Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Steve Cooper - New Manager

The stuff about offside and VAR is pathetic from Cooper. Reeks of Forest behaviour.

By all means say VAR is shit and needs scrapping; but complaining about this decision for a week now is just so small time and previously beneath us as a club.

Really loathe the fact he is our manager. Just a constant reminder of how crap a club we currently are

• Sad 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, eblair said:

The stuff about offside and VAR is pathetic from Cooper. Reeks of Forest behaviour.

By all means say VAR is shit and needs scrapping; but complaining about this decision for a week now is just so small time and previously beneath us as a club.

Really loathe the fact he is our manager. Just a constant reminder of how crap a club we currently are

He was asked a question and answered it. If he didn't say anything you would be asking why our manager isn't bringing it up.

Pep and his Manchester City team moan about everything. Time after time. But I'm pretty sure they're not small time.

• Like 2

We've just had multi millionaire Rodri complaining about 2 extra games of football that he gets paid for.

Cooper pointing out that we were very, very wrongly the victims of an incorrect goal decision - which led to dropped points - is fine.

Maybe this weekend's ref will think about it

• Like 4

Cooper's comments are fine in isolation, or carefully chosen at certain times. Don't forget we had a manager in Rodgers who would be so passive at times and as a result our team was soft.

I don't mind this to a point and it is laughable how little has been said in the media of the decision. If that happens this weekend for Arsenal or Man City and the game ends a draw there'd be bodies.

But and this is a big but, I've a feeling this is what Cooper does most times there's a contentious decision against his teams. If so, it's going to lose credibility in my opinion. There's a balance to find, but it's very difficult for a manager not to talk about this stuff. I'd be a nightmare 😂😂😂

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Rupert Von Suckalemon said:

I’ve just been watching Steve Coopers pre Everton press update.

It became quickly apparent to me the amount of times he says ‘Erm’

its practically in every sentence and sometimes there are two to three

on the trot. It’s very distracting to listen to and detracts from the context of his update.

Unfortunately it wound me up so much, after five minutes I’d had enough.

He doesn’t seem very relaxed or confident when talking to the Media which

he must have done hundreds of times. And he really needs to alter his tone

because it becomes a bit of a drone to listen to.

Sharpen up Steve if you want people to listen to what you have to say………

Erm, is this erm, another thing erm the guy does erm wrong for some fans? It'll be his, erm, socks next. 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd

2 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

This guy kept a team up, did Rooney? That’s a stat I can get behind.

Yes but I thought we weren't taking into account previous records because they weren't here so it's not the same.

Yes I am being purposely difficult to prove a point. I dont completely agree as I think you do have to take previous records into account but I do see the point of giving him a little bit more time here

1 hour ago, suffolk fox said:

It really was blatantly offside.  I was in the Palace end with a Palace supporting mate I was level with the edge of the penalty area from my view Matetta was well forward of the last defenders when the ball was crossed even before the cross was made.  Even my Palace supporting mate said it was offside, all. were amazed and delighted when the goal was given.

Cooper in that press conference gave the answers to questions that were given.  As any manager would.  Some people really do have an agenda against him.

Well that's it, because you're focusing on the 2 defenders he's near, nobody would have factored in Justin. Especially in real time. So as nice as that is, none of you would have taken Justin into account.

8 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

Yes but I thought we weren't taking into account previous records because they weren't here so it's not the same.

Yes I am being purposely difficult to prove a point. I dont completely agree as I think you do have to take previous records into account but I do see the point of giving him a little bit more time here

Would tend to agree, I tend to consider circumstance (not all players in yet, not trained enough together yes, tough teams to start, etc) but the lifetimes of those reasons (excuses?) are nearly at a end, the next few games need to see points gathered, as we cannot keep kicking this down the line.

(This thread, and not for the first time, feels like a contemporary version of Aesops fable, the boy who cried sack-him-now wolf, as he done ok so far, but now we must see better)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Would tend to agree, I tend to consider circumstance (not all players in yet, not trained enough together yes, tough teams to start, etc) but the lifetimes of those reasons (excuses?) are nearly at a end, the next few games need to see points gathered, as we cannot keep kicking this down the line.

(This thread, and not for the first time, feels like a contemporary version of Aesops fable, the boy who cried sack-him-now wolf, as he done ok so far, but now we must see better)

He has done OK so far and he does need to put points on the table. Cooper is a little belligerent with the press, comes across as a tad mardy and outspoken but there's nowt in football for good losers. Like him or not the next 6 games will show us what kind of manager he really is and he knows that too.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

We've just had multi millionaire Rodri complaining about 2 extra games of football that he gets paid for.

