Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Steve Cooper - New Manager

36 minutes ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

Deluded if you take anything from friendlies, or more that your looking for any excuse to get at the bloke.

9 games he should have worked out his best players by now, and how to get them in the team

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, guest123 said:

9 games he should have worked out his best players by now, and how to get them in the team

He did not have all those players for those 9 games though, this is what the next two weeks is for surely?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

He did not have all those players for those 9 games though, this is what the next two weeks is for surely?

if he ain't worked out Ricky P is one of the best players in the whole squad by now then quite frankly he's a ****ing idiot

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, guest123 said:

don't understand the point you're making

You started by saying he should know his starting XI by now, to which I said he has not the had the full squad up until recently, so it is more likely it won’t yet be possible.

Then you said he should be playing Ricky, which is fair enough, but it is not the same topic was my response.

Feels like another ‘Cooper is a bad guy’ type post was all.  :dunno:

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

You started by saying he should know his starting XI by now, to which I said he has not the had the full squad up until recently, so it is more likely it won’t yet be possible.

Then you said he should be playing Ricky, which is fair enough, but it is not the same topic was my response.

Feels like another ‘Cooper is a bad guy’ type post was all.  :dunno:

i didn't say that though did i, i said he should know his best players (after 9 games), one which is Ricky P, which i then elaborated on 

12 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

It's took Claudio Ranieri 4 league to give Kante a start.

Its also took him 8 games to give Simpson and Fuch a start.

Teams generally evolve over the course of a season.

Agreed but we just don’t have time to spare unfortunately. He needs to get mavs back in on the LW and bring in some creativity to midfield. Either BN or BEK depending on how the latter settles this week. Ayew and skip worked hard and showed up yesterday but decisions have to be made to get the balance right. Riccardo not playing is baffling. I hope there is a good reason as to why. Interesting to see how he introduces edouard. 

I think cooper is just trying to stay tight and aggressive first half of games and then bring on more creative players later on. Previous managers have tried the reverse. I think he just needs to find the middle ground with a balanced selection and get the team to gel and work for each other. There are some promising signs on the teamwork side which bodes well. Can’t fault the team much for effort yesterday. 

• Like 1

Just now, guest123 said:

i didn't say that though did i, i said he should know his best players (after 9 games), one which is Ricky P, which i then elaborated on 

Ok, but it’s hard to say with Ricky, he has no doubt been one of our best players for quite a few years, but what has happened to him? We assume nothing as we like our favourites but Tranmere was an eye opener. 

Thank god it's the international  break!

Mods need to lock this until the next game as its getting ridiculously  stupid...hopefully all the schools  are back open on monday!!🙄

• Like 4

I’m sorry but feels like most have decided the Cooper narrative already and are just looking for proof points.

Keeping it tight early doors vs Top6 teams is sensible. Yesterday we were bringing on the attacking players just before Villa got their second. Against Spurs I’m sure we’d have won of it wasn’t for the injury. He’s been saying for weeks he wants more attacking players but he only got some of them very late in the window. On the whole our signings have strengthened the squad bar maybe Cordova Reid and even he’s a versatile squad player.

Not wearing my blue tinted specs but he’s got us competitive, has a squad and will hopefully take the handbrake off vs the bottom half teams.

• Like 4

The good thing is that it's plainly obvious that we should try and win games now rather than not lose. 

Hopefully he ditches the 3 CDM model for good and puts at least 2 creatives on the pitch.

Mavidivi must now be in contention for a start too.

Kristiansen isn't really good enough and Vardy is only worth playing of he had genuine support.

1 hour ago, Fox85 said:

Just out of curiosity.....

What's your opinion.

Do you think a manager would prefer the first 10 games that included a full preseason and transfer window.

Or 10 games into a season with a squad he has inherited?

Of course any manager would prefer to have a full pre-season and 10 games rather than inherit a squad. But that's not the issue here is it? He's had 3 league games, 2 against teams who will be top 6 contenders and 1 against a very good side and we have been competitive in all 3. We had a potential banana skin of a league cup game which we won comfortably, more so than the other promoted team who people are quick to compare us to.

My opinion is we haven't had 10 games to judge him on, but largely im pleased with bits I have seen. There are some concerns such as his team selections and the omission of Ricky P. But when we saw the fixtures come out, I was more concerned about us potentially rolling over in these first few months to Spurs, Villa and Arsenal because we have previously lacked fight. I was wrong, he seems to have instilled some grit in the team and there's a fight we haven't displayed for a while. I'll give him longer to sort out the tactics and get the results now we have a finalised squad, but I appreciate he's probably tried to make us hard to beat so far so we aren't going into the international break in a similar position to Saints and Everton who have looked horrendous so far.

1 hour ago, guest123 said:

His squad got finalised on Friday and its clear he's going to utilise his squad to setup however he sees fit on an opponent by opponent basis which when you are going up against the likes of Villa and Spurs why would you not? 

31 minutes ago, brookfox said:

I’m sorry but feels like most have decided the Cooper narrative already and are just looking for proof points.

Keeping it tight early doors vs Top6 teams is sensible. Yesterday we were bringing on the attacking players just before Villa got their second. Against Spurs I’m sure we’d have won of it wasn’t for the injury. He’s been saying for weeks he wants more attacking players but he only got some of them very late in the window. On the whole our signings have strengthened the squad bar maybe Cordova Reid and even he’s a versatile squad player.

Not wearing my blue tinted specs but he’s got us competitive, has a squad and will hopefully take the handbrake off vs the bottom half teams.

There are people who see and talk sense on this site:worship:

• Thanks 1

Cooper has 2 weeks and 3 very winnable games in the 4 after.  We'll have then played a good mix of teams in the division.  Then we'll have a good idea of what he's about.  Home games vs Everton and Bournemouth, you'd expect us to take the game to them.  However he chooses to play points are all important.  Whether it's turgid stuff or exciting and free flowing all that matters is how many points it gets us.

43 minutes ago, brookfox said:

He left it far too late. 20 minutes to try and salvage an equaliser against a team that looked pretty average was poor negative tactics. Villa are not Man City

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

I like Cooper. He's already instilled the passion & fight his Forest team had the year they survived and we went down with a whimper.

I don't even mind the way we are playing, just a couple of selections to his starting 11 to iron out and i think he'll be decent.

Yeah that’s pretty much where i am with him. I wouldn’t be against playing 3 DM’s away against the likes of Man City and Arsenal but not any other time.

Some people on here didn’t want him from the off and jump on anything they can to support their opinion. He’s not getting sacked this early so get behind him and give him a chance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

He left it far too late. 20 minutes to try and salvage an equaliser against a team that looked pretty average was poor negative tactics. Villa are not Man City

He was looking to bring them on around the 60min mark, which with the added time was 37mins left, nearly double the 20 you quoted.

Edited by brookfox

3 minutes ago, brookfox said:

He was bringing them on around the 60min mark, which with the added time was 37mins left, nearly double the 20 you quoted.

They scored in the 63rd minute and not one Leicester player had their trackie off and stood on the touchline ready to go. He shat himself after it went 2-0 and made a triple sub. Too little too late 

Edited by South Shire Fox