Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Steve Cooper - New Manager

23 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

I don't think our squad is much better than anyone else's actually, if we take off our blue tinted glasses that is. 

I suspect Cooper will be given 10 more games, and if we are being cut adrift from 17th, then he will go. 

We are a much better prospect for a Manager without the -6 points, but I expect it will be Moyes... 

Let's give Cooper a chance in the next handful of games though. He may surprise us. 

Definitely willing to give him a chance but also hope the board react sooner rather than later if needs be, also I agree about our squad not being better than anyone else’s to a degree but I think we have enough quality if managed right to stay up

5 minutes ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

He really needs to get his act together now 

I'd review at the end of October and if he's not doing the business get rid 

Two wins from the next two if not get rid please and bring in someone more competent at this level, no excuses now not to as we no longer have PSR charges.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'd resigned myself to giving him the full season no matter what as with the points deduction I had us 100% down. Now we need to do whatever we can to stay in the league. Still think we have the second worst squad in the division but there's not an awful lot in it

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Two wins from the next two if not get rid please and bring in someone more competent at this level, no excuses now not to as we no longer have PSR charges.

Very sensible thought process sir! What could possibly go wrong with getting another manager? Everyone shits  the bed don't they?

Just now, dr.o.ball said:

Very sensible thought process sir! What could possibly go wrong with getting another manager? Everyone shits  the bed don't they?

What could go possibly wrong with keeping Cooper? Abject league performances he’s crap at this level! We have the players to stay up comfortably, I would rather we go for someone with more ability , that will prioritise our academy talented players and not be so defensively minded.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

I would rather we go for someone with more ability

And that's where the problem lies. Unless you can attract a manager with more ability who is willing to come to Leicester, then you have to persevere with what you have. So unless someone like Moyes has had discussions with the club and agreed to join should they dismiss Cooper, then we'll have to stick with the incumbent and hope things get better.

27 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

What could go possibly wrong with keeping Cooper? Abject league performances he’s crap at this level! We have the players to stay up comfortably, I would rather we go for someone with more ability , that will prioritise our academy talented players and not be so defensively minded.

Well he did keep the florists up and that's his remit for us this season.

Our players being comfortably good enough is a huge statement for a returning Championship team, out of touch, low on confidence in the top flight.

If Cooper goes on a bad run and we are in the bottom 3 around Christmas time (or even before that), the club will give him the boot. After dodging PSR it's all to play for with more signings in January possible, or even likely.

The real question then is if the current squad is strong enough to get 40 points, and from what I've seen so far it is. Maybe it's one player short, a better striker, but it's pretty competitive. 

emLd4BE.png

Here are the next 8 fixtures. If we are bottom 3 after this lot, he'll be in trouble, and rightly so. That said I don't think we will be bottom 3 and wouldn't be suprised if we beat Palace. Morale at the club should be good, the monkey is off our back and it's all to play for. 

Our underlying data so far isn't too bad, though as we all know the chance creation stats are a bit lacking. We only just signed El Khanouss though, and he is likely the key to staying up this season, regardless of who is in charge.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Just lost his get out jail free card

Not really because that was still hanging over us in the summer and has limited what we could do to the squad. However, it has definitely ensured that the fuse is going to light a lot faster for each mistake he makes and there is a chance he will get sacked if we're in trouble at Christmas.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

If Cooper goes on a bad run and we are in the bottom 3 around Christmas time (or even before that), the club will give him the boot. After dodging PSR it's all to play for with more signings in January possible, or even likely.

The real question then is if the current squad is strong enough to get 40 points, and from what I've seen so far it is. Maybe it's one player short, a better striker, but it's pretty competitive. 

emLd4BE.png

Here are the next 8 fixtures. If we are bottom 3 after this lot, he'll be in trouble, and rightly so. That said I don't think we will be bottom 3 and wouldn't be suprised if we beat Palace. Morale at the club should be good, the monkey is off our back and it's all to play for. 

Our underlying data so far isn't too bad, though as we all know the chance creation stats are a bit lacking. We only just signed El Khanouss though, and he is likely the key to staying up this season, regardless of who is in charge.

Was just thinking before I saw this that it's a shame the announcement wasn't a couple of days before a game, or at least not right at the start of the international break.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

It's mad to me that the PSR reprieve yesterday has spawned a ton of negativity and deterministic defeatism about the manager.

How about we judge him over the run of 7 crucial games between now and the start of November, rather how we get on against 5th and 4th placed Spurs and Villa? 

image.png.ad43c0dc419212f370690fde7eefa2c4.png

Reckon:

Win,

Win,

Lose,

Draw,

Win,

Draw,

Win..

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

It's mad to me that the PSR reprieve yesterday has spawned a ton of negativity and deterministic defeatism about the manager.

How about we judge him over the run of 7 crucial games between now and the start of November, rather how we get on against 5th and 4th placed Spurs and Villa? 

image.png.ad43c0dc419212f370690fde7eefa2c4.png

14 points should be the target if he fails to get that then he should be sacked, but reckon he only gets at the best maybe 8 points.

We’ve got to be pretty appealing for managers now, got good recent history probably will have a decent amount to spend going forward and a good core of players, if a manager kept us up this season they’d have a great platform to challenge for Europe again imo

35 minutes ago, Taz_The_Fox said:

The delusion of what some of our fans expect this manager to achieve with the squad we've got is crazy....If we go on a great run of form its a massive bonus, but if we finished 17th Cooper has succeeded in my eyes this season.

100%