Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Steve Cooper - New Manager

5 minutes ago, The Bear said:

I'm sure he was made well aware of that before signing his contract. 

Yeh I'd guess so too. However, the club has form. 

They lied to Rodgers in our disastrous pre relegation summer. Rodgers was on holiday doing deals, speaking to players and came back to be told there was to be no money. 

They lied to Enzo too, who was clueless this January that firstly KDH might have to be sold and that we couldn't even sign a loan player.

Truth is, only those at the club paying minute by minute tributes to monks,  the thai royal family and assorted Thai tik tokers are you in the inner sanctum

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Quorndon_Fox said:

Every single Forest fan reckons we’ll love him, seems to be down to earth, completely about the football, ambitious but loyal. I honestly reckon we could have another O’Neil on our hands.

Don't forget what happened the last time we had a bloke come in and change very little.

The fact that we dont have £500m

to be throwing around on new players means he’s going to have to polish some turds and improve some of the deadwood we have sitting around.

Unless some nutty bastard comes in and takes Ward, Soumare and Daka off our hands for a decent fee we’ve still got a lot of the Brendan legacy sitting around eating up a large part of the wage bill.

That’s all well and good but he won’t be loved by many if he doesn’t see that Mavididi and Fatawu you just put wide left and right and tell them to cut in, or that Ricardo doesn’t need to be pushed to play as a marauding full-back if we want him fit for a full season. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Tommy G said:

Correct but there are plenty of examples where sacking a manager after 10 games is completely pointless. 

Fair point, but starting on minus points means results in those opening set of fixtures will be even more important. Season defining potentially. 

3 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Anything interesting on Talksport or just the usual club approved soundbites? 

Talksport is a 'Tier-what' source on here?..

Edit: Sorry, just read that it's a Tier 4 source in the pinned thread in Transfer Talk.

Edited by Wymsey

1 minute ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Anything interesting on Talksport or just the usual club approved soundbites? 

Nothing really that we didn't know already, they spent most of the time to get info out of him about Florist making however many signings and how it compares to our predicament...

• Thanks 1

On 26/06/2024 at 14:40, nick6666 said:

Saw cooper at stadium today update on his whereabouts said hello to all the staff seems a top bloke 

I hope he wasnt seeking tickets. As an able bodied male under the age of 84, he's got no chance. Manager or no manager. 

1 hour ago, purpleronnie said:

I thought he spoke really well about shakey despite not really knowing him.

I think Cooper and Shakespeare are cut from the same cloth. I think they'd have got on well with each other.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

It was just really impressive now he made that what he wanted to talk about first I thought. Wasn't a question pushed on him at the end. 

It's massive to supporters to have a manager that gets the club. Really hope he hits the ground running because he can be great here. 

Yes, I think he'll do a decent job in difficult circumstances,  Whether that's good enough or not remains to be seen. 

If he can keep us up that will be amazing given the quality of the squad he has to work with.

Next season can be so much better if we can just stay up this season.

• Like 1

On 05/08/2024 at 18:13, Paninistickers said:

Yeh I'd guess so too. However, the club has form. 

They lied to Rodgers in our disastrous pre relegation summer. Rodgers was on holiday doing deals, speaking to players and came back to be told there was to be no money. 

They lied to Enzo too, who was clueless this January that firstly KDH might have to be sold and that we couldn't even sign a loan player.

Truth is, only those at the club paying minute by minute tributes to monks,  the thai royal family and assorted Thai tik tokers are you in the inner sanctum

If Enzo didn’t think we had a few financial issues then that says a lot about him, even if the Board told him a few fibs. It was glaringly obvious to anyone within half a million miles of football or anyone who can do basic maths.

In the respect of him going beyond the usual remit of a manager and getting to know a club more deeply, any fan would want Cooper at their club. It's clearly one of the main reasons he is revered at Forest, and even if it is to partly aid his own image, it's still a good way to go about things. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, FoxesTalker said:

In the respect of him going beyond the usual remit of a manager and getting to know a club more deeply, any fan would want Cooper at their club. It's clearly one of the main reasons he is revered at Forest, and even if it is to partly aid his own image, it's still a good way to go about things. 

Yeah whatever happens he’s a decent bloke and genuinely wants to do well for the club I feel. Ultimately we all want results but I don’t get the impression that he will ever disrespect the club or openly court for other jobs like some previous managers have so brazenly done. I really want him to do well here, it’s a shame some fans won’t even him a chance. 

• Like 4

It goes to show that some shouldn't judge a book by its cover, literally..

He sounds more insightful than I first thought.

Edited by Wymsey
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

I wouldn't take Rodgers word completely. It was really eye opening how the ownership at Liverpool spoke about he'd blatantly lie to the press about deals or reason for lack of deals. 

I don't know how he could think he could max out the wage budget like he did and it have no consequences when we didn't get into Europe. Which was his own failing. 

He's one of the biggest reasons we are where we are now. As much as he's done a great job of spinning otherwise. 

IIRC he had lined up Colvill and Madueke and then that got binned for whatever reason . He did get his mate ( and his sons client) Bertrand a handy pension the  season before though 

13 minutes ago, surrifox said:

IIRC he had lined up Colvill and Madueke and then that got binned for whatever reason . He did get his mate ( and his sons client) Bertrand a handy pension the  season before though 

De Ketelaare (or whatever) was the player who was lined up 

39 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

If Enzo didn’t think we had a few financial issues then that says a lot about him, even if the Board told him a few fibs. It was glaringly obvious to anyone within half a million miles of football or anyone who can do basic maths.

Under no circumstances should a board mislead a manager about such important matters, no matter how much was already clear.