Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Steve Cooper - New Manager

1 minute ago, The Bear said:

Reminds me a little of when we appointed Gary O'Neil, albeit he'd managed to keep Bournemouth up. He might surprise you, he might immediately send you straight back down. 

Not the most inspiring appointment going from Poundland Pep to a Forest reject...  but you have to give him a chance as there's nothing you can do about it now. 

What was the stroy with Graham Potter? Is he holding out for the England job or did he just want too much transfer money availble/put off by the potential points deductions? 

I read that TalkShite intimated a bit of that, and that it might be too much hassle whilst his big Chelsea cheque kept landing on his doormat every month 🤑

Get off to a bad start, and he'll get a handful games before the fans start to turn. 10 games in and we're rock bottom, and it could get Rodgers levels of toxic, very quickly. 

You'd like to think the club factored that into the selection process... Right? 

• Like 2

Just now, RoboFox said:

Get off to a bad start, and he'll get a handful games before the fans start to turn. 10 games in and we're rock bottom, and it could get Rodgers levels of toxic, very quickly. 

I doubt it.

2 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Well, how could they? They wouldn't have got Cooper in if they thought he was going to fail? Expectations are going to have to be managed from all angles.

3 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Has it been changed since you wrote this? It doesn't mention King Power in the statement at all.

"I am very proud to be joining a club with a rich history, and I want first of all to thank Khun Top for the opportunity to manage Leicester City."

3 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Has it been changed since you wrote this? It doesn't mention King Power in the statement at all.

Looks like an edit. The version on the app still has the original opening paragraph.

11 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

He will still be within his 3 months probation. Can send him packing and get a refund from the agency.

10 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

25 points from the first 10 games the wishy washy Leicester fans will have changed their tune and Cooper will be the new messiah 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Wel likely be starting around 6 points behind everyone else. I'd be mildly impressed if we aren't bottom 10 games in, amazed if we weren't bottom 3. No manager we could have had instead would likely have us in a good position 10 games in.

You’d hope the club now create some sort of contingency plan for when Cooper leaves. Hopefully things will go well and it won’t happen for a while but we’ve seen with Enzo and Brendan at least, how unprepared we are.

Those two games with no manager after they pulled the plug on Brendan killed us off completely. We should’ve had someone to come in at that stage without doubt. 

Hoping Stevie C keeps us up and beyond.

Up the City

12 minutes ago, RyCleary said:

On the podcast just now mentioned Corberan not an option due to £4m. My god we’re ****ed

I hear this 'we're fvcked' / 'we're skint'. People do realise that KP do have money to spend, lots and lots of it, in fact, it's just that FFP rules mean that we can't spend anything until after the financial year changes on 1st of July, right? - So it is quite understandable tbh

• Like 3

Good luck to him. I think he’s underrated and Potter was overrated.

Obviously the target is simply to stay up and avoid future points deductions. Hopefully he’ll be given enough of a budget to do that.  

it’ll be unrealistic expectations by our fans if anything that will bring the negativity.

i’ll give him top marks for bants if he turns up to his first training session in his old forest head coach garb.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Molson Canadian said:

No

Yes; on that scenario the blame should fall on those above him running the club because but for them, he would have achieved his main objective.  You’d like to think that in that situation Top would finally give Rudkin the boot, if only because he’d want to make him a scapegoat rather than taking any personal responsibility for continuing to pi55 his Dad’s legacy up the wall.

Edited by doubledeckerderek
Typo

I would like to know which other potential managers applied/contacted and got an interview.

We have a world class training ground and facilities setup. You would think we would get some noteworthy applicants based on that alone. 

Anyways I will back him and hope he does well 😁

Also why was there no photoshoot style introduction? That makes me think of a funny moment for me I remember when we signed Claudio and saw this picture and thought my gosh the old boy already needed a rest so they got him a chair to finish the photoshoot. 

2047E5DF-787A-4AAC-BFA3-E23B50760173.jpeg.3c367bda8dc192d081cea7cefd36c39f.jpeg

53 minutes ago, TaggertvsWise said:

It just helps to be taken seriously when such a forthright opinion can be backed up with reason and context. 

Whether you take me seriously or not matters not a jot.

I stand by my original post on this subject and only time will tell whether this is an ambitious appointment or not and not what you think about what I said.

1 minute ago, doubledeckerderek said:

Yes; on that scenario the blame should fall on those above him running the club because but for them, he would have achieved his main objective.  You’d like to think that in that situation Top would finally give Rudkin the boot, if only because he’d want to make him a scapegoat rather than taking any personal responsibility for continuing to pi55 his Dad’s legacy up the wall.

Rudkin is going no where. It’s obvious as long as Top is around Rudkin will be here.

As for that scenario. Points deduction if it happens will be determined before the season starts. Manager and club will know what the target point total will be needed to stay up.