Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Steve Cooper - New Manager

25 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

He’s a mediocre manager who couldn’t keep his job at a club which considers him a bit of a messiah. Like everything else at this club, he isn’t fit for purpose. 

The reality is we have an owner who needs to sell. We need him to sell. He has no business running this club as a business. His tenure has overseen a significant decrease in revenue. An increase in liabilities and complete collapse when it comes to financial responsibility. However you spin in, Top is the biggest parasite of the lot and has pissed away his father’s legacy. While Vichai made mistakes, disastrous ones, he fixed it. Or tried to. 

We are going into a PL season without one signing of note. Not one. Even Sheff United made one or two last year in Hamer and Mcatee. We go into the season with Rudkin bumbling along without a clue and the mistakes from two years ago again repeated. We deserve what we are about to go for until every person who says “we’ve got great owners” stops. 

So while Cooper isn’t inspiring or fit for purpose, we are very much here this season to make up the numbers. And it will be our last time in the league for a long time. I bet it’s a season of what ifs, “harsh decisions” and collapses. Overall, just not good enough. We’ll be gone before the last game and probably a fair few before then. 

No decent manager wants to work with an inept board. This is the best we can get. We have to live with it.

That's right ,I should imagine word gets round the football  world how incompetent this lot are ,and that's why  nothing will change while this lot are here.

3 minutes ago, ozvaldo said:

He talks about not doing enough going forward and not being able to cope with the intensity of their press. Yeah - well don’t ****ing play Wilf and Hamza in the heart of midfield. If you’ve got players running at you to press and challenge, you need someone who’s going to drop a shoulder and show some real quality in half a second. You’re not getting that from Wilf or Hamza. 

And then he’s playing the likes of Kristiansen - who, let’s face it, doesn’t want to be here, isn’t PL quality and totally ****s up the flow we had down that left side last season. 

You cannot tell me that (A) a team that railed the Chammo with such a plan last year isn’t good enough suddenly. And (B) professional players are ‘crying out for more players to join’. 

I’m already done with Cooper’s negative bullshit. 

I’m not going down the KP until he’s sacked. 

he's already in saving face mode because he's out of his depth. the spurs game might not turn toxic straight away with the "can't read anything into pre season" crowd but I'd be shocked if come villa a fortnight later there aren't chants for him to be sacked. 

• Like 2

Just now, The Doctor said:

he's already in saving face mode because he's out of his depth. the spurs game might not turn toxic straight away with the "can't read anything into pre season" crowd but I'd be shocked if come villa a fortnight later there aren't chants for him to be sacked. 

I’m with you mate. 

38 minutes ago, ozvaldo said:

He talks about not doing enough going forward and not being able to cope with the intensity of their press. Yeah - well don’t ****ing play Wilf and Hamza in the heart of midfield. If you’ve got players running at you to press and challenge, you need someone who’s going to drop a shoulder and show some real quality in half a second. You’re not getting that from Wilf or Hamza. 

And then he’s playing the likes of Kristiansen - who, let’s face it, doesn’t want to be here, isn’t PL quality and totally ****s up the flow we had down that left side last season. 

You cannot tell me that (A) a team that railed the Chammo with such a plan last year isn’t good enough suddenly. And (B) professional players are ‘crying out for more players to join’. 

I’m already done with Cooper’s negative bullshit. 

I’m not going down the KP until he’s sacked. 

i'd have had more of a look at Golding and Alves in the centre, Golding looked like he could take players on but hes hardly feactured, Cooper must know more tham me thougn

1 minute ago, lee7 said:

No identity and clueless. 

We'll get absolutely thrashed by Spurs

Yup saw the end of their friendly against Bayern today and even through they lost 2-3 they still looked slick and could have scored afew more goals. The players looked fresh and eager to playing direct fast football.....while ours today looked like they've just figuring out how to play a new sport

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I think he's about to take top spot in the hall of fame off Peter Taylor. Absolutely tragic manager, should be nowhere near this level.

Gosh you've triggered a lot of us because I think you're right, this is shaping up to be even more tragic with potentially disastrous financial consequences.

32 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Cynically think he’s trying to be clever turning up at fans events etc. 

Think he looks out of his depth on so many levels 

I supported his appointment. 

But, even as someone with goodwill towards him, I have to agree he's looking ill at ease with the job. 

His media interviews seem nervous, awkward. He doesn't exude leadership skills. He's beta male. Which means he has to be very very very good at his job to overcome that. 

I have concerns - but haven't given up yet. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Paninistickers said:

I supported his appointment. 

But, even as someone with goodwill towards him, I have to agree he's looking ill at ease with the job. 

His media interviews seem nervous, awkward. He doesn't exude leadership skills. He's beta male. Which means he has to be very very very good at his job to overcome that. 

I have concerns - but haven't given up yet. 

... do I need to get the "humans aren't captive wolves" banner out again?

I know this pre season has been shit but the guy hasn’t even managed a competitive game for us yet man. Honestly people are so desperate to find any negative they can to get on his back, at least give the bloke some premier league games and see where we are then. Wanting him out because of a of a poor pre season is way over the top. Just don’t be so willing to try and critique the guy at any chance. It’s not going to help us one bit if things start getting toxic so quickly. We need everyone on side this season, and having half the fanbase desperate for a managerial change already isn’t going to help things is it … 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

I know this pre season has been shit but the guy hasn’t even managed a competitive game for us yet man. Honestly people are so desperate to find any negative they can to get on his back, at least give the bloke some premier league games and see where we are then. Wanting him out because of a of a poor pre season is way over the top. Just don’t be so willing to try and critique the guy at any chance. It’s not going to help us one bit if things start getting toxic so quickly. We need everyone on side this season, and having half the fanbase desperate for a managerial change already isn’t going to help things is it … 

on the flip side, having a competition winner as a manager also won't help things. the point is that there needs to be a plan to make a go at staying up that isn't "a congenital heart condition has felled the entire forest, Everton and Southampton sides just before they could step onto the pitch"

By far the most foolish thing to do would be to surmise that all was rosy with Maresca, and that Cooper has turned up and ruined everything. That smacks of the days when we thought McGhee had us on track, and O'Neill buggered it all up in early 1996.

Maresca had been thoroughly sussed, and only the departure from his death-by-possession fixation (that we saw as of the Southampton game) got us over the finish line.

This is on the board. I suppose that's the only sensible conclusion. The financial chaos, the broken promises, the PSR problems, Top's obsession with having his own personal mini Man City and the awful close season business. That's how we got here.

While Cooper may not be blameless, FFP may be unfair, Maresca may have gelled the team better, and the board's misguided gamble back in 2021 might have been understandable, the truth is that it must be hell to motivate a set of players who can see that those upstairs haven't given them a cat in hell's chance. And, as well moneyed as they may be, they're also human beings. It can't be easy to believe in our project.