Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Steve Cooper - New Manager

23 hours ago, KingdomofRust said:

I’m no apologist for Cooper but I do feel like people are forgetting just how weak this squad is in terms of PL quality. Our transfer window has been pretty underwhelming and I’m not sure the likes of Skipp, BDR and Jordan Ayew are the kind of players that are going to see a championship team thrive at this level

we could sack cooper in a month but do we have the players to avoid the drop? I’m not sure we do. This isn’t the same club as it was 3 years ago - the owners have turned it into a championship outfit struggling to keep afloat

nonsense

The board can't sack him. They won't be able to swallow the fact the entire fanbase didn't want him and have immediately been vindicated. 4 games already wasted whereby I'm confident a positive set up would have yielded us a better return.

They've f**ked it yet again. Good job Top and the Gang.

Edited by TheGoldenGod
  • Like 2

Just now, TheGoldenGod said:

The board can't sack him. They won't be able to swallow the fact the entire fanbase didn't want him and have immediately been proven right. 4 games already wasted whereby I'm confident a positive set up would have yielded us a better return.

They've f**ked it yet again. Good job Top and the Gang.

Rudkin's choice? He should be the first one out of the door, but Top is clueless.

I think straight after the game I was disappointed but still sat there and thought point away to Palace, good day.

However, I only thought that because of Cooper’s shit record of managing a team away. 

Dropping two points yesterday was on Cooper and no one else. Horrendous management. Let’s not have Deja vu please. 

• Like 1

While the recruitment could have been better, I think now with a bit of hindsight it is decent. Skipp is a very good player imo, Okoli looks good… but he’s not got the balance right and is being too cautious and negative. Wilf did well yesterday, but he’s not that player that can link the midfield to the striker. The omission of Ricardo is outrageous. I know what Ayew brings, but he’s more of player to keep position and use his know how to close out games - we’ve got maybe 3 players I would prefer to start ahead of him.

We’ve got a squad with the potential to finish 12-15th in my view, but with his approach it will be lower and competing for the relegation spots. Next week is crucial for the club and for him if he wants to prove many of us wrong.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

So you don't think Coady should have dealt we the initial ball? 

I didn't have the best angle from in the ground but it looked easy enough for him to deal with.

if we hadn't sat back for most of the 2nd half he might not have been put in that position in the first place

Make no mistake his negative selections and substitutions do nothing but blunt any attacking outlet and ambition, and does nothing but give the opposition the initiative and invites pressure.

We are conceding possession, territorial advantage and a high number of chances which is leading to us conceding pretty much 2 goals a game, and with a manager who doesn’t have the desire to let the handbrake off, so how do we see where the wins are coming from, because we aren’t scoring 3 in many games under Cooper. If you are going to be ultra negative and cautious you have to be keeping clean sheets or at least down to one, you then have a chance. We are not, in all our games so far except Tranmere we have been fortunate not to concede more than we have. This is what is concerning me, he isn’t capable of setting us up to be tight and well drilled defensively however he is selecting a team or making changes that stifles our attacking intent but does little to stop us being dominated and conceding chances. Its a tactical mess in my opinion.

IMG_0741.jpeg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Ricardo - we have no basis for his inclusion this season. The two performances we have seen have been well below par.

Suspect people think he needs selection based on historic performances.

Tranmere, where he started out looking very rusty but was ultimately fine, and?

This is becoming an absolute witch hunt now bordering on ridiculous. 

We were 2-0 up with the supposedly negative selections playing away from home. The game plan almost worked and we came away with a point. 

Thoroughly enjoyed the GOAT outpace England's best CB and Mav's goal (yes cooper reacted and played Mav from the start on merit). 

It was a good performance. 

Thats a perfectly decent result if we can keep that up and bag wins at home against the bottom 5. 

We've been in it every game and haven't lost by more than 1 goal.

Played Spurs and Villa already. 

Give Cooper a chance. If this was Enzo or some other progressive manager they wouldn't be getting this treatment. 

Seasons of having a soft weak underbelly when the pressures on and if nothing else Cooper has turned that around. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Jakemoore said:

No real blame attached to Cooper from me. Some of you lot just can’t get over his forest connections and you’re blinded by it. He could win us the league and you still wouldn’t be convinced. 

I didn’t like his choice of 11 again today but at 2-0 up he had got it right. We pressed them well and created the 3 best chances of that game at that point. Conceding straight after going 2 up isn’t coopers fault. Sending an extremely experienced CB on who got bullied by a kid half his size and then made a crap challenge in the box also isn’t his fault.

Could we have gone at them a bit more and tried to make it 1-3? Yes maybe. But that aside I’m not blaming cooper. There’s a culture of blaming the manager in football. Sometimes the players just need to make better decisions. 

Wow

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Just admit you've made a mistake and get Corberan in. Even if we go down we'd have the best manager in the championship 

He was my 1st choice when we appointed Steve  "pooper scooper"

I don't think we would go down with him at the helm as he'd get more out of the current crop of players then Cooper. 

I'm not saying we would be mid table but 17th or just better is achievable with our better players actually on the pitch and playing to their collective strength ( which isn't 7 defensive midfielders and hope to nick something)

And no not Potter.   

He too for me has too much of a defensive mindset. We don't have the players that give is heaven a half world beating defence,  so it's suicide to adopt a style that relies on an attribute we don't have.

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Can you explain yourself here pleae3? In the 4 games we've played 5 of the 7 we've conceded have come from the right flank.

Now you can believe that Ricardo isn't suited to playing the role Justin is but even if that were true, the evidence is clear that this tactical set up is a major weakness and not giving Ricardo a single minute so far is just astonishing.

What would it take for Cooper to rectify that? He can talk about various injustices or things we need to do better but whilst he leaves this as is then we're playing with one arm behind our back. Not to mention having to field upwards of 7 defensive players a game just to keep it on average to 2 goals against a game. It's mingin'

This is correlation and not causation, so yes the problems have come from the right flank, but that does not inherently mean Ricardo will be better.

Would like to see Ricky start, but there must be some reason why he is not selected and I am not into baseless conspiracy’s that would be so self-defeating for a a manger as to be silly.

9 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Ricardo - we have no basis for his inclusion this season. The two performances we have seen have been well below par.

Suspect people think he needs selection based on historic performances.

Valid point...

But unless we see him for a few games we will never know.   And if he does stink Cooper can always swap on at 60mins for JJ.  

15 hours ago, pazzerfox said:

We'll be more attacking at home.  You've got to stay in games in this division.. if you go too gung ho you can find yourself 2 or 3 down in a blink of an eye and the game is done.  I'm happy that we have been competitive in every game so far. 

clearly didn't watch the fulham game, or the first half of the spurs game or the 2nd half of the palace game