should have been challenging for Europe. It’s still a disgrace that we went down and we are now in the mess that we are in. If you’re a Chelsea, Manchester United, Newcastle etc, you can recover from that. We were at our limits to keep us in the the top half and we are a major blue print for what happens when the house of cards, which is build on a beach falls over. 

If we don't beat Everton, I can't see where he gets a league win from. Maybe away at Southampton, but again, that's an away game and he has that abysmal away record at Forest and shows no signs of having a plan to do anything different here.

in fact, everything seems the same as his stint at Forest - no tactical plan, constant demands for more signings, griping about offiicials and no sign of knowing how to win games of football.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Stitched up by PSR Premier League rubbish. Our manager (and player) options were limited with a points deduction hanging over us. Cooper was about as good as we could've got. Sack him now and the compo will push into dangerous territory again.

Getting relegated would be worse than paying the compo

• Like 2

Want him to go now. I'd rather we had no manager at all for the Everton game than this sack of shite

He'll leave riccy out and play 3 cdms again.. yea I know wilf got 2 assists today but that really is a one off. So much creativity just wasted on that bench

All he did today was invite the pressure, which inevitably for a team with an inferior defence results in conceding. Couple that with only using 3 subs when players like Vardy and Skipp were done in is just criminal.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, orangecity23 said:

If we don't beat Everton, I can't see where he gets a league win from. Maybe away at Southampton, but again, that's an away game and he has that abysmal away record at Forest and shows no signs of having a plan to do anything different here.

in fact, everything seems the same as his stint at Forest - no tactical plan, constant demands for more signings, griping about offiicials and no sign of knowing how to win games of football.

Really needs to go if we don't get a win against Everton

Can't still have him in place with that kind of form going into Bournemouth, Southampton, Forest and Ipswich

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

deduction

PL prize money is worth 1.7m a place.  Would another manager who we could realistically attract get us 5 places higher than Cooper?  I think they would. That’s gives us £8.5m to sack him and his coaches which should be enough, unless their contracts are all Rudkin-specials. Trouble is, those contracts probably are ☹️

The consensus when he came seemed to be that no, he's not very good but with the points deduction looming we couldn't do any better. Now there's no points deduction, what exactly is the case against binning him other than it being a bit impolite? Nobody can seriously believe he is the best available option.

• Like 1

The subs were woeful. No other way to paint it. Which is a shame as the performance was largely good and we were robbed by a curious offside decision. 

Ayew imo is made for those tight hanging on games. He should COME ON at 75 mins, not be brought off exhausted. 

The ol' throw another centre back on is Sunday league tactics. And if you are gonna do that, do it with Vesty FFS. Who's cool at, doesn't give at, is 6ft 5 and can put his foot on the ball. 

The right subs for today were Ricky to support in the right and get Ayew off,   Hamza straight midfield swap for wilfs if needed

Fayawu for Vards (push Stephy up top) and if Stephy was knackered, 'll get crucified for suggesting this, the bonehead Soumare on at 85 mins so we had some strength and long legs  to run around up top and unable to do any  self inflicted damage there 

• Like 1