Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Steve Cooper - New Manager

People referencing Martin. Martin took over a side playing a particular way which was evidently different to his style. He bought in players to play his style. Those players, when together hit the streak. His intial start to his time here was to get players who were not suited to his style to play it. Guys like Corica and I would argue Taylor were missing dad Mark. Izzet and Lennon came in, alongside Watts and Claridge and we kicked on. 

Cooper has acquired his players - he is implementing his style - I dont like his style so far. I am not Cooper out but if we go into Saturdays game with the same mentality and the painfully obvious issues remain, the patience will wear thin. 

• Like 1

I’ve just been watching Steve Coopers pre Everton press update.

It became quickly apparent to me the amount of times he says ‘Erm’

its practically in every sentence and sometimes there are two to three

on the trot. It’s very distracting to listen to and detracts from the context of his update.

Unfortunately it wound me up so much, after five minutes I’d had enough.

He doesn’t seem very relaxed or confident when talking to the Media which

he must have done hundreds of times. And he really needs to alter his tone

because it becomes a bit of a drone to listen to.

Sharpen up Steve if you want people to listen to what you have to say………

6 hours ago, Bunchy the cat said:

This is exactly what I was thinking as listening to the latest big strong Leicester boys pod.

For years reading this forum Rik flair has in my opinion posted the most sense and has been very entertaining at the same time, but on this occasion seems to have lost the plot.

I understand lots of fans didn’t want cooper in the first place and I believe their bias is clouding their judgment. Because asking for him to get sacked after 4 games, (the 3 I’ve watched we have been more than competitive in apart from the first half v spurs) seems totally irrational, as it transpired that night calling for O’Neil to go also was.

I don’t understand what people want, do we think we should be competing for European football? This team and manager is the closest thing to watching O’Neils teams of the past. I’m exhilarated watching our games now. Rik pretty much admitted to that in the latest pod but still then repeated about getting rid ASAP. Don’t get it

I quite possibly have lost the plot, but not quite sure I ever had it in the first place pal 😂

I take your comments on board, I don't disagree that I'm being unreasonable but I'm also explicitly clear on why I don't want him as our manager. Some people will be dumbfounded by my views because many don't care about anything but the result. I'm the opposite, whilst I want us to be successful and win games and have enjoyed the incredible periods we've had, I need a few non negotiables from my manager and club in their vision.

Basically everything Cooper doesn't do. My manager would hold academy development and youth development as their number one principle above all, even at the risk of short term success. I want bravery for the cause, I've got absolutely no interest in the myth that is Premier League experience. I've also got no interest in being in the Premier League for the sake of it. I want to be there with a long term plan that we're there and stay there through executing it, not desperately trying to cling on to it by putting together a team of grafters. So whilst I'm perturbed we're likely to go down under Cooper, it's not the going down that panicks me, more being irked we're going to facilitate it with such a manager should it happen.

Whilst I have no set style of football that I like, it's the risk taking, positivity and attacking intensity that I favour. So whilst you're absolutely right I've said there's parts of the games we've played this season that have captivated me, it's tarnished if we're setting up with the majority of our creative players on the bench or in the stands.

I view managers as short term solutions to a long term club vision. I believe most managers ought to evoke a strong start as their fresh ideas and man management skills motivate and inspire the players. However I've seen what a short shelf life managers methods have with players and that's why I'm far more inclined to want change than most. I get that's extremely whacky but there's less and less examples of managers starting badly and becoming a success at a club and you have to therefore ask, what's the point of persisting with someone who's ill fitting and not getting the team to perform in what should be the honeymoon period.

I don't care where my managers come from, I don't care if he's good looking, if he's funny, if he can speak well. 

I just want someone who is dedicated at developing young players, which you find plenty of managers do in other leagues in Europe. I don't see why we have to be a sheep and follow the majority of the Premier League. It bores the shit out of me, as does a lot of the modern ways of football.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

Didn't we ironically sing boring boring Leicester under O'Neill because that's what people called us? 😂

Cooper's track record is a world cup at youth level and has a promotion to the Premier League. 

Some of you are way too dismissive of him. Not saying he's going to be anywhere near as good as O'Neill but he could be. But as we seen under Rodgers, what the fans think has absolutely no baring on what the club do anyway. So it doesn't matter that much. 

drunk

14 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

The goal in question at Palace just seems like corruption and no accountability from the league.

