Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Steve Cooper - New Manager

1 minute ago, whoareyaaa said:

Like I said yesterday some fans would be happy if we employed a dog.

And others wouldn't be impressed if we employed Klopp.

edit It also depends which dog.

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

To be fair if this works out, then you simply have to give the club credit. because to go with such an unpopular choice is a bold move. They either know what they are doing and have been impressed in the interviews or they’ve simply lost interest and have gone for the easiest, cheapest deal to do ,with someone they’ve heard of. My guess is the latter but hope to hold my hands up at the end of the season. 

the wolves move from lopetegu to o’neil would have felt similar to this and that worked out very well. 

17 minutes ago, Gloria said:

Maybe I'm the outlier here, but I'm excited to see what Cooperman brings. Maresca was never going to work out for us in the Prem (and vice versa), but we got £8 mill or whatever instead of sacking him at Christmas. Maybe he can reintegrate Soumare/Kristiansen/Souttar back into the squad and bring Alves/Braybrooke/Nelson through! A few new faces if we're lucky.  Come on, I'm feeling the spirit of '15/'16! Let yourselves feel it too! 😜

I dispute this but the reality is we will never know - i just dislike it being presented as fact these days.  The Bournemouth game as well as our performances against Norwich, WBA and Southampton showed me the tactics also could work when not playing low block sides. 

I think the plus point now is that 17th with Enzo would have been seen by our fans as proof his system didn't work, where 17th under Cooper would be seen as the master pragmatist sh1thousing safety. Almost masterful that expectations have been shifted so much with this appointment. 

To your other point about Soumare, Cooper almost played with no midfield at times. Dont see how Soumare fits his system, assuming Cooper doesnt try and reinvent himself as a possession manager all of a sudden.

Edited by Chelmofox
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, dnewty said:

IMG_8489.thumb.png.4168b4c06309da96f761608f7f06e7e5.png

He’s the sort of guy to attach himself or Enzo to anything. Belongs on Facebook with the mum mafia

The “Sad to see the fire in Belgium, I once ate a chocolate” type 

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

dreadful appointment of a bloke who has a total of 6 good months in his entire career, and even that would have ended with nothing if not for Jon Moss's utter incompetence. but, the last two managers have both called out the shit show behind the scenes while this gimp had nothing to say on Forests mentalist owner. an appointment of a yes man for Rudkin, get Wrexham in your satnavs for 25/26.

Do these 6 months not include getting Swansea to the play offs twice? A position they have not been since nor were before he took over.

He did a decent job there and a good job at Forest, the only two clubs he's ever managed.

To write him off with only "6 good months" is wrong.

14 minutes ago, dnewty said:

IMG_8489.thumb.png.4168b4c06309da96f761608f7f06e7e5.png

I thought the plus point about losing Enzo was this **** left as well. Why does he still care. Just go!!!

I feel like im quite a rational person, but ****ing hate this guy.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, kyleolly said:

This is why they played just can’t get enough at the end of home games towards the end of last season 🎶Stevie Cooper, can’t wait for some celebration fist pumps towards union ffs

Petition to change the name :ph34r:

There's a real inability here to appreciate our current place in the pyramid. Any chance we had of staying near the top and appointing a quality manager we could all be excited about ended with the clubs refusal to ditch Rodgers after that abysmal start 2 years ago. We're now stuck back where we've been for most of the rest of our existence having to take a punt and hoping for the best. I'm not ecstatic about appointing Cooper but there is absolutely no real evidence that corberan, who many including myself would have preferred, would be any better. As I've said in other threads we're finishing 16th at absolute best this season no matter who's in charge and Cooper, assuming hes pragmatic, gives us a slightly better chance than trash like Fat Frank/Ole or all-out possession merchants like potter/maresca.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, whoareyaaa said:

Like I said yesterday some fans would be happy if we employed a dog.

You are ignoring the bit where he said he's always done a decent job! And the fact that most of the arguments against him have been about how ugly he is, or that he once worked for Forest (ah-hem, Martin O'Neill, Wes Morgan...) which means that countering it with 'well, he doesn't seem a bad chap' is perfectly valid.

The question for people who are unhappy, or saying 'is this the best we could do?' is: Who, that might realistically have been interested in the job, has a better-suited record than Cooper? I think if we engage in that argument, those who feel Cooper deserves a fair chance are on the steadier ground.

• Like 1

My main issue, yet again, is the frankly embarrassingly amateur way our board has overseen this whole saga.

- They start off with aggy remarks about Maresca as he left, ok fine - it's annoying, but be professional ffs.

- They talk to Cooper early on, it's clear he wants it - a fair few sources confirmed that we were in talks a few weeks ago.

- They then spend about 2 weeks seemingly going 'ok, well Cooper's a good backup option, now let's see who else there is'

- They publicly court Potter and get made to look like fools yet again.

- They then try and backtrack and claim that Cooper was 'always the standout candidate for the role' (well why spend weeks talking to other people if you were always going to give it to Cooper?) - do they genuinely take the fans for idiots?

- The whole thing ends with the fanbase mystified and disillusioned as to what's going on, Cooper comes in knowing that despite what the board says, they clearly would have gone with Potter if they could have gotten him - which must really make him feel wanted and valued - and the whole thing has become a circus.

NONE OF THIS NEEDED TO HAPPEN. Absolute amateurs - it's an embarrassingly shit way to conduct any kind of business, not just running a football club.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

I dispute this but the reality is we will never know - i just dislike it being presented as fact these days.  The Bournemouth game as well as our performances against Norwich, WBA and Southampton showed me the tactics also could work when not playing low block sides. 

I think the plus point now is that 17th with Enzo would have been seen by our fans as proof his system didn't work, where 17th under Cooper would be seen as the master pragmatist sh1thousing safety. Almost masterful that expectations have been shifted so much with this appointment. 

To your other point about Soumare, Cooper almost played with no midfield at times. Dont see how Soumare fits his system, assuming Cooper doesnt try and reinvent himself as a possession manager all of a sudden.

Exacly amazing how the tables turn

So as none of us know what this season is going to bring.

We get 8pts deduction and finish 14th to 17th. Have a decent run qtr final in either or both cups.

Will those on here giving him absolute pelters before he's had his first cup of tea at the club come on here and admit they were wrong in May.

I'm guessing very few if any will. Most will claim it as a great appointment. Not saying I'm overly happy about it. But unlike Potter he seems like he wants to be here.

So I for one will support him for that. I don't think any other manager we've had has had the start he's going to have.

Just surviving is going to be an achievement.

• Like 1

Why do we think we deserve   a top  manager , we're  in this mess through  incompetence  and the people  that caused it are still here .People  were saying  on here get  Cooper in ,sack enzo during  our late season blip. He's  not my choice  but then who is , at least he wants the job so good luck to him, he'll   need it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, OntarioFox said:

To be fair the last time I remember this much negativity around a new appointment, it was when we got Claudio in. 

:claudio:

someone doesn't remember Claude Puel, the only enjoyment about that was that it pissed off the twat in the hat himself, George Galloway, for some inexplicable reason

• Haha 1

Glad we've got someone in and fair play to him wanting to take on a tough task.

3 years gives him enough time to build.  Has Premier League experience, international experience and experience in the Championship if we don't survive.

I know some fans aren't going to be happy, but let's be fair we not an overly attractive proposition at the moment.