Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Steve Cooper - New Manager

1 minute ago, Chelmofox said:

He deserves the time to get it right for sure. But i think its fair game to be critical of him and the appointment.  We have looked competitive, so its all within his power to kick things up a gear now.

Saturday is huge. Lose and we are likely in very big trouble. Draw will fee very Meh (unless Everton step up a gear). We need to see a result. 

Absolutely, and this is what I’m saying.

i didn’t watch the Palace game but i read the Sky commentary when Coady came on for Ajew and said to my friends “I’ve seen this one before”.

That said, ive seen that move work many times before as well.

This season, we have looked significantly better while on the front foot so I’d like to see us do that more. But his approach has seen us still be in games to do that (probably arguably not Villa).

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, suffolk fox said:

Like when we won the premier league Spurs fans use to go on about possession stats and xg re shots, etc let's be honest.

Only stat that really matters is the score at the end of a game.

Sure. And if we stay up with shocking xG data then I won't be complaining! It has been well proven to be a good indicator of future performance though. 

Having said that I don't think anyone at our club looks at it. If they had they'd have seen the worrying data from 21/22 and sacked Rodgers in the summer.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

This very much comes down to giving someone a chance where the evidence suggests that's very dangerous to do so if we want to stay up. 

We’ve had 285 consecutive games with someone who’s come through the academy being involved in the first team squad but Hamza was the only 1 on Saturday and for a man who makes himself seem like the champion of youth that would be a funny record for him to break. 

Edited by GingerrrFox
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I hold that higher than style of football in what's important for this football club. So depressing to see. I really hope at the very least if the club stick with Cooper that he is reminded of that  ethos that we want at this club of academy players being developed in the first team.

Preach!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Jock's Hill said:

Martin O'Neill - first 16 games in charge and THAT Sheffield United game.

Think what may not have happened!!!!!

This is exactly what I was thinking as listening to the latest big strong Leicester boys pod.

For years reading this forum Rik flair has in my opinion posted the most sense and has been very entertaining at the same time, but on this occasion seems to have lost the plot.

I understand lots of fans didn’t want cooper in the first place and I believe their bias is clouding their judgment. Because asking for him to get sacked after 4 games, (the 3 I’ve watched we have been more than competitive in apart from the first half v spurs) seems totally irrational, as it transpired that night calling for O’Neil to go also was.

I don’t understand what people want, do we think we should be competing for European football? This team and manager is the closest thing to watching O’Neils teams of the past. I’m exhilarated watching our games now. Rik pretty much admitted to that in the latest pod but still then repeated about getting rid ASAP. Don’t get it

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

This very much comes down to giving someone a chance where the evidence suggests that's very dangerous to do so if we want to stay up. 

I presume the case for the defence hasn't submitted the evidence that he kept a team up once before, wasn't in the bottom three when they sacked him and currently we're not in the bottom three?

We were very likely to always be in a dangerous position no matter who was in charge. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I presume the case for the defence hasn't submitted the evidence that he kept a team up once before, wasn't in the bottom three when they sacked him and currently we're not in the bottom three?

We were very likely to always be in a dangerous position no matter who was in charge. 

That's certainly one way of looking at it and is not necessarily unreasonable. However it's also extremely tight and precarious. His current run from his final 10-15 games at Forest and his start here has really knocked his stats down and I think that's why many are worried.

24 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I think most people have a problem with how cautious and negative he is with his team selections, he was the same at Forest, he also fell out with certain players there too and isolated them, this appears to be the case with Ricardo. 

We have a squad capable of staying up, but only if it is managed correctly, is Steve Cooper the right man ? Only time will tell but I do understand people's reservations.

1 hour ago, winteriscoming said:

His game plan is to get to 60/70 mins level then have a go. That’s so negative.

Genuinely think he didn’t know what to do when we were 2 up against palace.  Can see it being the same thing Saturday. 

He did t exactly have a lot of time to adjust at 2–0 did he 

4 minutes ago, joachim1965 said:

I think most people have a problem with how cautious and negative he is with his team selections, he was the same at Forest, he also fell out with certain players there too and isolated them, this appears to be the case with Ricardo. 

We have a squad capable of staying up, but only if it is managed correctly, is Steve Cooper the right man ? Only time will tell but I do understand people's reservations.

As do I somewhat, but the reaction is WELL over the top. 

As for Ricardo, we don't know any of that. Managers fancy certain players, remember Rodgers picking Perez week after week. There will be disappoitment players each week no matter who is in charge. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

That's certainly one way of looking at it and is not necessarily unreasonable. However it's also extremely tight and precarious. His current run from his final 10-15 games at Forest and his start here has really knocked his stats down and I think that's why many are worried.

Forest isn't here, you cannot take that into account IMO.  If we don't win in the first 12-15 games he'll probably get the tin tack and rightly so. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

He deserves the time to get it right for sure. But i think its fair game to be critical of him and the appointment.  We have looked competitive, so its all within his power to kick things up a gear now.

Saturday is huge. Lose and we are likely in very big trouble. Draw will fee very Meh (unless Everton step up a gear). We need to see a result. 

You make a fair point in your post and I agree largely.

But how much time should he be given is the question, for me the part in bold is the acid test. 

Everton at the moment are, IMO the benchmark of the low point of the league and I'd hazard a guess will park the bus.

With us being at home, if Cooper doesn't take this as a invitation to let the handbrake off  and we see a midfield trio of Skippy, Ndidi and Winks then I think this is the indicator for me that he needs the to get in the bin and do one.

15 minutes ago, Guppys Love Child said:

You make a fair point in your post and I agree largely.

But how much time should he be given is the question, for me the part in bold is the acid test. 

Everton at the moment are, IMO the benchmark of the low point of the league and I'd hazard a guess will park the bus.

With us being at home, if Cooper doesn't take this as a invitation to let the handbrake off  and we see a midfield trio of Skippy, Ndidi and Winks then I think this is the indicator for me that he needs the to get in the bin and do one.

I think if we lose he's in serious trouble, and he likely knows it. Because lose against the worst and the rot sets in, and we have a pummelling coming up from Arsenal. 

Cooper needs a win, just get that negativity from fans away from him. Though I'd say having two points on the board after four games ain't a bad start considering what was being suggested from some. Win against Everton we will be five points from bottom. 

3 hours ago, Jock's Hill said:

Martin O'Neill - first 16 games in charge and THAT Sheffield United game.

Think what may not have happened!!!!!

Mon's track record was way different to cooper's.

Mon looked to get at and attack when we could. Cooper is just defend defend oh maybe we could attack. That's enough lads stop now. Doing exactly what he did at florest.

1 minute ago, sylofox said:

Mon's track record was way different to cooper's.

Mon looked to get at and attack when we could. Cooper is just defend defend oh maybe we could attack. That's enough lads stop now. Doing exactly what he did at florest.

Didn't we ironically sing boring boring Leicester under O'Neill because that's what people called us? 😂

Cooper's track record is a world cup at youth level and has a promotion to the Premier League. 

Some of you are way too dismissive of him. Not saying he's going to be anywhere near as good as O'Neill but he could be. But as we seen under Rodgers, what the fans think has absolutely no baring on what the club do anyway. So it doesn't matter that much.