Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Steve Cooper - New Manager

I've been quite negative about Cooper and didn't want to see him appointed. However now he is her lets look at the positives:

He has a good track record with youth and we have some very strong young players Alves, Braybrooke, Nelson

Players and fans seem to like him and get on with him well and he seems to have had a good positive connection with fans at all the places he has been which means a better atmosphere around the club

• Haha 1

What are the board thinking, absolutely clueless in the extreme.

He a championship manager at best, I don’t see any qualities in him that will bridge us to the next step I.e establishing ourselves at this level.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

I will back him when the time comes but I have to say that this is a rancid symbol of our decline. Completely incoherent appointment and completely tone-deaf from those running the club. You'd be going back twenty-years for the last time I was this underwhelmed by a managerial appointment. 

Really

Nigel ‘who the **** is Nigel’ Pearson?

Ranieri just been sacked by Greece for losing to minnows.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

They missed out the words 'are delighted to announce'...

"Pleased" to announce that price hike the other day and not a single similar word about Cooper.

They themselves know it's a shit desperate appointment.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Peter Taylor...

Yeah, that was different - Hoddle hand picked him for the England under 21’s and he had had a reasonable top flight career.

Plus Taylor never had club managerial experience higher than Gillingham when he joined us - with all due respect to them.

Cooper’s clearly a good coach, he’s made clubs better than when he joined them - and Glover is clearly not bad at recruitment - so I sense as a pairing they could do well for the club.

5 minutes ago, Qwerty said:

I think we’re no more likely to be relegated with Cooper than we would have been with Enzo.

It’s funny how Enzo has now been elevated to Pep status by some people here

I agree with you on the relegation 'do a Burnley'.

Enzo has that weird media charm but to be fair to him, we can't ignore how so many players have said positive things about their personal development and learning of football due to Enzo.

You want a manager the players back, can learn from, play for. Forest seemed to do it for Cooper even with their masses of players so there's hope. But what have players and coaches said about Cooper for comparison?

https://trainingground.guru/articles/steven-reid-what-makes-steve-cooper-‘so-special’

https://www.coachesvoice.com/cv/andy-reid-nottingham-forest-steve-cooper/

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/sam-surridge-hails-cooper-after-england-u21-call

Positives 

Just now, TaggertvsWise said:

In what way?

Apparently we have

• No money
  • No points
  • No hope
  • No balls
  • Sloth from the Goonies as our manager

Never mind the pre-existing debilitations of

• An incessant need to be negative
  • A terminal case of recency bias

They are right, its grim.  :surrender:

Let's Go Steve! :scarf:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 27/05/2024 at 18:16, richardsfoxes said:

@ramadaone Who do you think will replace him?

I'm reliably informed its going to be a local bloke called Dick Stair ( apologies if spelling is incorrect )

Apparently he has a a bit of a cult following ( again apologies if spelling is wrong ) from his radio popcast 

His in depth coaching and managerial in sights are aired as a 5 second slot every four weeks should you wish to hear more.

Know the u21 and Academy staff are all looking forward to being involved in the initiation ceremony which involves the use of lots of sharp instruments and lube apparently. They are also keen to hear after he has insisted in loaning out 27 under 21's / 18's how the feck they are supposed to furfil any games never mind be competitive

His knowledge of potential transfer targets is well touted and deserves respect ( the only element of this post that might be remotely true )

If for any reason Dick doesn't take the job then Cooper might be your man solely based on the fact that he is free

Just a lucky guess ...

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Really

Nigel ‘who the **** is Nigel’ Pearson?

Ranieri just been sacked by Greece for losing to minnows.

Pearson had just kept Southampton in the championship at our expense when we appointed him. I felt at the time that Ranieri's four game stint at Greece wasn't a fair representation. 

1 hour ago, Vaz said:

I'm all for giving the new guy a chance but honestly is this the best we can do? :(

But are you giving him a chance??

I guess most wanted Potter, BUT we fell asleep on the job & got relegated and the clubs bean counters can't count.  Means we're back in the beggars can't be choosers box.  Whether he's good or bad he won't last more than 3 years (none do really).  And we had a good set up and players and still went down.  Expectations are lower because of probable points deduction and limited funds.

He's brought a team up, the club was a car crash, the owner a nutter, they stayed up - we have to do no more than that, anything else is a bonus.  Thats HIS CV. 

He seems a decent guy, he's the manager the club have picked we will have to watch how this goes, lets hope it goes well, thats what we all want.

The guy below in the end got a chance and even he was only here 20+ months.

image.png.279e45e9c0f25f697916e25babaa96cb.png

Edited by The boy Linacre
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, David Hankey said:

I wouldn't normally answer disparaging and erroneous remarks but you can't deny he is a failed manager and with all the talent that is around the question that needs answering: is this really the best we can do?

You can deny it.

Did well with England youth and got a piss poor Forest side up when they'd been abysmal for 23 years. Keeping them up with a basket case owner buying random players (something Potter struggled with) was arguably an even bigger achievement.

• Like 3