Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Steve Cooper - New Manager

5 hours ago, Gazza M said:

I still find it weird how a lot of people are on Cooper's back having played 2 teams competing for Champions League places and very steady Fulham side away. Please give him some time and show a bit of patience. We are 3 games in. 

There's around 8 teams competing for Champions League places and another 8 'Steady Eddys'. That only leaves 4 clubs fighting to avoid 3 relegation spots.

You can't dimiss the level of the opposition in the Premier League; 'oh, well of course we'd lose to them, they're a top club' - If you can't compete in the Premier League, against all the clubs, you are fighting against relegation.

19 minutes ago, kyleolly said:

But we’ve got back to the premier league and instead of going all out and giving it our all it’s just been a bit meh

Spot on - Somethings not quite right at the moment - I part put it down to the Sword of Damocles hanging over us. 

Now Copper needs to start seeing it much clearer both in his team selections and his game management which has to be said have both been p*ss poor so far. 

If I can see it from SK1 and the back of the stand at Fulham he must be seeing it. 

If he doesn't start getting a response soon I'd  have lines of contact with Potter and get him in asap now 

I think we will learn alot today, the FFP decision should have them extra motivated, shackles are off.

If we set up with a team of defenders and no ricardo again, he isn't going to last long. I normally think the express and the sun are very unreliable, but the ricardo nonsense makes me think theres some truth to player unrest, it's so bizarre and I can't imagine the players are happy with his treatment.

I’m no apologist for Cooper but I do feel like people are forgetting just how weak this squad is in terms of PL quality. Our transfer window has been pretty underwhelming and I’m not sure the likes of Skipp, BDR and Jordan Ayew are the kind of players that are going to see a championship team thrive at this level

we could sack cooper in a month but do we have the players to avoid the drop? I’m not sure we do. This isn’t the same club as it was 3 years ago - the owners have turned it into a championship outfit struggling to keep afloat

Whether people agree with that or not, whilst you might argue we don't have a Prem standard squad, we do have a squad equal to or better than enough teams to avoid the drop.  We might not have a squad equal to Spurs, or Villa, or the likes of West Ham.  But how does it stack up against Saints, Everton, Ipswich, Wolves, Forest, Bournemouth?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JimJams said:

Whether people agree with that or not, whilst you might argue we don't have a Prem standard squad, we do have a squad equal to or better than enough teams to avoid the drop.  We might not have a squad equal to Spurs, or Villa, or the likes of West Ham.  But how does it stack up against Saints, Everton, Ipswich, Wolves, Forest, Bournemouth?

I’m not sure it stacks up well. I don’t think our squad is as good as Forest who have had 2 seasons in the PL (plus that bonkers transfer window) to build it. Are Bobby Decordova Reid and Jordan Ayew getting into that Forest squad? Is El Khanouss going to be better than Gibbs White? Highly doubtful. We’re relying on a 38 year old Vardy and Patson Daka when he comes back to lead the line - Everton have Calvert Lewin for eg.

I think fans are lost with last seasons run away title where we were clearly better than most of the teams in the championship. When you step up you have to spend money and improve. We spent a bit of money on signings I don’t think really improve us hugely while losing one of our biggest creative contributors 

41 minutes ago, KingdomofRust said:

I’m no apologist for Cooper but I do feel like people are forgetting just how weak this squad is in terms of PL quality. Our transfer window has been pretty underwhelming and I’m not sure the likes of Skipp, BDR and Jordan Ayew are the kind of players that are going to see a championship team thrive at this level

we could sack cooper in a month but do we have the players to avoid the drop? I’m not sure we do. This isn’t the same club as it was 3 years ago - the owners have turned it into a championship outfit struggling to keep afloat

The players that Cooper seems to have pushed for.

I don’t think anyone is expecting us to get into Europe but this mantra that our squad isn’t good enough to survive is nonsense.

We lack goals, I’ll admit that straight off the bat but that’s made even harder when you play Ndidi as a high 8/10.

We have better/similar squads to Southampton, Ipswich, Everton, Bournemouth and Brentford at least.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, KingdomofRust said:

It’s not weak though is it? Skipp at £20m you consider underwhelming? He’s a well thought of player…. Ayew we’ve given a bit of stick, but he’s a vastly experienced PL player who’s played at this level for a long time, as has BDR. 

We’ve also got a vast amount of PL experience that not too long ago we’re finishing in the top half of the table…. This squad on paper is well capable of finishing between 17th - 12th. We’ve got some really good attacking players, a fairly experienced midfield and a fairly steady defence. 

The problem with the first three games so far has been Coopers tactics. How can you suggest this team isn’t capable of staying up, when your manager is leaving the best attacking players on the bench? 

Cooper needs to be braver and believe in the squad, this squad is certainly a lot better than you think it is. With some proper leadership skills and tactical nous this team can do well. 

I just don’t think Cooper will succeed, he was very much third choice, the club even had to try and suggest he wasn’t, which just confirms that he was….. he’s being treated like and behaving like a third choice too. These articles definitely feel like the beginning of the end for him in my opinion. 

• Like 1

The squad should be good enough to stay up if we can score goals. That's the big problem I see we have is where are the Goals coming from on a regular basis.

Vardy aside none of the others are prolific goal scores.

The other big problem, Has Cooper lost the players if he has we're in big trouble never mind him. 

Players are not stupid, they can see if he knows what he's at or not. And everyone can see his tactics so far are flawed.

So let's hope he can get something from todays game and bring a bit of belief into the players.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

The squad should be good enough to stay up if we can score goals. That's the big problem I see we have is where are the Goals coming from on a regular basis.

Vardy aside none of the others are prolific goal scores.

The other big problem, Has Cooper lost the players if he has we're in big trouble never mind him. 

Players are not stupid, they can see if he knows what he's at or not. And everyone can see his tactics so far are flawed.

So let's hope he can get something from todays game and bring a bit of belief into the players.

Would help if he played more attacking players like 

• Like 2