Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Steve Cooper - New Manager

7 hours ago, The_77 said:

Under no circumstances should a board mislead a manager about such important matters, no matter how much was already clear. 

Ultimately we don’t know what happened or what the dialogue was like… there are ways to be vague and suggestive perhaps without being explicit. But I suppose Enzo had come from Man City where if there financial issues they just cheat their way out of it.

Edited by Wasyls Pec Deck

The world of football finance is a murky business and with so many opportunities to write off losses etc etc it would be very easy to lead a prospective manager to believe whilst budgets would be reduced there was still headroom to work and there was no breach on the horizon. 

Unless Enzo had Kieran Maguire in tow, the club with the sale of Fofana, Maddison and Barnes pending, could easily peddle out the narrative that we wouldn’t breach and Enzo wouldn’t really have been able to dispute or doubt it. 

People can say Enzo was naive however in the same way we as fans had an inkling things were bad but didn’t have the facts as to the severity of any breach and whether we were in the mud financially or more if we were struggling for financial wriggle room. 

I don’t blame Enzo in the slightest, even Brendan was led down a garden path that he could rebuild then to be told that wasn’t an option at the last minute. 

The board and leadership of this club has form for keeping Managers in the dark regards budgetary constraints and it would not surprise me in the slightest if this happened again with Cooper. 

• Like 2

Not expecting this guy to work miracles given our looming points deduction and limited resources for transfers, but the minimum I expect is to try and make us difficult to beat, work hard, cover every blade of grass and show some passion and pride. We've seen absolutely none of this in pre season and seen nothing of what looks like a plan or tactics. The players look lost and look like they have no clue what they are doing. The teams we've played are all bang average and would be lower end of the pl table and we have looked so far off it in every game. Unless something changes drastically, I genuinely don't see us winning a single game. 

Edited by jayfox26
  • Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
2 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

think most would know that unless you live under a rock

You wonder by some of the comments you still see on here.

Just now, Lambert09 said:

it’s worse than the puel days. we are in big trouble 

Puel had tactics, they were just a yawn fest and he could spot a player.

Cooper has informed the club he needs 401 wingers and toShop around the Premier League OAP home! 

This is beyond honking! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

it’s worse than the puel days. we are in big trouble 

At least Puel brought us in some decent signings and set the foundations for Rodgers to work with. It feels like Maresca reset our foundations after Rodgers destroyed it and now cooper is already destroying what Maresca built. Utterly honking stuff 

• Like 3

Just now, FrankieADZ said:

Puel days werent even that bad considering some of the shit we've put up with since then imo

you’re forgetting lining up to burnley with ndidi, hamza and mendy lol it was atrocious at times but he did do a tremendous job in the transfer market 

3 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Only silver lining is he might expose how shambolicly run we are.

This, I’m afraid, is the problem.

Enzo succeeded despite the board. Cooper isn’t doing, so far. 

This ownership brought us unimaginable times, for which I’ll always be grateful. Alas, since May 2021 (and I’d argue for quite some time before that), the leadership and decision making we’ve seen from this board has been abysmal.

It’s hard to imagine any manager having a successful season with this leadership and the constraints they’ve saddled the club with.

• Like 1

I'm quite reactionary and emotional in the moment usually so I do make comments that I don't always mean when we're losing. 

Generally once I'm calm I'd say I'm fairly patient and understanding, don't hold too many knee jerk beliefs, hence why I've historically been keen to defend players like Iheanacho, Maddison and Daka when they've got through spells of being scapegoated. 

But I genuinely, genuinely just want him gone. He's clueless. You can see it in the players, I don't just mean his selections, I mean the way they're playing. There's no clear plan, they're not happy, they're not getting it, it's a mess. He's never been good enough for this level and he's just out of his depth. 

We can't afford the points he's going to cost us on top of the points deduction. He needs to follow Rudkin out of the door ASAP. 

• Like 2