Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Steve Cooper - New Manager

4 minutes ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

Rohl will have been similar issues to Corberan with them whacking him on a nice new deal at the end of last season so they get a nice chunk of compo when someone eventually comes in for him.

Cannot imagine it would have been more than 2m at the most.

12 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

From this, wasn’t clear Potter wanted it and it was too complicated because of bringing his back room staff to the club. 

I'm at peace with Cooper as the new manager. If he has the self awareness and intelligence to learn from past mistakes and improve himself as a manager then the potential is there, particularly with regard bringing younger players through. 

However, the fact we wouldn't bring in Corberan for the sake of 2.5-4m release clause (depending what you read) is either just a load of old b0llocks or we really are deep in the mire.    

• Like 1

Appointment makes sense to me. Don’t think Potter was ever too keen on us even when he was linked last time. 
At least Cooper seems keen on taking the job and giving it a go.

With the mess of the finances we were never going to go and get a manager with a current club and pay to release him and all his backroom staff he’d want to come over.

Be interesting to see what happens with transfer activity now. I don’t think many incoming’s will happen unfortunately.

17 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

I would have preferred if we had take the gamble on someone like Arsenal’s assistant manager or even the manager of Sheffield Wednesday Danny Rohl.

We can do infinitely better than Cooper but anyway he’s our manager now and we have to back him.

But the sooner that the club is sold the better.

We are a poorly run club with upcoming points deduction(s). Our upper management screw ups have been well publicized & most people in the world of football would know that the club is a mess. I don't think there was a massive lineup of candidates.

For me... We were lucky to get Cooper.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

I'm at peace with Cooper as the new manager. If he has the self awareness and intelligence to learn from past mistakes and improve himself as a manager then the potential is there, particularly with regard bringing younger players through. 

However, the fact we wouldn't bring in Corberan for the sake of 2.5-4m release clause (depending what you read) is either just a load of old b0llocks or we really are deep in the mire.    

Yep, I expect this is likely media spin. The Scum recently made an article claiming sources at Leicester are quietly confident we won't need to sell players, they can't make their minds up. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Looking forward to having more than 1 shot and/or corner within the first 45 minutes tbf

Listen to players that have worked under him previously and they all say he makes you feel 10ft tall and ready to run through brick walls for each other…(Sounds a bit like O’Neil)

Yes Enzo was the long term idea, but short term for a season at least in a relegation battle I know who I’d back as manager to keep us up.

:nigel:

Probably would have preferred Corberan just not sure why, assume because he seems to have less baggage than Potter or Cooper.

Potter made sense from a continuity with Enzo in terms of style, but his reluctance seems apparent and that was discouraging.

Cooper I knew little about beyond reports on here (fool me once…..) but beyond statistical horror, reports of his past work seem encouraging.

Excited to see what he can do and what recruits he will be allowed.

:scarf:

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

Why does it make it harder to swallow?

Cooper was there number one choice and declined the role.

because RVN has a much higher ceiling on account of playing football that didn't go obsolete at the same time as tamagochis

6 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

In your opinion 

pretty safe bet that the bloke who came through the ranks at PSV has a brighter future than a bloke who's last team ditched him after 18 months of being absolutely turgid and relying on pure luck to stay in this division.