Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Steve Cooper - New Manager

4 minutes ago, Tazfox said:

Absolutely no gameplan. Can't create and can't defend. Spells disaster for us under Cooper really. 

The club took the easy option Cooper, when they could have made an inspired.choice. There is no structure the players don’t seem to know what to do, unlike last season. 5 or 6 defeats he will be gone.

• Like 2

We saw today a team with an exciting young British manager, coaching a team full of confidence, playing great stuff with neat patterns of play, playing out of the press and creating many chances through exciting rotations and overloads.

That manager was Will Still, and that team was Lens.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Tactics seem to consist of

• everybody not named Daka stay on the edge of our box
  • if you are called Daka, fall back from the edge of the oppositions area and fail to hold the ball up (understandably imo) when pinged at you

Thus far, the results are quite conclusive.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Are they though? 

Their moronic behaviour didn’t seem to hamper Enzo. 

The fact of the matter is, Cooper has come in and achieved nothing but make us look worse.

Enzo didn’t work any miracles with us. Cooper hasn’t even managed a competitive game for us.

Don’t get me wrong, I fully expect a season full of pain and I’m losing optimism re: Cooped but this season was always going to be tough without significant improvement to the squad. 

2 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Shots on target? 1?

The only way I could possibly disagree with that is based on the fact I can't find any stats to back it up 😂.

I haven't been able to watch the games (thankfully), but for all that's been said from those attending (and, frankly, the scorelines), it looks pretty bleak.

Also, why is Ricardo not playing? That's baffling me.

On 20/06/2024 at 10:09, urban.spaceman said:

I don’t think I’ve been so cynical about a managerial appointment for at least 15 years.

This just seems completely at odds with the club's state ambitions.

I desperately hope to be proven wrong. 

I have so far not been proven wrong. 

• Sad 2

Just now, The_77 said:

Enzo didn’t work any miracles with us. Cooper hasn’t even managed a competitive game for us.

Don’t get me wrong, I fully expect a season full of pain and I’m losing optimism re: Cooped but this season was always going to be tough without significant improvement to the squad. 

The squad is genuinely worse. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, urban.spaceman said:

I have so far not been proven wrong. 

It is projected that if results consider in the PL season as they have within the preseason period, your sample size will not stretch to cover a meaningful season sample set.

• Like 1

Just now, The_77 said:

Enzo got a beaten up team to play a very specific style very quickly. By game 1 in pre-season we were looking like he wanted us. 

Last game of this pre-season we look, clueless, leaderless, spineless and completely lack any creativity. 

One significant loss in KDH, the team isn’t that much different, and it looks far worse. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Fox1norfolk said:

The club took the easy option Cooper, when they could have made an inspired.choice. There is no structure the players don’t seem to know what to do, unlike last season. 5 or 6 defeats he will be gone.

Would like to know how realistic it was to get such a manager. Are we that screwed that nobody with half a brain would touch us? Surely this type of info circulates in the relevant circles!

I have no idea where this idea has come from that Enzo barely had to do anything because the squad was so good it would have PTL all by itself. It's clearly not true is it.

Largely the same first 11 under Cooper look like they are just learning to play professional football. Imagine if KDH was injured last season then what would the setup and tactics under Enzo have been? That's the situation Cooper has got to deal with. But he's got no idea.

It seems more and more likely that the hit and hope squad building at Forest wasn't just the ideas of a mad owner, but that of a fairly limited coach too.

• Like 2