Cooper pointing out that we were very, very wrongly the victims of an incorrect goal decision - which led to dropped points - is fine.

Maybe this weekend's ref will think about it

This is why I think Cooper's attack on the PL yesterday was probably planned. I suspect the club is worried that the general ill-feeling towards out there because of the PSR thing may seep into matches via the officials - not because of a sinister plot, but simply because everybody is affected by unconscious bias and match officials are no exception. We want to make the officials understand that if they make very poor decisions against us, we'll hold them to account. I don't think this will lead to them giving dubious decisions in our favour, but it might slightly reduce the chances of them giving terrible decisions against us. The difference will be marginal, but marginal differences can sometimes be decisive. 

As Ric says, you need to strike a balance - if you moan about everything, very soon nobody will listen. But occasionally reminding referees that we're no pushovers may make them think a little more carefully before making a terrible call against us.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

We may as well not look at the record of any manager before hiring them if we are going to think like that.

Extreme example but let's hire Rooney because his previous jobs haven't been here so you can't take any of them into account

But that's nonsense, you take the WHOLE into account not one small period. And the whole was him getting them up from the depths of the championship, keeping them up and not being in the bottom three even when sacked. 

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

But that's nonsense, you take the WHOLE into account not one small period. And the whole was him getting them up from the depths of the championship, keeping them up and not being in the bottom three even when sacked. 

The person I was originally responding too said not to take any of it into account and that's why I responded I said it was extreme I know it was nonsense I was making a point

I'm 100% here for Cooper's comments on VAR and referees.

We've been nicely nicely Leicester for too long in my opinion (Play like that and we'll be absolutely fine, someone once said). I want the fight back in my team, I want "game management", I want hard tackles. If we are to be relegated this season, I don't want it to be easy for the opposition. 

Cooper's comments weren't really for the players, he'll be giving his instructions in the training ground. Those comments were for us the fans, and for the Premier League. The referees in this division are shite, and we can make King Power a horrible place for a referee to come.

The referees in this division are incredibly easily influenced, and if a raucous King Power intimidates them into a decision in our favour I'm taking it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Need to mitigate in how appalling Sheffield Utd, Luton and Burnley were and his run of form that got him sacked when assessing last season. 

After 17 games, those 3 were all on 8 points and Forest on 14. They actually started the season quite well but then nose dived. 

I do think that end to his time there is still effecting him, he and we desperately need a win and things may well kick on.

4 minutes ago, aklaxon said:

I'm 100% here for Cooper's comments on VAR and referees.

We've been nicely nicely Leicester for too long in my opinion (Play like that and we'll be absolutely fine, someone once said). I want the fight back in my team, I want "game management", I want hard tackles. If we are to be relegated this season, I don't want it to be easy for the opposition. 

Cooper's comments weren't really for the players, he'll be giving his instructions in the training ground. Those comments were for us the fans, and for the Premier League. The referees in this division are shite, and we can make King Power a horrible place for a referee to come.

The referees in this division are incredibly easily influenced, and if a raucous King Power intimidates them into a decision in our favour I'm taking it.

True, but if his seething sense of injustice helps to create a siege mentality in the dressing room, it will only help us. If we smash Everton tomorrow, Cooper's press conference on Thursday may be regarded as a masterclass in motivational management. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Need to mitigate in how appalling Sheffield Utd, Luton and Burnley were and his run of form that got him sacked when assessing last season. 

After 17 games, those 3 were all on 8 points and Forest on 14. They actually started the season quite well but then nose dived. 

I do think that end to his time there is still effecting him, he and we desperately need a win and things may well kick on.

Like clockwork you are Ric :D 

Mon-Tue - Livid at the gaffer and let everyone know

Wed-Thur - Still annoyed but clearly battling with yourself to see positives

Fri - Feeling optimistic and giving positive vibes
Sat/Sun- 1 hour before kick off - Livid again :D 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, eblair said:

Your just scraping at reasons to dislike him now, that's more pathetic.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Like clockwork you are Ric :D 

Mon-Tue - Livid at the gaffer and let everyone know

Wed-Thur - Still annoyed but clearly battling with yourself to see positives

Fri - Feeling optimistic and giving positive vibes
Sat/Sun- 1 hour before kick off - Livid again :D 

I'm like a young Craig David 😂

• Haha 2