Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Steve Cooper - New Manager

14 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

This is the second or third time he's said we were nowhere near it in a half. Hugely worrying 

The thing is, fair enough to accept responsibility, but he doesn't know what to do to change it. 

The board have ****ed it big time, again.

• Like 1

The concerning thing for me is that I have actually been quite impressed with the effort and attitude shown by the majority of the players. But if we continue to underperform largely due in my view to odd team selections and tactics that confidence  and willingness will drop. If and when that happens then all hope for the season will be gone. Surely he has studied videos of players in the last few seasons. What works and what hasn’t. Keeping some talented players on the sidelines reminds me of the worst aspects of Roger’s. The board need to thrash it out with Cooper tomorrow as to what is going on and what is he thinking. I don’t think we are that far off making it work but issues need to be addressed now. Come on Steve sort it out. 

• Like 1

Without delving into tactics, it all feels so disjointed. Very little of what we do seems to amount to anything and its very difficult to watch. Players on the whole don't look happy. Lots of arm flapping and bickering when moves amount to nothing. 

Its not a happy camp although i do feel the players are putting a shift in, just not entirely how they would like to. 

At the start found his interviews alright, but now they really frustrate me.  Just coming across very insincere an waffling around subjects. Taking Mavi off because he had 'run his race' on 90 minutes and then repeating the statement many times in the interview - just strange.

Really don't know where we go from here. Its like at work when you realise 2 months in that you picked the wrong candidate for a job who may have appeared more qualified than he was. Only here there is no probationary period. But the fact is we are hard to beat and the points from these draws do add up.  

Edited by Chelmofox
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Corky said:

Honest in interviews, underwhelming on the pitch. As I expected.

I dont think he is honest.

If he came out and said.

I'm very lucky to have a job in the premier league because I'm no where near that level I did brilliant at under 17s because the talent that was coming through are lighting up the world stage now.

I'm not sure what tactics are however I like to defend until we are a goal down and I will make substitutions between the 75th and 90th minute. However the subs I make will put the players playing int he wrong positions. I also take off players that are playing to positive.

I still don't know my best team and for the forseeable future I will continue to leave some of the best players at the club on the bench however 1 or 2 of them may get 3 mins of a game here and there.

The only thing he says that is honest ever interview is that the club is in the premier league.

Well not for long under this ****.

18 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

The big question is why do we only look good in the second half of games? Are the players just in really good shape or is there some sudden tactical change I’m not noticing? 

Two differences. Players using their own intelligence and other teams dropping twenty yards deeper to preserve their leads