Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Steve Cooper - New Manager

1 minute ago, Levi Port said:

Doesn’t matter what he does there, got us up and had us playing good stuff off the bat. We look utterly lost now 

He doesn’t matter now either, Christ, he left us in the lurch, he couldn’t give a flying fck about us. Dwelling on his short success is pointless to where we now find ourselves regardless if you loved Enzo or found his football tedious. The board needed to get the replacement right and the playing squad stronger for the premier league that looks like it will fail. The club never learns. 

8 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Beginning to realise why Forest were losing every game under him before he was sacked.... utterly clueless who can't motivate the players 

The motivation issue is huge imo. When he came the players were unsure. But their body language now suggests they don't trust him or his staff. Coaches who like 'working with young players' typically do that because they don't have the skills, gravitas, etc to motivate more experienced players.

So they surround themselves with inexperienced teenagers who haven't yet seen enough to be critical. Southgate is unfortunately in that category, as is Cooper imo.

• Like 1

I'll reserve my judgement until we play a proper match. Very poor pre-season, but you don't get any points in these matches. We need signings and I'm hoping we'll look a different team come the end of the  month. 

• Like 3

Would be great if Cooper's interview is straight to the point where he says it's not good enough and he and the players need to up their game. Would have more respect for him doing that as opposed to saying everything is okay and we're still learning. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lesta Legend said:

He doesn’t matter now either, Christ, he left us in the lurch, he couldn’t give a flying fck about us. Dwelling on his short success is pointless to where we now find ourselves regardless if you loved Enzo or found his football tedious. The board needed to get the replacement right and the playing squad stronger for the premier league that looks like it will fail. The club never learns. 

I'm not a Cooper fan but, I'll reserve my judgement until the end of September after the transfer window has shut. Hopefully we've strengthened the squad and he's had time to develop a playing style with a full squad.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, moseeds said:

The motivation issue is huge imo. When he came the players were unsure. But their body language now suggests they don't trust him or his staff. Coaches who like 'working with young players' typically do that because they don't have the skills, gravitas, etc to motivate more experienced players.

So they surround themselves with inexperienced teenagers who haven't yet seen enough to be critical. Southgate is unfortunately in that category, as is Cooper imo.

But he doesn't play them... Just has them hanging around... Like outside of a co-op

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Enzo got a beaten up team to play a very specific style very quickly. By game 1 in pre-season we were looking like he wanted us. 

Last game of this pre-season we look, clueless, leaderless, spineless and completely lack any creativity. 

One significant loss in KDH, the team isn’t that much different, and it looks far worse. 

Enzo left as soon as he could. There’s no sense in comparing him to our manager because he was never going to be here this season, anyway.

As much as I appreciate the good things he did and the identity he tried to create, we played plenty of awful football last season when we had a significant sporting advantage over our competition.

1 minute ago, teblin said:

He sounded so frustrated about lack of signings.

Easy out though, no one is expecting 10-0 wins but 3 games in and they all show a familiar pattern. That says less about the personal and more about the instructions 

1 minute ago, HankMarvin said:

Easy out though, no one is expecting 10-0 wins but 3 games in and they all show a familiar pattern. That says less about the personal and more about the instructions 

Oh yeah today was more than a lack of signings. But who ever is manager needs more quality. 

2 minutes ago, teblin said:

He sounded so frustrated about lack of signings.

He was quite outspoken about how desperate we were but didn’t even sound convinced we were going to do it. I wonder if we’re reliant on moving garbage squad players on and the club are again being tight lipped about it. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see Cooper gone before the end of September tbh. I think there will be player unrest. Quite clearly good players are unwilling to come here not just because of money. That Italian agent gave the blunt truth about a lack of project. A relegated club has a huge penalty on price so even if Top wants out he needs a premier league team to get maximum payback. 

• Like 2