Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Steve Cooper - New Manager

3 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

So no different then?

The stadium needs to come together on Saturday for the sake of Vichais Legacy and get Cooper out of the club 😤 

He would be turning over in his grave. 

Why can’t we do it for the club and the fans, rather than a previous owner?

13 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

So no different then?

The stadium needs to come together on Saturday for the sake of Vichais Legacy and get Cooper out of the club 😤 

He would be turning over in his grave. 

Fantastic idea, 4 games into a new season in the prem. 2 losses in the first 4 games. FFS there are some morons on here, surely everyone can see what a great idea this would be:ph34r:

Reckon we should boo even harder if we win and go mid table.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, murphy said:

You're right, we have no right to turn up at Palace and expect to win, but I don't think that is the problem being discussed here.   The problem is that having got ourselves ahead we invited Palace on to us and conceded possession, territory and threat with no outlet leading to the inevitable late equaliser.

We did invite them on to us granted, but I don't think they created much or our keeper making any miraculous saves. We were 2 minutes away from shutting them out and an individual error that cost us.  I'm taking the positives. I'd be delighted if we finish 4th bottom to be honest. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Claridge said:

Fantastic idea, 4 games into a new season in the prem. 2 losses in the first 4 games. FFS there are some morons on here, surely everyone can see what a great idea this would be:ph34r:

Who you calling a moron.

Before throwing that word around maybe just maybe contemplate who you are actually talking to behind your phone.

You don't know me like I don't know you, I mean I could call you a nonce, not saying you are you could be who knows but let's not get into the insults.

However I've said it many times before it's supporters like your self Sir that is part of the problem. If you are prepared to watch the club you support sink rather than do your best to fix it then you are the problem.

14 minutes ago, Claridge said:

Your right we should just sit silently and think if we keep playing like that we will be alright as we slowly sink further down the league and get relegated again

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

if we lose to everton, i’m curious whether we could pull the plug on cooper? it’s a tad harsh but at the same time, it seems clear that we’ve just got this all wrong. 

It only appears to be a 4 donkey race at the bottom and losing to everton is simply not plausible if we want to stay up. 

just go and beg corberan, he’d take it. 

I like the thinking but if we lose to Everton we will go through motions in the most stereotypical Leicester fashion. Regardless of the result he will be here for at least 12 games. I would 100% get rid tomorrow. I stand by it from the get go, every day cooper is in charge is a day wasted. 

59 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Who you calling a moron.

Before throwing that word around maybe just maybe contemplate who you are actually talking to behind your phone.

You don't know me like I don't know you, I mean I could call you a nonce, not saying you are you could be who knows but let's not get into the insults.

However I've said it many times before it's supporters like your self Sir that is part of the problem. If you are prepared to watch the club you support sink rather than do your best to fix it then you are the problem.

I don't he was specifically calling you a moron.          He/she/they just said there are some morons on here.     And as we know, foxestalkisfullofidiots.

• Like 1

I like the way he sets up. I like his midfield. But his personnel selections I find extremely troubling. 

BdcR over.mavididi

Ward over Iversen

Soumare over.McAteer 

Coady over Vesty

You could.maybe argue the merit of JJ v Ricky,  but the list above isn't even close. In each case the excluded player is clearly, categorically and unarguably better than Cooper's preferences

2 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

I don't he was specifically calling you a moron.          He/she/they just said there are some morons on here.     And as we know, foxestalkisfullofidiots.

He replied to my post so he was indirectly calling me amongst others a moron.

Yea foxes talk is full of idiots as is everywhere.

However the idiots are better than the happy clappers with 0 ambition.

4 minutes ago, South Notts NFFC said:

Out of interest, in the 4 games you've had in the league, what has Cooper done to cause the mass vitriol?

Not starting Ricardo. 
Playing 3 dcm. 
Poor use of subs. 
Seems tactically clueless. 
We don’t start playing until we go behind apart from the palace game.  
Lack of playing young players. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, South Notts NFFC said:

Out of interest, in the 4 games you've had in the league, what has Cooper done to cause the mass vitriol?

His first name is Steve, and his 2nd name is Cooper.

<Edited to say: And he's not sexy and Italian, and lots of other irrelevant things.>

Edited by worth_the_wait

1 minute ago, winteriscoming said:

Not starting Ricardo. 
Playing 3 dcm. 
Poor use of subs. 
Seems tactically clueless. 
We don’t start playing until we go behind apart from the palace game.  
Lack of playing young players. 

Cooper always struck me as a stubborn bugger with players, which sometimes is a good thing particularly with our (then) volatile ownership but it did mean that in many eyes some decisions just didn't make sense. Case in point when we came up we were crying out for some pace at the back and we signed a young defender called Loic Bade on loan. For some reason the lad never played a minute for us whilst Steve Cook and Scott McKenna, stalwarts from the promotion season were in every week.

Bade since then has won the Europa League and been called up for France, so you're telling me that he wasn't better than Cook, but for whatever reason Cooper just took a dislike to him instantly.

One thing he did do though which many managers wouldn't is admit that his system and style wasn't working, after we got thumped by your lot he changed to a much more solid 4-3-3. It wasn't pretty but it ground out enough results to keep us up.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, South Notts NFFC said:

From the outside it seemed like some wanted him gone before a ball had been kicked or even before he'd signed!

where do we start? 

benching our best player in Riccardo

starting with 3 DM’s sitting back with no attacking outlet, waiting for teams to come on to us

subs v palace atrocious, completely ruined the flow of our football putting on another defender (cost us the penalty)

I don’t even know what style of football we play 

just absolute cowardly football should never have appointed him. 

• Like 3

Either Top was conned or Cooper convinced him that there would be a continuity in style of play and attacking football, I'm not sure. But starting games with no natural attacking midfielder suggests to me, we'd rather try not to lose games, rather than try to win them. The next few games will define our season. Will there be a more progressive approach with a desire to take the game to our opponents, or will sit back and hope we score on the counter or from defensive errors. Apart from a bright 20 minutes against Spurs, I'm not sure we've created too many chances per game. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, South Notts NFFC said:

From the outside it seemed like some wanted him gone before a ball had been kicked or even before he'd signed!

12 minutes ago, South Notts NFFC said:

Is it anything to do with being Forest manager? I don't recall Martin O'Neill getting similarly bad treatment for Forest connections.

for some it’s definitely this 

but he isn’t helping himself - if his starting line up is ok then his changes are poor and vice versa