Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Steve Cooper - New Manager

2 minutes ago, mod hero said:

Can someone copy and paste? Behind a paywall

Chat GPT:

Leicester City manager Steve Cooper is reportedly facing unrest from senior players due to his relaxed leadership style, which includes seeking input from the squad on tactics and potential signings. This approach contrasts sharply with his predecessor, Enzo Maresca's, authoritative management style. Leicester’s players are reportedly struggling to adapt, and Cooper may face mounting pressure if results don’t improve soon. His team currently sits 15th in the Premier League table, and a crucial match against Crystal Palace looms.

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

Chat GPT:

Leicester City manager Steve Cooper is reportedly facing unrest from senior players due to his relaxed leadership style, which includes seeking input from the squad on tactics and potential signings. This approach contrasts sharply with his predecessor, Enzo Maresca's, authoritative management style. Leicester’s players are reportedly struggling to adapt, and Cooper may face mounting pressure if results don’t improve soon. His team currently sits 15th in the Premier League table, and a crucial match against Crystal Palace looms.

Thanks mate, just read it in the Sun

Edited by mod hero
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

Potter was 1st choice.

Corberan 2nd

Cooper a compromise. 

I’ve heard albeit not concrete, that certain members of the hierarchy aren’t convinced by him. 

Top and Whelan :ph34r:maybe Rudkin is finally getting the boot!

• Like 2

Some people don't like the Boss, shock and horror.

In every walk of life, some people will be unhappy with their boss. You can't please everyone all the time.

Some would have felt the same about Enzo.

It is only an issue when it is the majority. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

In every walk of life, some people will be unhappy with their boss. You can't please everyone all the time.

Yup.

He won't help himself if he continues the stance with Ricardo as it will put huge pressure on him to maintain the buy in from the influential squad leaders.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

But the players want leadership, cooper seemingly lacks. I think it’s clear Cooper was a compromise…. And I think the first sign of pressure he is gone. No smoke without fire………

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

If it was just a few unhappy junior members of the squad, I agree it wouldn't matter. However it's much more likely to be an issue if it's the senior pros (as this story suggests) given the influence they're likely to have on the rest of the squad. It doesn't sound like there's an active mutiny taking place - more like a few rumblings. But if he doesn't start delivering results soon, it's only going to go one way.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Haywood_6 said:

If by "senior pros" they mean Faes, I honestly wouldn’t care at all. He’s just a complainer and whingebag on and off the pitch.

Likely to be Winks, Ricardo, Mavididi and maybe Vardy as well.

1 minute ago, chuddy8 said:

I don't dislike him, I pity him, and I think this is worse in a way. I hope he succeeds but fear he won't.

Why pity? It's clear from Rodgers, Maresca and Cooper (his comments in the press about signing premier league experienced players) that our board are giving too much control to managers. It's his own doing. 

41 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I think the concern is that he sounds like he doesn't have a plan and gives the impression of being incompetent.

• Like 1