Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Steve Cooper - New Manager

Well it's not exactly box office, but box office is arguably not what we need this season. I think the people on here making out he's some kind of route one, ultra defensive footballing dinosaur are being ridiculous though, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by how we set up.

When I look at some of the alternatives who are out there - Parker, Lampard, OGS - it could have been a LOT worse.

I'll give him a fair crack of the whip - supporters seem to take to him wherever he goes, so let's hope that continues here.

• Like 4

Copy and paste of what I said last night:

The appointment doesn't excite me but i'm not against him, I guess you could say i'm sitting on the fence.

I'm not a stat man, they are often used to force arguments and alot are mainly useless, that said, his stats to look quite damning.

I'm pleased we didn't get Potter, his football doesn't enthrall me, his teams don't score and i've seen laughable quotes from the past which would quite simply infuriate me if he came out with it here. Add to that the rumours i've heard about him engineering an exit clause before he's even started, it's a no thanks from me - Managers/Players who didn't want to be here are how we've ultimately ended up in the mess we're in.

I'm also buoyed he's not a pure out and out possession man - something we've wasted trying to be for the past 7 years, I think he can and will play possession football (It'll be by instruction) but can and will adapt to atleast try something different.

He's not my first choice, far from it, and i'm not going to say it's going to work out, but he's ahead of Potter which is where I thought we were heading Tuesday night/Wednesday morning.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

I think the majority want the lads and Cooper to do well, I know I certainly do but I can still be unhappy with the clubs decision making. 

Once again we’ve been sold an idea of possession based football, an identity that we brought into, unfortunately Cooper is not that. His formations go against our strength In players and he’s not a possession based manager. 

You may think I’m obsessed with having a possession based manager but it’s not that, it’s the fact all of our transfer recruits have now been identified to fit a certain style of play that Cooper is not known for, likely resulting in poor recruitment once again.

Tbf I wouldn’t have chosen him either 

• Like 1

Felt more infused about Dean Smith. Really underwhelmed and dreading what's coming next. When you see what Palace, Fulham, Brighton and even bloody Bournemouth have done, the arguments for Coopers PL forest performances are really weak.

The good news is that if it goes 'ok' i will be delighted.

But feel this sets a marker for a new era which puts us in our place. I doubt we fire the guy because i would imagine the negotiations included what happens if relegated (it would have to because of points deductions). So if this is shit, its going to be shit for a long time.

dreadful appointment of a bloke who has a total of 6 good months in his entire career, and even that would have ended with nothing if not for Jon Moss's utter incompetence. but, the last two managers have both called out the shit show behind the scenes while this gimp had nothing to say on Forests mentalist owner. an appointment of a yes man for Rudkin, get Wrexham in your satnavs for 25/26.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TaggertvsWise said:

This is neither erroneous or disparaging. I am simply taking you to task on a lazy comment designed to undermine the appointment and ambition of the club with zero attempt to qualify it hoping we all take it as credible on face value.

I do deny he is a failed manager. He is still young and learning & evolving. My evidence: He had outstanding success with England youngsters winning the U17 World Cup, got Swansea to a playoff final, worked miracles lifting Forest from relegation candidates to promotion and survival amongst huge transition.

I believe with everything that is stacked against us next season, yes he is the best we can do with the temperament, humility and requisite experience and skill set to get the best out of our players and guide them to safety which is our ultimate aim.

Certainly a better option than Potter - at least he wants to be here for starters. 

Well, we're all entitled to an opinion whether you agree with it or not.

Maybe I'm the outlier here, but I'm excited to see what Cooperman brings. Maresca was never going to work out for us in the Prem (and vice versa), but we got £8 mill or whatever instead of sacking him at Christmas. Maybe he can reintegrate Soumare/Kristiansen/Souttar back into the squad and bring Alves/Braybrooke/Nelson through! A few new faces if we're lucky.  Come on, I'm feeling the spirit of '15/'16! Let yourselves feel it too! 😜

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

dreadful appointment of a bloke who has a total of 6 good months in his entire career, and even that would have ended with nothing if not for Jon Moss's utter incompetence. but, the last two managers have both called out the shit show behind the scenes while this gimp had nothing to say on Forests mentalist owner. an appointment of a yes man for Rudkin, get Wrexham in your satnavs for 25/26.

I’m not enthused but saying he’s only had 6 good months is wrong on so many levels. 

• Like 1

I’ve had enough of styles of football. We have to punch, kick and claw our way to survival and get there by any means necessary. If Cooper’s up for that fight, then I’m more than happy to give him my support. 

• Like 1