It also very clearly shows a media bias. It’s a very blatant mistake that’s cost a team a win and I’ve seen nothing of it anywhere.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, VLC86 said:

It also very clearly shows a media bias. It’s a very blatant mistake that’s cost a team a win and I’ve seen nothing of it anywhere.

For sure.

If it happened to Liverpool or Man Utd, the BBC Football website and Sky Sports would've been all over it..

Hopefully this injustice will mean fuel for the players to get a good result on Saturday.

Edited by Wymsey
  • Like 1

Is it just me or is the elephant in the room in that conference people treading around the Premier League trying to deduct us points through doing us over on VAR after losing their court battle. Cooper wants to get it out there so it doesn't happen again and become a pattern.

Massive conspiracy that but there was a lot of talk about it and he was acting a bit shifty and being very careful with his words in my opinion.

Edited by Collymore

Smacks of desperation imo even this early in the season to criticise the officials after last week. Do the players really want to hear this from a manager going back to last week’s game?  instead of looking forward to the games coming up and doing something to prove the doubter’s wrong. The more I hear from Cooper the less I feel confident about staying up. 

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I quite possibly have lost the plot, but not quite sure I ever had it in the first place pal 😂

I take your comments on board, I don't disagree that I'm being unreasonable but I'm also explicitly clear on why I don't want him as our manager. Some people will be dumbfounded by my views because many don't care about anything but the result. I'm the opposite, whilst I want us to be successful and win games and have enjoyed the incredible periods we've had, I need a few non negotiables from my manager and club in their vision.

Basically everything Cooper doesn't do. My manager would hold academy development and youth development as their number one principle above all, even at the risk of short term success. I want bravery for the cause, I've got absolutely no interest in the myth that is Premier League experience. I've also got no interest in being in the Premier League for the sake of it. I want to be there with a long term plan that we're there and stay there through executing it, not desperately trying to cling on to it by putting together a team of grafters. So whilst I'm perturbed we're likely to go down under Cooper, it's not the going down that panicks me, more being irked we're going to facilitate it with such a manager should it happen.

Whilst I have no set style of football that I like, it's the risk taking, positivity and attacking intensity that I favour. So whilst you're absolutely right I've said there's parts of the games we've played this season that have captivated me, it's tarnished if we're setting up with the majority of our creative players on the bench or in the stands.

I view managers as short term solutions to a long term club vision. I believe most managers ought to evoke a strong start as their fresh ideas and man management skills motivate and inspire the players. However I've seen what a short shelf life managers methods have with players and that's why I'm far more inclined to want change than most. I get that's extremely whacky but there's less and less examples of managers starting badly and becoming a success at a club and you have to therefore ask, what's the point of persisting with someone who's ill fitting and not getting the team to perform in what should be the honeymoon period.

I don't care where my managers come from, I don't care if he's good looking, if he's funny, if he can speak well. 

I just want someone who is dedicated at developing young players, which you find plenty of managers do in other leagues in Europe. I don't see why we have to be a sheep and follow the majority of the Premier League. It bores the shit out of me, as does a lot of the modern ways of football.

Appreciate the reply to my post Rik.

If I’m honest I’m not a massive stat man. I couldn’t tell you much about anything that goes on in leagues outside of England, managers or players, judging by your posts you have knowledge of what might be available and maybe there is better out there.

I can only give an opinion on what I see from how we’re playing under cooper and I like it. We haven’t been amazing but we’ve been a lot better than I thought we would be.

Similar to yourself I’m not totally obsessed with getting wins, last year I saw us win a lot of games, some of them very uninspiring due to our style of play. The loss against villa and the draw against palace I saw a team of players motivated and giving it a real go, surely the manager deserves some credit for this? To me that’s inspiring and I’m excited about what this season may now bring rather than initially thinking it would be a car crash.

I, like you am in no way desperate to stay in the premier league. In fact I think I may despise what it has become. It’s ceased being a credible league that rewards sporting  endeavour and is now a money making machine that may well be close to completely orchestrated. But that’s why I feel we’re a little bit like we were under O’Neil. We’re the fly in the ointment, here to f@@k up the party and I would just love to keep pissing them off