Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Steve Cooper - New Manager

Maybe the Enzo haters will realise that he whilst far from perfect he was a decent coach who had a plan and a structure, he also challenged the hierarchy and expected high standards rather than the fecking circus we are seeing now. 

cooper got the job because he is a yes man he will accept whatever Rudkin and Top tell him and tow the party line, we will be cut adrift by Christmas and the season will be a complete and utter write off. 

The biggest worry for me is who the hell

do we bring in when Cooper does get the bullet, because this job will be so unattractive so highly likely we end up with a washed up has been. The mismanagement of the last 3 years has been devastating and Enzo was actually our hope of dragging ourselves out of the shit and challenging the club to improve its standards. 

Rudkin and Top I have lost all faith in your plan and vision. For the sake of the club, sack Rudkin, or force him to resign. We have to change and move forward. Enough is enough. 

• Like 3

I know there hasn’t been much time for cooper and his staff but it is what it is. He knew what he was getting himself into here.

still he’s not a hugely experience coach and it’s really showing at this level sadly.

pressure will now be MASSIVE on opening day. This whole team is gonna be scared sheetless against spurs. I can see damage control from the moment the first goal is conceded. I’ll hope and pray for a miracle we don’t get mauled 

3 minutes ago, Royston. said:

Could see this happening.

Coopers only saving grace is the morons above him are more to blame than himself.

He will get at least 10 games before Top finds his balls so suck it up guys:brendan:

Are they though? 

Their moronic behaviour didn’t seem to hamper Enzo. 

The fact of the matter is, Cooper has come in and achieved nothing but make us look worse.

Just now, Pliskin said:

Are they though? 

Their moronic behaviour didn’t seem to hamper Enzo. 

The fact of the matter is, Cooper has come in and achieved nothing but make us look worse.

Didn't factor in his decision to leave?

I know we can’t get Enzo back lol but… ‘if’ things go topsy turdy at Chelsea could we get him back to continue the project?

chances are the Chelsea players will come around to his ways and they will get going.

anything can happen of course. Different pressures on Enzo now.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

If anyone catches whatever pile of shit interview he does please put the transcript in here.

I'm guessing it will be something like this:

"I was impressed with what I saw out there, against quality opposition. The gameplan was working really well, with just a few areas of improvement needed; Defence, Midfield and Attack.

Defensively we need to be improve a bit. Win more headers and tackles, make more interceptions and blocks, and stop giving the ball way easily. But otherwise lots of positives to take from that display.

In Midfield we need to be able to make more than 2 passes in row, and get those passes on target and into positions whereby players can move up the pitch. But very encouraged with what I saw.

Offensively we need to score more goals and make more chances. But I'm sure you can see how inspired it's been to play Ndidi as our furthest attacking midfielder and Bobby's wild lash from 25 yards out showcasing why we've given him a 31 year old a 3 year contract"

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Haha 2

His history of developing youth was the only thing I was hanging my hat on when it came to his appointment, but after what he’s done with certain players in this pre season, the only positive I had already looks to be firmly in the bin. 

It’s going to be kick the ball up the field and hope for the best type football, especially away from home. 

I fear we’re going to be this seasons Sheffield United, we may even get a worse points total than Derby in 07/08, and with this defence, we’ll probably concede over 100 goals too. 

11 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

The frustration on the faces of our players is so concerning. When I see Harry Winks looking angry and upset... things are not good.

I suspect that in training the players have noticed that training sessions are worse, the level of detail being prepared for players is nowhere near as comprehensive. The new coaching team don't seem as clued up as to how to organise and prepare the team. This leads to more uncertainty and nervousness. Now on the pitch you are doing something different before, but it's not working. You lose more faith in leadership again.

And so begins a slipery slope...

Glaringly obvious that was going to be the case and now we are seeing it.

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, whoareyaaa said:

Glaringly obvious that was going to be the case and now we are seeing it.

I was really hoping it wouldn't be.

What he should do in my opinion is keep exactly the same structure as last season to begin with, and make adjustments afterwards. Finnegan wrote an amazing post in the tactics thread, but essentially Cooper is trying to do a poor rendition of Enzo's system without understanding how or why it worked.

Teams who come up are usually confident and excited because they know one another and are used to playing a certain way. Look at Oxford and Portsmouth today in the Championship as examples of that. Our new manager has made us look like a team that just went down, not a team that has just come up.

• Like 3

Just now, StriderHiryu said:

I was really hoping it wouldn't be.

What he should do in my opinion is keep exactly the same structure as last season to begin with, and make adjustments afterwards. Finnegan wrote an amazing post in the tactics thread, but essentially Cooper is trying to do a poor rendition of Enzo's system without understanding how or why it worked.

Teams who come up are usually confident and excited because they know one another and are used to playing a certain way. Look at Oxford and Portsmouth today in the Championship as examples of that. Our new manager has made us look like a team that just went down, not a team that has just come up.

Agreed, we have gone for the wrong manager that's the biggest mistake, if we had got Corberan, Potter even RVN you would see a similar structure to the play.

• Like 1