Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Steve Cooper - New Manager

2 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

https://www.forestforum.co.uk/index.php?threads/the-demise-of-leicester-city.45088/page-28

About the only thing I can agree with those lot, such a ringing endorsement of Steve Cooper.

You bypassed the casual racism as they were also taking the p@ss of Bilals name. Yeah great judgement to agree with a forum clearly full of pea brained morons. 👌

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, brookfox said:

He was looking to bring them on around the 60min mark, which with the added time was 37mins left, nearly double the 20 you quoted.

68 minutes they came on. It was about 10 minutes later than it should have been. And in that time, the game got beyond us.

I like him and think there has been some good stuff such as scoring and defending better from set pieces already and the grit we have shown. 

But, there are some changes needed to the starting line up, possibly not all at the same time but Mavididi in, FB or BEK over Ndidi for me and Ricardo for Justin. And if he is trying to keep the game tight, when we are in the ascendency like we were early in the second half yesterday, make the changes earlier to take advantage. The in game management has been poor.

But I am giving him a chance after the break to see what changes and pass judgement then. 

1 hour ago, South Shire Fox said:

They scored in the 63rd minute and not one Leicester player had their trackie off and stood on the touchline ready to go. He shat himself after it went 2-0 and made a triple sub. Too little too late 

Well I remember it differently but could be wrong. Subs were getting ready from 60mins in my mind.

17 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Well.

Where to start? I can only start by assuming all the Cooper-out bedwetters won’t read this.

I thought we were decent yesterday, by some way our best performance of the season. We showed intensity from the off, players were determined to win their duels, and you could see a team working together & for each other. 

The selections of Ndidi & Ayew made perfect sense. Ndidi showed his limitations in possession but lead the press superbly with Vardy. While Ayew did what he was brought here to do: held the ball, carried it up the pitch, drew fouls & protected his full back. Expect to see that 433 against top 8 sides, because it largely worked.

The timing of the first substitutions was spot on IMO. We were on top & looking likely to get the next goal, so why change? The reason to change was Villa scoring against the run of play, & Cooper reacted immediately. The change then to 4141 worked too. We actually ended in stoppage time playing 316!

More positives: Mads was superb, the back four wasn’t going to be embarrassed by pace, Okoli showed promise on his full PL debut, as did Skipp & Ayew.

We lost to a better team & because we as a unit were asleep for their first.

For the first time this season I have hope. I can see a plan. We were well coached yesterday, and I have some optimism that we might get the results we need against bottom half teams.

We conceded 2 very soft goals having set up defensively which is frustrating. 

Switching off for the free kick and then the  closing down of the cross was slack.

Hopefully we work on this in the break, because we could have got a point if we defended better.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Raj said:

Thank god it's the international  break!

Mods need to lock this until the next game as its getting ridiculously  stupid...hopefully all the schools  are back open on monday!!🙄

Telling me 😅.. emery is one of the best managers in the world, villa are levels above us individually on paper and against a normally high energy massively physical & combative midfield in Onana just on his own tbf and then add mcginn I can see why he opted for a player (who i cant stand watching might i add) in ndidi cause of the physical battle/aerials duels/2nd balls etc ..yes he defo shoulda took him off earlier for a natural 10 but I don't blame him tryna keep it compact against one of the best attacking teams in the league from the off i can see why, he & we are still learning about our squad we matched em without our best team playing cause some of the new players have only just got here to bed in and learn. footballs like a game of chess, all about patience & timing. You start an all out attacking team against a top 4 team like them when they got better quality individuals than you its like commiting Suicide in play, judge the guy against shitter teams. I never wanted the bloke but Give him a chance jesus h not 3 ****ing games. If the team that got relegated had 10% of the fight they did yest we'd easily of stayed up. Short memories everywhere. There's care and fight and thats massive. Also stephy didn't show much against tranmere but ayew did hence why he got rewarded with a start. Ricardo although i love him has no recovery pace in this league anymore so there'd be way more goals like Fulhams 2nd we need new full backs for me, I Had us down & out 3 weeks ago but after some ok different profile signings & yesterday I don't know how you can come away from that with anything but optimism despite the result especially after seeing the southamptons and Evertons etc not everyone's gonna be as good as villa and we matched them. We were a offside, okoli misjudging a bounced touch from a fk from him scoring and non dodgy ref away from winning against a top champions league club that arsenal got battered by but watkins decided he couldn't be arsed to score TWO tap ins 😅. Keep the faith.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Lesta Legend said:

You bypassed the casual racism as they were also taking the p@ss of Bilals name. Yeah great judgement to agree with a forum clearly full of pea brained morons. 👌

Re Cooper’s tactics not about Bilal, sorry should have made that clear.

1 hour ago, the draper said:

3 games in 

* Look solid enough 

* Not been rolled over 

* Platform to build from 

* I Like the manager 

* He has room to improve but who hasn't 

The amount of obsessed whoppers on here slating him is peak FT pastic panic merchants 

Try supporting the manager and the Team 

They are not responsible for this mess 

But the is responsible for leaving are more attacking talents on the bench and playing 3 cdm’s on the field. That was his choice and he left us chasing the game again 

4 minutes ago, Kp1984 said:

But the is responsible for leaving are more attacking talents on the bench and playing 3 cdm’s on the field. That was his choice and he left us chasing the game again 

Counter to that is without that defensive structure a team like villa rip us apart 

I'm happy he knows what he is doing 

• Like 3

It was perfectly understandable to be worried with a number of decisions made so far this season. When the results are not coming, regardless of expectations, there is going to be questions raised when the “stars” are sitting on the bench for large parts of the game. 

