Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Steve Cooper - New Manager

31 minutes ago, RyCleary said:

On the podcast just now mentioned Corberan not an option due to £4m. My god we’re ****ed

That’s not strictly true. It’s more because it would have taken time, and the club wanted a swift appointment. They’ve got transfer business to finalise and can’t afford to be pissing around waiting, hence why they’ve decided to move for Cooper. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Burnley getting RVN makes this harder to swallow. I think we’d all have preferred a punt on someone with a higher ceiling. 

I don’t see the point in hiring someone for the scrap this year. We are too far up against it. I’d rather have seen this season as a building block for the future. Coopers stock is already low with us. If we go down he won’t have many foxes fans backing him to bring us back up, the momentum will be the wrong way. 

I think the best thing copper can do is focus on our young players and build the team around them. 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

That’s not strictly true. It’s more because it would have taken time, and the club wanted a swift appointment.

She's still on tour plus I don't think leicester cud afford her :(

31 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Burnley getting RVN makes this harder to swallow. I think we’d all have preferred a punt on someone with a higher ceiling. 

I don’t see the point in hiring someone for the scrap this year. We are too far up against it. I’d rather have seen this season as a building block for the future. Coopers stock is already low with us. If we go down he won’t have many foxes fans backing him to bring us back up the momentum will be the wrong way. 

I think the best thing copper can do is focus on our young players and build the team around them. 

Gutted if so. Think I’d rather have RVN to Potter 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

37 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I don’t see the point in hiring someone for the scrap this year. We are too far up against it. I’d rather have seen this season as a building block for the future. Coopers stock is already low with us. If we go down he won’t have many foxes fans backing him to bring us back up the momentum will be the wrong way. 

Well we'll now see who's right and who's wrong then ,it could be we've dodged  a bullet or massively cocked things up again .Time will tell.

Let’s be honest - if Potter had been a complete and utter no from the start, there wouldn’t be half as much negativity around the Cooper appointment as there is. We’re only frustrated because this time yesterday it was Potter and now it’s actually Cooper. 
But let’s just get behind him and stop making jokes about his face. The guy does have a decent reputation in the game. He’s just not got that je ne sais quoi that we all wanted after Enzo. 

Cooper, you weren’t my first choice. But so long as you try and you care for my club, I’ll back you! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Ha.

If you read his interviews he’s far more studious about the game than people are willing to give him credit for. 

From the influence of Pep Segura, to the embracing of analytics across all parts of the game.

I know people seem to want to paint him as a dinosaur in his 60’s. But he’s still young and done the hard yards in coaching and management. 

**** me.

Me and Babs are aligned in our thinking. The end is nigh! :D 

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Why does it make it harder to swallow?

Cooper was there number one choice and declined the role.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Scotch said:

There is absolutely nothing to suggest that RVN has a higher ceiling than Cooper. He's like 3/4 years older, has far less managerial experience and in his one and only year as a senior manager, he turned his squad against him. 

He’s a fancy foreigner Scotch

• Like 1

Wouldn't have been my choice but he's here now so let's get behind him. If he can keep us up, even 4th bottom on goals difference it'll have been a good appointment, because be in no doubt this is going to be a difficult season for this club regardless of whose in charge.