Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Steve Cooper - New Manager

5 minutes ago, Seventyseven said:

He’s a very good modern media manager. His words are thought through and partially why forest fans still love him. He’s excellent at his brand and getting people onside. 

he’s not getting the luxury of 2 wins in 13 here.

or 2 wins in 30 away games. 

100%, there needs to be a very clear direction and strategy that we can see. If we go down and we are fighting and we are clearly rebuilding a foundation then I'll accept going down and keeping him on. Just saying the right thing won't be enough, but it definitely helps to bring fans onboard when you're saying the right things regarding fighting for the badge, remembering who you play for etc. 

Yes Forest fans do love but it's about perspective. He took Forest up for the first time in years and then they had some historic wins, so he's going to be a legend, similar to Pearson.

We've won the Prem and FA cup in the last 8 years so we kind of think that that the Premiership is our home, where as it was all new to them.

Hence if we start off badly the fans will be on his back quickly despite our upcoming limitations.

10 hours ago, ALC Fox said:

Get the man top to toe in Admiral and Hype!

Tbf he should be rocking the entire BKT LCFC range EVERY match. He’d look an absolute vision in patchworked snow wash denim like KDH did at the launch

IMG_9335.jpeg

• Haha 3

Managers are their own people, and their success can’t be compared to others, only themselves. 

We can get hung up on minute details, but what we can say about him is he’s adaptable and clearly a good learner, because his Forest team played differently to his Swansea team….. this tells me he has an ability to adapt depending on the resources he has. His work with Forest was impressive, to turn them around in the short space of time he has shows he can quickly adapt and get almost immediate results. 

Which gives me hope in his ability to learn and develop his managerial ability, he managed to adapt from Swansea to Forest, and he will have to adapt again. I think he’s more cultured than we give him credit for. One thing we’ve got to stop as a fan base is being so mardy, we know better than anyone what a collective effort can achieve, if Cooper comes into a club that doesn’t want him, he is facing an uphill battle from the off. 

I started out being anti, but rather than staying that way I did some research into Cooper, to give the bloke a chance….. as the other half said, “how can you write someone off before they’ve even started”…. Cooper is actually a forward thinking manager, who has an ability to adapt quickly and seeks to get the best out of his resources, rather than just try to force a style onto a team that may not be capable of executing it. 

He did struggle to balance Forest in the EPL, but we all recognise the drastic measures Forest took to stay up, for which they have been punished….. so given more of a chance to have a say on the squad, he may have had more success…. With the greatest respect (not so much) to the broccoli brigade…. They’re an absolute mess of a club, so it’s hardly surprising he couldn’t sustain anything there, there’s no long term vision at the club. 

Let’s get behind him and the team, and give us half a chance of staying up.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, marcymarc666 said:

Yes Forest fans do love but it's about perspective. He took Forest up for the first time in years and then they had some historic wins, so he's going to be a legend, similar to Pearson.

We've won the Prem and FA cup in the last 8 years so we kind of think that that the Premiership is our home, where as it was all new to them.

Hence if we start off badly the fans will be on his back quickly despite our upcoming limitations.

It’s not, that’s our issue.

5 hours ago, Seventyseven said:

In spite of their chairman bankrolling promotion? And then bankrolling them to stay up? Real fairytale stuff eh! 

im sure people rewrite things to suit their agenda! 

FFS… they were in the mid when he took over. No matter what they spent I’d wager there were many clubs spending vastly more.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, K789 said:

I recommend everyone to watch the 14 min video of Steve on the website. Motivational stuff and comes across as a great leader. Absolutely 100% behind him 

He sounded great didn’t he.

Sold himself well. Seems a nice guy with big ambitions for our football club, and spoke well about harnessing the power of our support.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, niyaminski said:

He sounded great didn’t he.

Sold himself well. Seems a nice guy with big ambitions for our football club, and spoke well about harnessing the power of our support.

You could see though he was terrified to be asked anything about Forest and even being asked about the supporters specifically made him edgy. He wants to do well here but he knows the backlash of him being ex forest 

OK, I've had my sulk and now I'm getting to grips with it. Very good first interview. You can see why he built a really good rapport with the Forest fans when he was there. Hopefully he proves me wrong. STEEEVVVIIIEEE COOPER.

• Like 1

Just now, BenTheFox said:

OK, I've had my sulk and now I'm getting to grips with it. Very good first interview. You can see why he built a really good rapport with the Forest fans when he was there. Hopefully he proves me wrong. STEEEVVVIIIEEE COOPER.

Where's the link to it?

Edited by Wymsey
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, ShepshedFox1884 said:

You could see though he was terrified to be asked anything about Forest and even being asked about the supporters specifically made him edgy. He wants to do well here but he knows the backlash of him being ex forest 

Probably nervous about the supporters because of the shit show of a reception he’s gotten online since joining.

If he acts the same in 2 months then we can question him.

44 minutes ago, K789 said:

I recommend everyone to watch the 14 min video of Steve on the website. Motivational stuff and comes across as a great leader. Absolutely 100% behind him 

Came across well.
Let’s get behind him now, really hope he succeeds.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, K789 said:

Just watched it

comes across as a very genuine guy in fairness 

• Like 3

He come across really down to earth and a nice guy in that interview .. I wish him nothing but the best of luck and I truly hope it works out to the benefit of everyone involved with the football club 

Gotta back the guy I guess 

• Like 2