Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Steve Cooper - New Manager

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I'm quite reactionary and emotional in the moment usually so I do make comments that I don't always mean when we're losing. 

Generally once I'm calm I'd say I'm fairly patient and understanding, don't hold too many knee jerk beliefs, hence why I've historically been keen to defend players like Iheanacho, Maddison and Daka when they've got through spells of being scapegoated. 

But I genuinely, genuinely just want him gone. He's clueless. You can see it in the players, I don't just mean his selections, I mean the way they're playing. There's no clear plan, they're not happy, they're not getting it, it's a mess. He's never been good enough for this level and he's just out of his depth. 

We can't afford the points he's going to cost us on top of the points deduction. He needs to follow Rudkin out of the door ASAP. 

I have a theory for this. 

I think what we are witnessing is a very tough undoing of the previous manager. I think Cooper is stuck in a limbo where the players have been successful and enjoyed playing marescas way… which means he can’t just scrap it all together and play his way. This is causing him to try to play more like enzo, which doesn’t suit him and he probably lied and said he could in the interview process. 

We now have a manager not fully in control, players that are confused on what they should be doing and on top of that a lack of quality due to incompetence in the board room. I don’t think we can judge cooper right now because he’s stuck in this space and it will take a while to implement his blueprint when the owners are desperate to play this way.

In short and very unsurprisingly, the board have fudged it and gone for a square peg in a round hole. We either allow cooper to do what he needs or we will be playing imitation football and getting hammered everywhere we go 

• Thanks 1

It's a mess. Sums up where Club is nowadays. Not Coopers fault per say but this was always gonna be a tough act to follow and 2 contrasting styles.

Honestly have no particular interest in season ahead despite renewing again.  Without the social element of meeting with mates wouldn't bother most weeks. 

We will go down as the worst Premier League side of all time, we love a record.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I have a theory for this. 

I think what we are witnessing is a very tough undoing of the previous manager. I think Cooper is stuck in a limbo where the players have been successful and enjoyed playing marescas way… which means he can’t just scrap it all together and play his way. This is causing him to try to play more like enzo, which doesn’t suit him and he probably lied and said he could in the interview process. 

We now have a manager not fully in control, players that are confused on what they should be doing and on top of that a lack of quality due to incompetence in the board room. I don’t think we can judge cooper right now because he’s stuck in this space and it will take a while to implement his blueprint when the owners are desperate to play this way.

In short and very unsurprisingly, the board have fudged it and gone for a square peg in a round hole. We either allow cooper to do what he needs or we will be playing imitation football and getting hammered everywhere we go 

Problem is, a less experienced manager, with more or less the same resources bar KDH managed to get his style of football across almost immediately. Cooper who has claimed he hasn’t changed much, so far, has made us look worse. 

This performance and this stage of pre season is unacceptable. The players look genuinely clueless. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

No. 

Cooper has always been an advocate of passing, possession football. 

The problem is they've had a year of proper coaching from an elite coach and now they've got an amateur who can't live up to those standards and the players can clearly see it. 

Even if Enzo was inexperienced and still learning as an actual head coach, he clearly was very very good at instructing and coaching the players. They were loving it immediately when he came in and you could see by the way they played they were very well drilled. 

Cooper just isn't at his level. Best thing he could have done would be at least just maintain the exact same shape so the lessons from the last regime still applied. 

Instead he's implemented silly changes that make no tactical sense and the players are visibly confused. 

You do know Maresca left, he wasn’t sacked

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1