Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Steve Cooper - New Manager

Just now, Winstonthedog said:

Are we anywhere near the bottom of the barrel yet .... ???? 

We're close enough to see what's down there

From here I can see OGS, Chris Wilder, Steve Bruce and Lampard swimming in the dregs below us, oh and Jese Marsch 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, iancognito said:

You can deny it.

Did well with England youth and got a piss poor Forest side up when they'd been abysmal for 23 years. Keeping them up with a basket case owner buying random players (something Potter struggled with) was arguably an even bigger achievement.

You can’t really compare Tony Blooms infrastructure for scouting with Stavros at Forest 

1 hour ago, RumbleFox said:

This thread 😂. Welcome Steve, good luck. Some of us do actually want to see you and the team do well. 

I think the majority want the lads and Cooper to do well, I know I certainly do but I can still be unhappy with the clubs decision making. 

Once again we’ve been sold an idea of possession based football, an identity that we brought into, unfortunately Cooper is not that. His formations go against our strength In players and he’s not a possession based manager. 

You may think I’m obsessed with having a possession based manager but it’s not that, it’s the fact all of our transfer recruits have now been identified to fit a certain style of play that Cooper is not known for, likely resulting in poor recruitment once again.

1 hour ago, foxfanazer said:

The people saying it's embarrassing being negative about this appointment are the same ones that blindly backed Rodgers til the bitter end. If happy clapping failure is your idea of being a good fan then crack on but don't expect everyone to lap up whatever shit the club serves us

Some fans will have been negative whoever came in. And the ones annoying me are those who are mardy because it's not Potter. Boohoo, move on.

Hoping Cooper does enough to get a few eating humble pie, especially the moronic relegation comments.

• Like 3

I think it's the best we could've hoped for. We're still got issues with FFP so can't spend money, and we'll get a hefty points deduction.  Personally I think we're more likely to stay in the PL with Cooper then Enzo. He'll have a simple game plan all the players can play.

1 minute ago, iancognito said:

Some fans will have been negative whoever came in. And the ones annoying me are those who are mardy because it's not Potter. Boohoo, move on.

Hoping Cooper does enough to get a few eating humble pie, especially the moronic relegation comments.

As I said...crack on

43 minutes ago, scinnell said:

He is here now. No point moaning about it. Not my preffered choice, but any Leicester manager gets my backing. 

No point in moaning?  Get off the board, you don’t belong here. FFS. 

So we’ve appointed a Bob-a-job championship manager from the carousel.

Feels very underwhelming, with the left field appointments the club had previously managed to find, getting Steve from just down the road is uninspiring.

Goes against our playing philosophy as well.

I guess nobody better wanted to come join us, and we are now officially back to being a yo-yo club after a decade of progress.

Ultimately, I blame Rodgers for all this.

• Like 3

Just now, jim5000 said:

So we’ve appointed a Bob-a-job championship manager from the carousel.

Feels very underwhelming, with the left field appointments the club had previously managed to find, getting Steve from just down the road is uninspiring.

Goes against our playing philosophy as well.

I guess nobody better wanted to come join us, and we are now officially back to being a yo-yo club after a decade of progress.

Ultimately, I blame Rodgers for all this.

Not Top?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

Hopefully his back room staff will be announced soon and hopefully there’s a good upcoming coach in there too! 

Possibly still negotiating with Forest for Steve Rands and a few others.

Likely/realistic coaching staff will be:

Alan Tate - assistant manager 

Danny Alcock -Goalkeeping coach

Dave Tivey -fitness/sports science

Mike Marsh -may join the set up as assistant or coach

Dave Watson -may also join as goalkeeping coach.

Steve Rands - analyst 

18 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Yeah, that was different - Hoddle hand picked him for the England under 21’s and he had had a reasonable top flight career.

Plus Taylor never had club managerial experience higher than Gillingham when he joined us - with all due respect to them.

Cooper’s clearly a good coach, he’s made clubs better than when he joined them - and Glover is clearly not bad at recruitment - so I sense as a pairing they could do well for the club.

Well I hope you are correct. Hope there is some exciting recruitment as I am finding it very difficult to get enthusiastic about watching us next season at present. 

4 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Not Top?

No, Rodgers threw his toys out the pram and got us relegated when we should have been top 10 easily. The relegation has set us back 10 years.

Perhaps Top should have fired him sooner, but I don’t think anybody saw Rodger’s complete lack of professionalism when he decided to lose every match on purpose because he wasn’t backed in the transfer market.

1 minute ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Likely/realistic coaching staff will be:

Alan Tate - assistant manager 

Danny Alcock -Goalkeeping coach

Dave Tivey -fitness/sports science

Mike Marsh -may join the set up as assistant or coach

Dave Watson -may also join as goalkeeping coach.

Steve Rands - analyst 

Is he the bloke who's always on Ben Foster's podcast?

Just now, foxfanazer said:

Is he the bloke who's always on Ben Foster's podcast?

Possibly I don’t listen to that one.

They know eachother from the England set up and he’s a free agent.

Could also see him appointing someone like Ray Lewington for exp.

• Like 1