Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Steve Cooper - New Manager

2 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

The only plus is that people will stop moaning about us passing too much. The GERRIT FORWARD brigade should love it. 

Hopefully then people will stop moaning about people moaning about "passing too much".

There isn't a right or wrong way to play.

• Like 1

Wasn't he one of the first names mentioned anyway ? 

I think if we look past the forest connections  the 100 signings ( by their owner )  and look at what he did with Swansea and how he got them playing and even forest in the championship, hes a  good appointment . Likes Youth not afraid to mix it up unlike Gonzo and has coached some great youngsters within the England set up .

Anyone who came was going to have their backs against the wall this upcoming season anyway !

Much like last season we all doubted Enzo but he got the job done in the end after getting a bit hairy Mary and i have said for months if we did go up there will be 3 worse teams than us and i stand by that .

Lets just back him and the lads  regardless of whether he was first choice or not, certainly wasn't mine but no point us going against him before hes  walked through the door, give him a chance .... I am !

Edited by VintageFox73
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

Hopefully then people will stop moaning about people moaning about "passing too much".

There isn't a right or wrong way to play.

I acknowledge that. I'm just trying to kind any positive where I can. 

38 minutes ago, Chiltern Fox said:

I'm happy about this. Can we change our song to mull of kintyre too? Swap out trent for the soar or grand union canal??

Forest absolutely blast that out to be fair, makes when your smiling seem like a church choir.

21 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Thought you’d love this appointment, gives you more reason to continue slagging the club.

I don't need anymore reasons

Astonished that anyone can think we're well run. Usual suspects come out with the same happy clappy stuff or in one person's case extreme whataboutery.

Edited by Chocolate Teapot
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BenTheFox said:

The only plus is that people will stop moaning about us passing too much. The GERRIT FORWARD brigade should love it. 

It would certainly be exciting to watch us trying and failing to pass around the back conceding multiple goals when we get pressed high every game against better premiership opposition. 

Always liked what Cooper has done - England, play-offs, promotions, keeping a newly promoted team up. It was only last season that some of the shine started to come off a Forest seemed to be going backwards, but recency bias aside, he has a good CV, so I was happy enough when they narrowed in on him straight away.

But back then, I was thinking Potter was out of reach: I think Potter was the man who could take us on as a project and adapt Enzo's work and get us challenging the rich 6/7 again within a couple of years, so having got really excited 2 days ago, this appointment now just feels like a let down.

I just hope Potter goes to England or a club abroad and we don't have to watch him succeed at another Premier League club.

1 minute ago, Lesta Legend said:

It would certainly be exciting to watch us trying and failing to pass around the back conceding multiple goals when we get pressed high every game against better premiership opposition. 

Well now we will be watching the other team pass it round while we run around like head less chickens.

From what I remember of our matches against Florist with him in charge, their players showed hunger and a never say die approach. Not the most exciting appointment, but given the mess and limitations we have, I’m hoping it’s back to exciting football #Foxesneverquit!:scarf:

No choice but to back him now, indifferent to the appointment but as pointed out by plenty of others we are already backs to the wall, financially unsteady, points deduction looming, thin squad at best etc.

I think Cooper will relish the challenge, couldn't see Potter having that mentality, he seems like the kind of guy that wouldn't take the dog out out if it was raining. 

17th would be an achievement this season, and go from there - you can w*nk over vision as much as you like, but financially we need to stay up and once that's achieved we go from there.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chapero82 said:

No chance

The way that heads dropped during that losing run last season indicates that it may well have happened again under Maresca. From what I can gather, Cooper will instill a stronger mentality if nothing else and ensure we at least give it a go. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Solid in what way? He's a Championship level manager at best. I guess thats where we are headed to stay! 

Forest were bottom of the league when he was appointed, he got them promoted in the same season and then kept them in the PL after a batshit summer transfer window where the board signed an insane amount of players he didn't want. And yeah, we are pretty much guaranteed to be relegated this season due to the board's incompetence.

1 hour ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

Waste of time playing this season 

might as well fold the club then at this rate then, 

right guys no point now, go support someone else,

like come on, people said the same about MON, CR etc

pretty sure you said we wouldnt go up last season either:whistle:

• Like 1

I think the Forest connection WILL have a big impact if results don’t go our way. It’ll be something the Neanderthals will use as ammo, I have no doubt.

It’s a brave decision by Cooper actually (apart from all the money he’ll be getting as salary), because if he fooks up this time, that’ll be his managerial career over at this level. And he’s inheriting a poor squad imo, at top level.

• Like 1

Just now, Col city fan said:

I think the Forest connection WILL have a big impact if results don’t go our way. It’ll be something the Neanderthals will use as ammo, I have no doubt.

It’s a brave decision by Cooper actually (apart from all the money he’ll be getting as salary), because if he fooks up this time, that’ll be his managerial career over at this level. And he’s inheriting a poor squad imo, at top level.

He'll still get championship jobs for years to come. He was getting linked with all of the championship vacancies recently. No wonder he was excited to take the job here

• Like 1

1 hour ago, whoareyaaa said:

It won’t be us that’s for sure. 

what a shit appointment Peter Taylor vibes

Are you old enough to remember Taylor?

He was seen as an upcoming manager at the time, fans were upset about losing MON but I think were generally positive about Taylor.

Obviously we were wrong.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1