Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Steve Cooper - New Manager

35 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

The squad should be good enough to stay up if we can score goals. That's the big problem I see we have is where are the Goals coming from on a regular basis.

Vardy aside none of the others are prolific goal scores.

The other big problem, Has Cooper lost the players if he has we're in big trouble never mind him. 

Players are not stupid, they can see if he knows what he's at or not. And everyone can see his tactics so far are flawed.

So let's hope he can get something from today’s game and bring a bit of belief into the players.

He’s lost the fans with his choices so I would guess he’s lost the good players that can actually make a difference to the team. Senior players like Ayew, Reid and Ndidi must love Cooper, they are getting to play and JJ doesn’t have to go further than the half way line, overlap or pass the ball forward.  

No point having experienced players if they have limited ability. 

You would hope that players have already questioned the choice of playing Ndidi in the attacking role and dropping Mav/Riccy to Cooper. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KingdomofRust said:

I’m not sure it stacks up well. I don’t think our squad is as good as Forest who have had 2 seasons in the PL (plus that bonkers transfer window) to build it. Are Bobby Decordova Reid and Jordan Ayew getting into that Forest squad? Is El Khanouss going to be better than Gibbs White? Highly doubtful. We’re relying on a 38 year old Vardy and Patson Daka when he comes back to lead the line - Everton have Calvert Lewin for eg.

I think fans are lost with last seasons run away title where we were clearly better than most of the teams in the championship. When you step up you have to spend money and improve. We spent a bit of money on signings I don’t think really improve us hugely while losing one of our biggest creative contributors 

But equally Hermansen is better than Selz

Ricardo and Justin are better than Neco Williams and Kristiansen I'd have over Aina. I prefer our CBs as well overall despite Murilo being a talent.

Fatawu and Mavididi vs Elanga and Hudson-Odoi the latter might be more established but they've not really done a lot either.

15 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

But equally Hermansen is better than Selz

Ricardo and Justin are better than Neco Williams and Kristiansen I'd have over Aina. I prefer our CBs as well overall despite Murilo being a talent.

Fatawu and Mavididi vs Elanga and Hudson-Odoi the latter might be more established but they've not really done a lot either.

The biggest difference between the 2 sides is they act like a premier league side who go out to win games and we dont

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Mendi said:

Probably more to it than that.

Just read Cooper saying Ayew is the sort of experienced player he needs in the dressing room as he has the experience to help players through this.

Great way to get Vardy on side.

If that's true Coopers a fvcking clueless idiot. Ignoring Vardy in it will have pissed most off with more than a couple of years at the club.

1 minute ago, sylofox said:

Probably more to it than that.

Just read Cooper saying Ayew is the sort of experienced player he needs in the dressing room as he has the experience to help players through this.

Great way to get Vardy on side.

If that's true Coopers a fvcking clueless idiot. Ignoring Vardy in it will have pissed most off with more than a couple of years at the club.

How would that piss Vardy off? I'm sure he's used to not being the only senior pro whose voice gets heard.

Just now, Rain King said:

Always thought those calling for his head already were a bit premature but he's just doing my head in now. Can't be arsed with it. Get him gone.

Nothing premature about it, he was an absolute disgrace of an appointment, yet we did it.

Yeah I'm done with him, was willing to give him a bit of a chance but the awful pre season followed by these woeful team selections each week are killing me, how can you even get up for the game knowing you are about to watch a midfield 3 of Winks, Skipp and Ndidi, only reason I won't be fast asleep by half time will be the sheer volume of chances we will give up to them

• Like 1

I'm ok with the midfield, I get the logic.

But it's the jettisoning of Ricky and Vesty, the use of BdcR, the recall of Ward, picking Vards to start, Mavididi struggling for minutes. The recall of Soumare. No loan for Alves. All are - opinion thing - poor decisions. 

Only one way out of making poor decisions. That's to win. 

Coopers clearly decided he is going to inflict his own points deduction on us this season if we aren't getting an official one. There is literally no other explanation for his complete lack of desire to fight to survive or earn us any points. What a thoroughly inept ****.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Paninistickers said:

I'm ok with the midfield, I get the logic.

But it's the jettisoning of Ricky and Vesty, the use of BdcR, the recall of Ward, picking Vards to start, Mavididi struggling for minutes. The recall of Soumare. No loan for Alves. All are - opinion thing - poor decisions. 

Only one way out of making poor decisions. That's to win. 

What is the logic of having Ndidi play in a role he has zero skills in? He flits around the midfield, doesn’t break up play or even tackle. Watch how many times the attacks break down because of his lack of control and how many start because he won’t track runners and press.