Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Steve Cooper - New Manager

2 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

He'll still get championship jobs for years to come. He was getting linked with all of the championship vacancies recently. No wonder he was excited to take the job here

I agree mate. I meant at Premiership level. Get sacked at Leicester, early doors, and he won’t manage another Premiership club 

• Like 1

I think we’re no more likely to be relegated with Cooper than we would have been with Enzo.

It’s funny how Enzo has now been elevated to Pep status by some people here, when in reality we’ve all been saying for months that he’d be sacked by Christmas if he stayed with us.  He has a plan A, and when that doesn’t work, he just keeps on with plan A. And our players aren’t good enough for that. 

And Potter, whilst no doubt a superior manager, was clearly dithering.  He was probably making more demands, wanting more money, easy escape routes etc.  He’d probably have been constantly looking out for better offers.  And the bottom line is that we need a manager asap to decide who to sell before the end of this month. 

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Corberan was heavily linked. Would have been a much more inspiring appointment. 

Potter also closely linked but sounds like Rudkin didn't want to relinquish control over transfers. Potter has a better record in the PL than Cooper does... 

But being linked don't mean they want the job though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kasey Keller said:

Cue the mass player exodus 

I bet half a dozen transfer requests have gone in this morning 

Id imagine players are more open minded than that and are willing to wait until they’ve spoken to him and seen how training goes first. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Patrick said:

Forest were bottom of the league when he was appointed, he got them promoted in the same season and then kept them in the PL after a batshit summer transfer window where the board signed an insane amount of players he didn't want. And yeah, we are pretty much guaranteed to be relegated this season due to the board's incompetence.

He hit literally one lucky streak that's it. Last year he eould have taken forest down. There was nothing particularly good in that period a piss poor championship. People keep harping on about the job he did at Swansea, he did nothing they were mid table.

Just an awful meh appointment!

Yes the board incompetence stems from signing a manager who has no hope of keeping us up and will be gone by Christmas, hopefully taking Rudkin with him. 

What grinds my gears is we’ve had to hear mouth breathers slagging Enzo off last season despite doing a sterling job in one of the most competitive Championship seasons on record and yet now we’re told to back Cooper, who loves Nottingham and is about as inspiring as the Mrs telling you to get up for a big day of holiday shopping at the Trafford centre. 

Just now, Foxin_Mad said:

He hit literally one lucky streak that's it. Last year he eould have taken forest down. There was nothing particularly good in that period a piss poor championship. People keep harping on about the job he did at Swansea, he did nothing they were mid table.

Yes the board incompetence stems from signing a manager who has no hope of keeping us up and will be gone by Christmas, hopefully taking Rudkin with him. 

The suns out by the way

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, FoxyPalace.com said:

Not excited by this but will give the bloke full support 

We are always better to be bringing someone in that has a bit to prove. In the last 10 years I can only really say I was excited about Rogers at the start and hmmm well, that started well. Id love to see a bit of the old Leicester back that made me come to love the club, the fight, the foxes never quit vibe. We lost so many games in the last 10 minutes under Rogers. Hes obviously a decent coach, the key will be whether his thoughts are aligned with the recruitment teams as we need a good 4 or 5 new faces in this summer.

4 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Are you old enough to remember Taylor?

He was seen as an upcoming manager at the time, fans were upset about losing MON but I think were generally positive about Taylor.

Obviously we were wrong.

Correct. He also made a fantastic start, and won manager of the month, going unbeaten, to top the league. We were in dreamland 

• Like 2

I'm not particularly excited about this appointment and i didnt particularly like him at forest but I'm willing to give him a chance! He has done a decent job in the past until the sacking. I'm willing to back him..

Not the appointment I was hoping we would make, but it has been made so lets hope he can keep us up.

Now, if my old memory is working correctly, I seem to remember lots of fans screaming for us to get him as manager when we were struggling. Now we have him, it seems the majority dont want him, so what happened to all those that said to get him in.

One good thing is his first name is Steve.

10 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

The way that heads dropped during that losing run last season indicates that it may well have happened again under Maresca. From what I can gather, Cooper will instill a stronger mentality if nothing else and ensure we at least give it a go. 

I hope you are right. I will get behind the manager because we have to.

But I do not like how we are run. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Got them into the play-offs twice?

52 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

I wouldn't normally answer disparaging and erroneous remarks but you can't deny he is a failed manager and with all the talent that is around the question that needs answering: is this really the best we can do?

You don’t tend to get coaching jobs with Liverpool and England if you don’t have something about you - especially if your respective playing career wasn’t at the top level. 

7 minutes ago, Qwerty said:

I think we’re no more likely to be relegated with Cooper than we would have been with Enzo.

It’s funny how Enzo has now been elevated to Pep status by some people here, when in reality we’ve all been saying for months that he’d be sacked by Christmas if he stayed with us.  He has a plan A, and when that doesn’t work, he just keeps on with plan A. And our players aren’t good enough for that. 

And Potter, whilst no doubt a superior manager, was clearly dithering.  He was probably making more demands, wanting more money, easy escape routes etc.  He’d probably have been constantly looking out for better offers.  And the bottom line is that we need a manager asap to decide who to sell before the end of this month. 

Strongly disagree there - continuity in our circumstances is/was massive. Particularly as the club has to cut its cloth over the summer 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Are you old enough to remember Taylor?

He was seen as an upcoming manager at the time, fans were upset about losing MON but I think were generally positive about Taylor.

Obviously we were wrong.

That’s true.

He is arguably our worst ever manager and is totally that in my eyes, but that’s all hindsight. 

The vibes weren’t bad when we appointed him. 

More recent appointments have been:

Pearson - meh!

Ranieri - really?

Maresca - who? 

I’m not confident myself, buy I hope Cooper is one of those that proves people wrong in the long term 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

You don’t tend to get coaching jobs with Liverpool and England if you don’t have something about you - especially if your respective playing career wasn’t at the top level. 

Peter Taylor...