Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Steve Cooper - New Manager

8 minutes ago, Foxaholic ME said:

He failed   everywhere else  

I thought he got Swansea to 2 play off finals?

His CV is quite similar to NP - 2 play off finals, Promotion and kept us up (I know NP was with the same club, but still . . . ) - hoping SC builds the same mentality here that NP did. As a fan, I want to see players out there giving their all for the badge.

Edited by MGLCFC
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, cityfanlee23 said:

I'm being reminded a little bit of when Pearson went to Bristol City and didn't immediately get results. 
We have a lot of fans who are questioning the appointment, and a huge amount of Forest fans telling us we are lucky to have him and to keep faith. When Pearson went to Bristol City, a lot of their fans especially at the beginning when results didn't come immediately were thinking it was a sideways step and they had loads of Leicester fans telling them to be patient because he will build a foundation and come good. 

In the end, Pearson was one of the only people seemingly holding the fanbase together, the majority were absolutely gutted when he got sacked. 
Both scenarios seem strikingly similar. I hope the Forest fans are right. 

He has to be looking at a 48+ point season here, any form of relegation and I doubt he has enough goodwill and impetus to stay on and spearhead the promotion campaign.

I recently gained a load of points in Scrabble with the word 'scooper'. My opponent immediately pointed out that that was our new manager (S.Cooper)! If you look at the definitions of scooper, it's someone who scoops things up, often with a pooper-scooper. It can also be an animal or bird that scoops up food, such as an avocet. Apparently, there's also another definition in the urban dictionary, which we won't go into details about!    

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He has to be looking at a 48+ point season here, any form of relegation and I doubt he has enough goodwill and impetus to stay on and spearhead the promotion campaign.

I think it depends how it plays outs. If we do get relegated, but we played like we did in our first season back to the prem, I think he'll have earned the goodwill. Also, if we go down by a few points due to PSR penalty, then he would have earned the right.

However,  If we have heavy losses game after game and against teams around us, then it'll be a different story. Trust is earned and not a given, so I think we'll have to wait before we can find actually say that. But I do agree, we need a lot of points to survive. It's a massive task

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

For me it depends on a couple of things, firstly the size of the points deduction and secondly how our performances are relative to our squad. 
If we go into this season and we've signed 1 player for £10m and nobody else, providing we are fighting and producing performances but maybe being undone by the odd goal (like 14/15), I'd probably accept going down and rebuilding with him, 
Obviously, survival at all costs have to be considered, but if it comes down to the wire and we are fighting tooth and nail for it and the tactics are fine, i'd stick. But all of these things need to happen. 
I really hope we are able to take advantage of some decent loans and maybe sign a few players. 5-6 players and we could be okay, realistically we probably need more but it's not looking good financially. 
Unfortunately Cooper is going to have a hand tied behind his back it seems. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I think if we only just go down and it's because of the deduction they'll be enough support for him to stay. Given what he did at Forest, there won't be many better choices to get us back up. 

3 minutes ago, teblin said:

Spoke to a forest fan yesterday who said I bet the majority of Leicester fans will love him come the end of the season.

This is what I suspect. I don't know why, but I've just got this weird feeling that Cooper might become one of those managers whose arrival is greeted with scepticism but goes onto become a club legend. 

10 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

This is what I suspect. I don't know why, but I've just got this weird feeling that Cooper might become one of those managers whose arrival is greeted with scepticism but goes onto become a club legend. 

Well he's got to do more than keep us up to become a "legend".

Legend = an extremely famous or notorious person, let's hope it's not the latter.

14 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

I have the theme tune to 'It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia' reading that...

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, teblin said:

Spoke to a forest fan yesterday who said I bet the majority of Leicester fans will love him come the end of the season.

Yeah, I dont mean to bang on about it, but I know loads (too many) Forest fans. They all think he’s gonna keep us up. They’re all about envious as they think we’re going to really get a feel good factor going. Cooper really got Forest together, all pulling in the same direction 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Yeah, I dont mean to bang on about it, but I know loads (too many) Forest fans. They all think he’s gonna keep us up. They’re all about envious as they think we’re going to really get a feel good factor going. Cooper really got Forest together, all pulling in the same direction 

I think all of us who are unfortunate enough to live in Nottingham are much more positive about this because we know just how well he did to get a club that's been languishing in the second and third tier most our lives into the Premier League. We've seen how much he transformed what looked like a laughably out of sorts club for so many years. 

I'm also just loving the absolute breakdown most of them are having while at the same time towing the party line about not caring about us but also remembering their song about him mentions hating us. You got to love it. 

• Like 1