Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Steve Cooper - New Manager

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Why do you think this? Don`t all fans think their own club is better?  :dunno:

Because we have won stuff and in the last 10 years been in the top 6 three times and top half 5 times. We also have a bigger fan base than most if not all of those clubs mentioned. 

Therefore we are currently a bigger team than them we are just having a bad period at the moment and bigger shouldn't be confused with better.

But these things mean that we do still have a better reputation than alot of middling clubs and a bigger pull for players from other leagues.

But this only counts for anything if it is used properly and the bad period dosent last for too long as the reputation will go away as quick as it came

• Like 1

1 hour ago, James_lcfc said:

All fair - Wouldn't expect you to agree with my nonsense! :D

The season would still be a struggle with Enzo, I don't dispute that, but we'd have a plan, and we wouldn't be going into games shitting ourselves about the opposition.

Not nonsense there bud. 

I'm not, and have never been a fan of EnzoBall,  both for lack of entertainment  factor and the fact we don't have the quality needed nor the resources required to obtain them to ever make it work. 

But under Cooper we do seem clueless at times, and negative in our approach to the game.

I personally would like to see him leave as I've seen enough to make my decision that he's just not good enough, and his style and ethos is wrong for the club and certainly wrong to get the best out of our current players.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

We are still a biggish club in premier league terms even though we were relegated the season before last, far bigger than the likes of Brentford, Fulham and Bournemouth etc in time we will surpass these clubs, is it wrong to expect us to hire someone better than Cooper? Is he the best we can do? 

Cooper was 3rd choice (that we know of). We tried to get better and we couldn't - for whatever reason - get it over the line. 

Then the club insulted our collective intelligence by trying to claim publicly that he wasn't third choice and that the situation was "fluid" 

Edited by RoboFox

9 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Cooper was 3rd choice (that we know of). We tried to get better and we couldn't - for whatever reason - get it over the line. 

Then the club insulted our collective intelligence by trying to claim publicly that he wasn't third choice and that the situation was "fluid" 

Who was the second choice then after Cooper? Carlos Corberan?

45 minutes ago, Kierzz said:

Who was the second choice then after Cooper? Carlos Corberan?

Someone might correct me, but we approached Potter who pulled out at the 11th hour over a contract stipulation. 

West Brom were contacted for Corberan but we couldn't afford his £4m buyout at the time. 

Cooper was then hired after both fell through and someone at the club told Radio Leicester that he wasn't third choice. lol

Edited by RoboFox

2 hours ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

Because we have won stuff and in the last 10 years been in the top 6 three times and top half 5 times. We also have a bigger fan base than most if not all of those clubs mentioned. 

Therefore we are currently a bigger team than them we are just having a bad period at the moment and bigger shouldn't be confused with better.

But these things mean that we do still have a better reputation than alot of middling clubs and a bigger pull for players from other leagues.

But this only counts for anything if it is used properly and the bad period dosent last for too long as the reputation will go away as quick as it came

Personally do not think that matters for a club outside the top 6/7, especially after a relegation as in that scenario you are only as good as your last season, but I get that we all see things differently though.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Royston. said:

going down with a whimper with this clown in charge

Im not one to say i told you so but i bloody well told you so:P

The only fact you've stated is that he's in charge, going down nor with a whimper are close to fact so I'd hold on to your "I told you so".

2 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Personally do not think that matters for a club outside the top 6/7, especially after a relegation as in that scenario you are only as good as your last season, but I get that we all see things differently though.

Yes like I said I think there is a difference between big or in our case relatively big club and which club is better

But yes it's arguable and everyone will see it differently

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MancFox24 said:

I wasn't a fan of Cooper's appointment and I really can't stand his constant blathering on about refereeing decisions. But 4 games in and I actually give us a better chance of survival now than before the season began (not just because of the point deduction decision). The football hasn't been great but we've been competitive in all the games and have scored in every one, despite the defensive set up. I imagine the target given to Cooper at the start of the year was 17th and while that's still a realistic possibility, I can't see them getting rid of him any time soon.

Echo's my feelings exactly.

We've been competitive in most games, save for the first half against Spurs. 

There has been sufficient fight, physicality, and effort. 

Keeping the ball ourselves when coming under pressure sounds a better bet that funnelling back to the penalty area - can we do that Cooperman

As the season develops if we can find a role for El Khannouss backed up by Buonanotte  and Edouard helping out Vardy 50% of the games and scoring a few, then we have a fighting chance

I'm on the optimistic bus, there are currently worse teams than us

Plus when Man City get relegated then 18th will do!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

What was our net spend this summer ? For a club of our size, he's been backed quite heavily too. 

Roughly 40m net.

Less then both Southampton and Ipswich.

Both spent around 100m, we spent 75m ish.

Not sure spending 20m less than both your promoted rivals is being heavily back.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

Just now, Mickyblueeyes said:

£75m with a looming PSR charge not bad going. 

I'm not complaining, I think we would have spend more of we could have got our preferred forward option.

Just don't think you can claim a manager is heavily back when you are spend less then your likely rivals.

8 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

£75m with a looming PSR charge not bad going. 

Again, finance vs accounting. We HAVE the money we just can’t spend it. £75m means nothing, it’s the yearly breakdown that matters.

Assuming they were all four year deals, £18.75m of transfer charges this transfer window. All of the incomings were last financial year.

Based off the increased revenue expected it’s a very small amount. 

Not passing judgement on whether good or bad, but the spend number means nothing without the context.

Just listened to the latest When your Smiling Podcast episode, I thought Pipes and John Bennett both summed up the result/performance really well, particularly the changes and impact of Coopers subs and tactical changes. 

in addition Mavididi in his interview seemed far from enamoured with the situation and his lack of game time / starts prior to Saturday. Also Cooper and his reaction to the VAR decision, requesting the club contact the FA for further clarification all seemed a bit desperate, maybe he was loading the gun for Maranikis to fire last year about refs and the subsequent hiring of Clattenberg. 

I want to just put this out there as a bit of poser going forward, especially for the people defending him and saying about staying up

What if Cooper does last the season and keeps us up? what do we want/expect for the following season? can anyone see him taking us forward and pushing the club forward? do we buckle in for another bumpy season and accept 17th place?

• Like 1