Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Steve Cooper - New Manager

44 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

We have a better keeper, he is also leaving out Ricardo.. I think the defense is better than when we went down for sure although could be 

I agree, not sure what's happening with Ricardo.

Defense is largely the same personal othe then Okoli and Hermansen.

We are doing as I expected we would.

Home form is key.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gazza M said:

If you didn't know our results you would think we are getting thrashed every week by reading reactions on here. Next week is the big test. Home game against a poor team. Winning that is important. If we do then today is a sound point on the road. 

What happens when Everton turn us over at home next week are we allowed to want him out then or will it be we’re 5 games in give him chance?

• Thanks 1

Personally, I think we have a squad to be competitive. We have premier league players and brought in some decent players. Problem is we have a manager with a championship team mindset; playing like the underdog all the time. We need to beat teams like palace to give us a chance, we could have e got 3pts, but it was so defensive in the latter part of the 2nd half, that it was inevitable that they would equalise in some way. 

If he was a bit more positive or tactically aware, we well have a better fighting chance. I'm not sure he's the man now. Too negative and small club mentality. I know we're not massive, but we are better than we've been showing. 

Edited by fox_favourite
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gazza M said:

If you didn't know our results you would think we are getting thrashed every week by reading reactions on here. Next week is the big test. Home game against a poor team. Winning that is important. If we do then today is a sound point on the road. 

Yes, oddly some on here are not happy with the combination of losses and draws as a hope to staying up as acceptable. Plus piss poor team selection. But on the plus side we haven't been hammered yet. So all is good.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stevebfox said:

Well done? Not a chance. Trying to defend for any length of time never ends well. Palace were always going to get the equaliser, Cooper's subs and tactics made that inevitable. He's woeful.

You don’t think the fans would be chuffed with a 2-1 win away at Palace?

1 hour ago, Thefox81 said:

For those sticking up gor Cooper. 19 yes let that sink in. 19 games exactly half a season since he last won a premier league game. Cut our losses and get rid before its to late ala Rodgers.

Imagine that resume turning up at Top's desk and he's thinking 'yes, yes brilliant that's exactly what we need'

We're newly promoted. We're 4 games in, after a tumultuous summer. No, I didn't agree with all of the decisions, but we've competed in all four games, we're not in the drop zone, and we picked up a good point away from home. If we have 5 points after 10 games, okay, let's worry. But 2 from 4 tricky fixtures, regardless of your take on the intricacies of the decision-making, doesn't warrant mass unrest.

If we hounded our manager out on that basis, we'd be a complete laughing stock. Clubs make erratic decisions every so often, but some people on here are taking stances which are preposterous, unbelievably negative, and not at all helpful when we're not actually looking all that bad, and need a bit of support. We're not pushing for the top six anymore, and there are going to be lots of disappointments if we scrape PL survival. We need to get used to that reality.

Yes, with retrospect, it's fair to question his in-game decisions. I understood why he did what he did, even if I didn't like it, and even if it didn't work out. That'll happen sometimes. But he deserves credit for getting us into a strong position in the first place, and with a line-up which most on here deemed worthy of a complete pasting. So we're not all authorities on here, clearly, and when we're at such an early point in his reign, some are making themselves look a bit ridiculous. Like I say, I have my doubts. In a month or two's time we might have even bigger doubts. But no competent club would even be contemplating a change of boss right now.

And to hear comparisons with Sousa is hilarious. If we'd finished 5th in this division last season, had no significant off-field issues to deal with, a competent budget, and nonetheless been comfortably swept aside by opponents, then that comparison could stand. But that is far, far from the case.

The negativity has gone wild. And to think people on here always used to call me a mardy arse.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, inckley fox said:

We're newly promoted. We're 4 games in, after a tumultuous summer. No, I didn't agree with all of the decisions, but we've competed in all four games, we're not in the drop zone, and we picked up a good point away from home. If we have 5 points after 10 games, okay, let's worry. But 2 from 4 tricky fixtures, regardless of your take on the intricacies of the decision-making, doesn't warrant mass unrest.

If we hounded our manager out on that basis, we'd be a complete laughing stock. Clubs make erratic decisions every so often, but some people on here are taking stances which are preposterous, unbelievably negative, and not at all helpful when we're not actually looking all that bad, and need a bit of support. We're not pushing for the top six anymore, and there are going to be lots of disappointments if we scrape PL survival. We need to get used to that reality.

Yes, with retrospect, it's fair to question his in-game decisions. I understood why he did what he did, even if I didn't like it, and even if it didn't work out. That'll happen sometimes. But he deserves credit for getting us into a strong position in the first place, and with a line-up which most on here deemed worthy of a complete pasting. So we're not all authorities on here, clearly, and when we're at such an early point in his reign, some are making themselves look a bit ridiculous. Like I say, I have my doubts. In a month or two's time we might have even bigger doubts. But no competent club would even be contemplating a change of boss right now.

And to hear comparisons with Sousa is hilarious. If we'd finished 5th in this division last season, had no significant off-field issues to deal with, a competent budget, and nonetheless been comfortably swept aside by opponents, then that comparison could stand. But that is far, far from the case.

The negativity has gone wild. And to think people on here always used to call me a mardy arse.

Sack sack sack

2 minutes ago, inckley fox said:

19 games without a win in the premier league. He is not a premier league quality manager.