Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Steve Cooper - New Manager

Just now, Jjridgewell said:

we ended the game with our only attackers being vardy and fatawu, we had not threat to them and that's why they camped in our half and we threw it away. that is coopers fault simple as

And had coady not given the penalty away you wouldn’t have said anything about it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Answer the question? 

Is every mistake a player makes the manager fault?

Yes or no?

It's not that hard...

Whose fault it is Steve is a moot point. Ultimately it's the manager who takes the responsibility for the errors that the personnel he picks make.

That's kinda how football and most businesses work. 

That hard to understand?

Edited by Brizzle Fox
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

And committing men forward could have led to us losing the game. We’ll never know.

There's plenty of room between "committing men forward" and what we saw for 20 minutes today.

Park the bus like that and fail to see it out, you'll rightfully come in for criticism. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

Absolute bollox. Clueless analysis. 

Oh wait no….Cooper gave a penalty away not Coady. I forgot.

Looks like you forgot,

Cooper coaches / managers the team, picks the match day side, decides on the tactics, makes the in games changes, decides on the substitutes and therefore is responsible for the result.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Jjridgewell said:

I would have because even though it worked today i still think he's too coward with the starting lineup sooooo 

As I’ve said above, I didn’t like the 11. He probably felt he couldn’t play Bilal as he’s trained with us twice since signing. Not sure why Facundo didn’t start. 

Just now, v6rat said:

Looks like you forgot,

Cooper coaches / managers the team, picks the match day side, decides on the tactics, makes the in games changes, decides on the substitutes and therefore is responsible for the result.

That’s such a naive and tunnel visioned way of reviewing any game of football. It’s a TEAM game but perhaps you forgot that.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Coadys fault today. If he doesn’t boot their lad in our area we win and are all saying how well Cooper has done.

shocking from a senior pro.

Well done? Not a chance. Trying to defend for any length of time never ends well. Palace were always going to get the equaliser, Cooper's subs and tactics made that inevitable. He's woeful.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jjridgewell said:

we ended the game with our only attackers being vardy and fatawu, we had not threat to them and that's why they camped in our half and we threw it away. that is coopers fault simple as

Coopers fault we were 0-2 up as well?

It’s a proper downer but that’s football, happens in thousands of games . 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pazzerfox said:

We'll be more attacking at home.  You've got to stay in games in this division.. if you go too gung ho you can find yourself 2 or 3 down in a blink of an eye and the game is done.  I'm happy that we have been competitive in every game so far. 

You'll be accused of lacking ambition if you carry on posting like this, there's a certain clique on here who don't like a well thought out opinion.

• Thanks 1

We're under the pump, but defending resolutely. Up step genius Cooper, who decides to change our shape and sub a CB for a RW. To make matters worse he decides to put on a CB who hasn't played all season into that environment. Ayew was flagging, changing him for Kasey and leaving everything as is ,was understandable. Even if Coady hadn't made that mistake and we had won, it still would've been the wrong decision. 

3 minutes ago, Brizzle Fox said:

Whether it's the manager's fault Steve is a moot point. Ultimately it's the manager who takes the responsibility for the errors that the personnel he picks make.

That's kinda how football and most businesses work. 

That hard to understand?

Fault and responsibility aren't the same thing.

10 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

And had coady not given the penalty away you wouldn’t have said anything about it.

Not true. We did what Brendan did and focused on defending for the final 10. It rarely worked with him, and it will rarely work now. We needed an extra goal, not clinging on to a 1 goal lead by putting all our focus at the back. I was concerned as soon as he came on.

Edited by phoneticerror

11 minutes ago, Guest said:

If the player in question has no business being on the pitch then yeah probably. Coady is both lacking in match fitness and crap so it's not an enormous surprise that if you throw him into that situation it doesn't pay off. The mistake is his fault but it is Cooper's fault he had the opportunity to make it - that's not hard to understand either is it?

People where sating the same about Ndidi being in instead of a 10, he bags two assists.

People have already made their mind up about Cooper, he's wouldn't be my choice, but he's deserves a fair shot at it.

7 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Fault and responsibility aren't the same thing.

You get that line out of a fortune cookie. It's a cracker.

Anyway in all seriousness I'd be happy to be proved wrong about Cooper,  however I see nothing in his Prem League management career to indicate that I will be.

19 games and counting since his last Prem win is a chastening stat for even his biggest fan.

Edited by Brizzle Fox
  • Like 1

Whether it was an individual error that led to the draw, or not, we needed a win for many reasons, Palace were there for the taking, however a draw is not the end of the world.

I really dont think Coopers methods will survive the season, before everyone including Top etc, get frustrated, I just cant see us kicking on with him in charge, he is a nice bloke etc, and I would love him to kick on, we need something better to compete better, the team is not playing to it's full potential, we have the team to stay up.