The thing about all three games, including Fulham which I think was our overall worse performance so far, we’ve walked out of games, wanting more, disappointed, angry but essentially feeling we’ve been competitive. That’s different from two years ago - and with a much weaker squad this time around. 

The difference from two years ago is that I’m probably not expecting exceptionally good performance. That year we had a number. Villa away, Spurs at home, Wolves away. Compare that to Forest whose best three performances were against Liverpool at home, 1-0, Arsenal at home, 1-0 and us at their place, 2-0. In all three games, they far from exceptional, they were smash and grabs in every definition of the word. They didn’t play anyone off the park but our team actually did on a few occasions. Yet, they stayed up and we went down. 

We all knew we were in a relegation battle this year. 10 wins, 10 draws is usually the target - even with the points deduction, that number may still be the magic target - the teams that finish in the bottom 3 very rarely get there.

So, 3 games in, am I frustrated with the approach ? Absolutely. Do I think we have a chance - also, absolutely. 10 wins, 10 draws and a bit of luck on the points deduction. Shithouse the survival - couldn’t care if he never gets the formation/personnel right as long as he gets the results where it matters. The bottom 6 - none of which we have played yet. 

I also think (more so know) that the board are not ready for a mid-season change. We’d lose 3/4 games if it happened. And panic into a decision. 

This squad is better than a lot thought and hopefully the creative lot start to influence it more. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, the draper said:

Counter to that is without that defensive structure a team like villa rip us apart 

Ok let’s be negative and leave are attacking players on bench and lose 2-1 every game I’m sure you will be happy 

40 minutes ago, the draper said:

They played through us quite easily a few times in the 1st half though?

Luckily for us Mads kept us in it

• Like 1

fingers crossed he's learnt enough about his squad after these 4 games. Ricky and Mavididi must start. El Khannous or Good night must start. Vardy maybe could do with coming off the bench next game and we should try Ayew or Edouard upfront. Okoli and Fees for the foreseeable. 

2 hours ago, Steve Earle said:

Well.

Where to start? I can only start by assuming all the Cooper-out bedwetters won’t read this.

I thought we were decent yesterday, by some way our best performance of the season. We showed intensity from the off, players were determined to win their duels, and you could see a team working together & for each other. 

The selections of Ndidi & Ayew made perfect sense. Ndidi showed his limitations in possession but lead the press superbly with Vardy. While Ayew did what he was brought here to do: held the ball, carried it up the pitch, drew fouls & protected his full back. Expect to see that 433 against top 8 sides, because it largely worked.

The timing of the first substitutions was spot on IMO. We were on top & looking likely to get the next goal, so why change? The reason to change was Villa scoring against the run of play, & Cooper reacted immediately. The change then to 4141 worked too. We actually ended in stoppage time playing 316!

More positives: Mads was superb, the back four wasn’t going to be embarrassed by pace, Okoli showed promise on his full PL debut, as did Skipp & Ayew.

We lost to a better team & because we as a unit were asleep for their first.

For the first time this season I have hope. I can see a plan. We were well coached yesterday, and I have some optimism that we might get the results we need against bottom half teams.

Agree with most of this post, apart from I actually don’t think Villa were better. We looked far better with our best attacking players on the pitch, and I think had we started like this we would have got something out of the game. We were a bit too passive in the first half and mistakes led to goals. I think we ultimately lost the game ourselves, however this is kind of a good sign, it means we’re competing against very good teams and holding our own, whilst being slightly disappointed. It’s clearly a good sign that there hope we can get this to click and have a good season! 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Likewise the same in the 1st half vs Spurs in the season opener, they could and should have been 3 or 4 clear by half time, these negative first half tactics are actually putting us under more pressure and susceptible to conceding clear chances and goals. I think it’s more by luck than judgement that we haven’t already been on the end of a bit of hiding. 

Edited by Claudio Fannieri
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Kp1984 said:

Ok let’s be negative and leave are attacking players on bench and lose 2-1 every game I’m sure you will be happy 

You need a few grammar lessons before you pass your Uefa Pro licence 

Till then I'll trust our current leader 

• Like 1

Give him time. Hasnt been helped by the mess the board left us in along with not many players really wanting to come here. The team seem like they are all massively up for it which is so refreshing to see after years of watching Tielemans, Iheanacho, Evans etc saunter about without a care in the world 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

A few times , you sort of confirm my point 

Imagine if we didn't have a defensive set up it would have been more than a few times,  We would have been 3-0 down at half time 

The man needs time, this is my 5th decade following this club and one thing you have to have is patience and acceptance that at times we struggle we are LCFC that's how we roll 

Let's see where we are come Christmas  

1 minute ago, the draper said:

A few times , you sort of confirm my point 

Imagine if we didn't have a defensive set up it would have been more than a few times,  We would have been 3-0 down at half time 

The man needs time, this is my 5th decade following this club and one thing you have to have is patience and acceptance that at times we struggle we are LCFC that's how we roll 

Let's see where we are come Christmas  

That defensive set up also meant we were 2-0 down by the time we made changes, at which point we had also left ourselves very little time to actually try and get anything from the game

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hope Steve Cooper takes a long hard think about playing such a high line or sorts it out. Both goals at Fulham and the inexplicable positioning for the Villa free kick first goal were big factors in those defeats.  

Edited by l444ry

Do you remember when Puel was in charge, strange team selections,  and we were so passive in the 1st half of so many games would go behind and then last 20 or so minutes release the shackles and have a right go, to only feel by full time what could have been had we been braver from the off, this is giving me very similar vibes, under Cooper I can see this season being full of what ifs, if onlys and what could have been. 

Edited by Claudio Fannieri
  • Like 1