Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Steve Cooper - New Manager

I think he's a reasonably solid appointment when considering the mess the board have got the club into. No manager with a lot of options would want to join a club with a major points deduction around the corner and the previous manager openly stating that the board misled him over the state of the club finances.

Hopefully the penny has finally dropped for all of you about King Power, they need to go.

12 minutes ago, cheshamfox17 said:

Forest completely altered their style of play at the start of last season then changed back when it didn't work hahah

And yet none of that alters or affects in any way  my original statement that Enzo was not "tactically astute"

Pretty underwhelming but what can you do other than support him.  I just hope the players buy into him and we have a decent Summer, otherwise I really worry for next year.  Positives are he's out of work and Forest fans think very highly of him.  

Obviously I wish him well and hope he proves a lot of wrong but truthfully I’m already wanting this new season ahead to finish. Maybe a dent signing or two may settle my doubts. 

3 minutes ago, Patrick said:

I think he's a reasonably solid appointment when considering the mess the board have got the club into. No manager with a lot of options would want to join a club with a major points deduction around the corner and the previous manager openly stating that the board misled him over the state of the club finances.

Hopefully the penny has finally dropped for all of you about King Power, they need to go.

Solid in what way? He's a Championship level manager at best. I guess thats where we are headed to stay! 

1 minute ago, Foxin_Mad said:

The board appointed Cooper he is their 'top man'

This club is finished. 

Every club appoints their top man, or at least say they do. I bet Spurs did when they appointed Nuno and about 7 higher profile coaches turned them down beforehand.

Just feels like Dean Smith mk2 to me. No one decent wanted the job because of the absolute mess we’re in so get a cheap manager with Prem experience that’ll take it. The easy and ambition less option while the club was running out of time to appoint a manager in time for the new season

Edited by South Shire Fox
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, East Langton Fox said:

F##k me, all this negativity. Who were you expecting? We will be favourites to go down. Points deduction to come. No money. 

Get behind him and stop f##ing whingeing. 

We are indeed,

interestingly Man City are 16-1 to be relegated, due to off field antics.

He wasn’t my first choice, but Peps in a job and I doubt we can afford his release clause.

He wants to be here, and I trust he will give everything to the cause.. he will get my support.

• Like 1

Just now, BenTheFox said:

The only plus is that people will stop moaning about us passing too much. The GERRIT FORWARD brigade should love it. 

We won't Gerrit forward, there will be 11 men behind the ball, time wasting keepers, no shots, no passes, hoooooooof gonna be rancid

• Like 2