Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Steve Cooper - New Manager

3 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I agree, it was completely brain dead from Coady, however when you look at the bigger picture regardless of how it came, the second goal was coming. 

Cooper’s not to blame for Coady’s mistake, but he’s to blame for him even being on the pitch. Cooper so far has lived up to the one criticism Forest fans had of him, which was he struggled to strike a balance between attack and defence. We were excellent for the majority of the game, and in my opinion deserved to win. But, just as Palace show a bit of urgency, Cooper goes full on defensive mode but really badly. Hamza shouldn’t be anywhere near that squad, let alone getting on the pitch…. If you want to do that, surely you bring BDR on? He’s experienced and disciplined enough to play the role N’didi was playing. Coady? He’s barely played, hindsight is great I agree, but was bringing him on really wise? 

I just feel Cooper makes poor defensive decisions, he pretty much decided the last 15 minutes were to be dictated by Palace. We had no outlet, and were happy to just gift them chance after chance, in hope we could hold out. 

The problem is, I thought Palace were pretty average today, but we generated their momentum and Pressure for them and so far we’ve shows that we can’t defend like that and have always conceded. 

Tactically, Cooper is majorly floored, and he will continue to cost us points if he carries on trying to defend like he did. If you’re going to set up like that it needs to be meaningful and aggressive, we were passive and hopeful….. 

Maybe it looked different on TV but in the ground we looked pretty comfortable.

Like I've said he puts two attacking subs on and we draw he gets slated for not shutting up shop.

We were a car crash defensively in 22/23, I don't see who we have brought in to change that.

If you don't have great individual defenders, you have to be a little pragmatic.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Like I've said he puts two attacking subs on and we draw he gets slated for not shutting up shop.

hardly

We were under the kosh ever since Palace got the quick goal back, it was obvious we needed someone to help us get out of that pressure and that someone certainly wasn't Ndidi taking his 50th loose touch when we finally got hold of the ball or in fact Hamza, who very fittingly, looked like a car crash for every single second he was on the pitch. 

Edited by LFox99
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, LFox99 said:

hardly

We were under the kosh ever since Palace got the quick goal back, it was obvious we needed someone to help us get out of that pressure and that someone certainly wasn't Ndidi taking his 50th loose touch when we finally got hold of the ball or in fact Hamza, who very fittingly, looked like a car crash for every single second he was on the pitch. 

Same Ndidi that created both goals? 

22 minutes ago, Jjridgewell said:

we ended the game with our only attackers being vardy and fatawu, we had not threat to them and that's why they camped in our half and we threw it away. that is coopers fault simple as

This. This. This. We had no control over the game and it's starting to become a pattern. Maybe we will grab the odd victory or point but it's starting to seem like it will be based on lucky odd moments.

• Like 1

Imagine it.. Everton get half a clue what they’re doing and a manger who isn’t passive and submissive to the opposition for 80mins of a game.. 

To think that the best multiple posters could do on here is to rely on there being 3 teams worse than us this season. 

It’s high time we got a clue, before it’s too late. 

7 minutes ago, Brizzle Fox said:

You get that line out of a fortune cookie. It's a cracker.

Anyway in all seriousness I'd be happy to be proved wrong about Cooper,  however I see nothing in his Prem League management career to indicate that I will be.

19 games and counting since his last Prem win is a chastening stat for even his biggest fan.

He's not a PL manager just like our squad isn't PL

It's going to be a long season and we a lot of disappointments.

If we are going stay up it well be though guts and hard work work, not quality.

At least we are seeing some fight.

Our recruitment of both a manager and players have been massively hampered by the suspected point deduction.

Its going to be a rough ride, I'd be surprised if we end the season with the same manager.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

He's not a PL manager just like our squad isn't PL

It's going to be a long season and we a lot of disappointments.

If we are going stay up it well be though guts and hard work work, not quality.

At least we are seeing some fight.

Our recruitment of both a manager and players have been massively hampered by the suspected point deduction.

Its going to be a rough ride, I'd be surprised if we end the season with the same manager.

What a load of rubbish

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Maybe it looked different on TV but in the ground we looked pretty comfortable.

We were a car crash defensively in 22/23, I don't see who we have brought in to change that.

If you don't have great individual defenders, you have to be a little pragmatic.

We were comfortable. But I do respectfully disagree. Defensively we looked a lot better before he shifted.The thing is, it’s not defending, he’s just being extra bodies on and then gifting the momentum back to the opposition. It’s not like we’re being aggressive and pressing and really defending like we want to win. We just become passive. There doesn’t appear to be a plan, it’s a case of throwing bodies on and hoping for the best. It’s three times now we’ve seen this defensive approach from Cooper and three times it’s ended in the same way, conceding soft goals. 

I just don’t think Cooper is tactically good enough for this level.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

So you think thus squad is better then the one that went down in 22/23?

It is good enough to compete as we have seen, we went down due to not sacking the manager earlier and having Ward in goal and Amartey in defense along with players running down contracts, waiting to move on to the next club. 

Edited by whoareyaaa

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

We were comfortable. But I do respectfully disagree. Defensively we looked a lot better before he shifted.The thing is, it’s not defending, he’s just being extra bodies on and then gifting the momentum back to the opposition. It’s not like we’re being aggressive and pressing and really defending like we want to win. We just become passive. There doesn’t appear to be a plan, it’s a case of throwing bodies on and hoping for the best. It’s three times now we’ve seen this defensive approach from Cooper and three times it’s ended in the same way, conceding soft goals. 

I just don’t think Cooper is tactically good enough for this level.

If he is doing the same when we have Edouard, El Khannous, Buonanotte (who has a knock) all fit then I will be unhappy.

He's not tactically good enough, but that's what happens when you have to recruit with a sanction over your head.

If he is doing the same when we have Edouard, El Khannous, Buonanotte (who has a knock) all fit then I will be unhappy.

He's not tactically good enough, but that's what happens when you have to recruit with a sanction over your head.

Very true!

6 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

It is good enough to compete as we have seen, we went down due to not sacking the manager earlier and having Ward in goal and Amartey in defense along with players running down contracts, waiting to move on to the next club. 

It's lacking defensively, same as it was when we went down.

Cooper is delivering roughly what I thought he would, we will be spirited and put up a good fight, but we lack quality in key areas.

Just now, coolhandfox said:

Cooper is delivering roughly what I thought he would, we will be spirited and put up a good fight, but we lack quality in key areas.

We lack in game management and well …… tactics! lol

• Like 1

We have a better keeper, he is also leaving out Ricardo.. I think the defense is better than when we went down for sure although could be improved. 

Edited by whoareyaaa