Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Steve Cooper - New Manager

Sure, it doesn't look good but we all knew getting 40 points in a normal season would be tough as a promoted team. To then add a looming points deductions,  I just assume we won't make up the difference no matter who we buy. 

If we get relegated with cooper, I wouldn't blame him per say. I'd still blame the front office for failing to fire BR and blowing money.

It starts at the Top (pun intended). Love the Thai owners for all we had but think for the good of the club we need a change in ownership and the likes of rud-can't.

Even if by divine intervention we find a way to avoid relegation, I just don't trust Top & Co can make us the city of old. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Nolucklcfc said:

I know this pre season has been shit but the guy hasn’t even managed a competitive game for us yet man. Honestly people are so desperate to find any negative they can to get on his back, at least give the bloke some premier league games and see where we are then. Wanting him out because of a of a poor pre season is way over the top. Just don’t be so willing to try and critique the guy at any chance. It’s not going to help us one bit if things start getting toxic so quickly. We need everyone on side this season, and having half the fanbase desperate for a managerial change already isn’t going to help things is it … 

That would sound ok until today's performance whereupon you'd expect to be fielding a team vaguely similar to what you'd start in your first match, together with some coherent tactics or aim. Whilst the result doesn't matter the performance does and that and tactics were way off the mark. That's down to the manager. 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

That would sound ok until today's performance whereupon you'd expect to be fielding a team vaguely similar to what you'd start in your first match, together with some coherent tactics or aim. Whilst the result doesn't matter the performance does and that and tactics were way off the mark. That's down to the manager. 

I’m trying to convince myself that the team selection yesterday was a message to the board that we desperately need new players. Why else would he play Ndidi AND Choudhury while leaving Alves on the bench and dropping Golding from the squad when we’re so short on creativity? Why else leave Mavididi and Ricardo out? There’s no way he’s actually considering starting with Choidhury and Kristiansen against Spurs….

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Like 2

Reminds me of Rodgers after the fa cup game at Forest, crying out for new blood, feel sorry for him and for him to be so frank and open so early, I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s gone by the end of September. 

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Whilst I think he needs to be asked to leave ASAP, he is finding out just how unusual it is to work under Top and Rudkin.

He's not helping himself though. It is essential our club develops and builds our side around our academy players, if you take away such a philosophy then we'd have gone bust ages ago. It has been the single source of club generated revenue in the last 4-5 years.

Whether it's right or wrong to sell academy players, we seem to have done pretty well at bringing a select few through and them going on to be highly coveted for tens of millions. Ideally they stay and you make vast returns on players you've bought and sold but whatever, the model has to be that we sell the occasional asset and reinvest with a proper plan. That plan is absolutely nowhere to be seen for a long while but it is critical for us to survive to utilise our academy.

Not to mention we have the best facilities in the country and had a near decade run at being the most powerful club in the midlands to hoover up talent. Spaghetti Coops has absolutely no interest in our academy right now, Alves, Nelson, Braybrooke have all been seldom used in pre-season. It's the single thing that's pissed me off more than anything. Not the failure to score a goal in the last 3 pre-season games or register a shot before 80 minutes yesterday.

He's looking such a poor fit for us, he hasn't got a clue what our identity or his identity as a manager in this situation is.

He has to go, just hold your hands up Top and act now.

Christ Ric 😂 

How did he come into this job expecting an overhaul of players?

Surely he would have know that the players he we had when he joined, plus one or two with a loan, would have been it.

Any Leicester fan could have told him that.

Seems he expected alot more to me.

2 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

I’ve never seen a manager this broken before playing a competitive game before. 

That’s the look and body language of someone who’s feeling completely fooked. 

Feel sorry for the man, been let down massively by the recruitment. 

Okoli looked an absolute donkey from the Lens highlights.

There's something likeable about Cooper and I was quite glad when he was appointed. 

He might not have been the most 'exciting' manager to recruit but it just seemed like he was going to take things back to basics and grind out results.

The reality is, he's over complicated everything. Players out of positions, good players left out etc.

I agree with others, he looks completely broken already which Is worrying.

Who's going to want to take on this club, midway through the season and already destined for relegation.

Worrying times ahead.

2 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

I’ve never seen a manager this broken before playing a competitive game before. 

That’s the look and body language of someone who’s feeling completely fooked. 

Think there are some major clues to how the players are feeling in his comments - "the players are asking" (about incoming signings) "they've  played in both leagues and they know the difference".  As others have said they must also see a major difference in training and coaching methods between Enzo and Cooper  - and not in a good way!

He’s genuinely not good enough but we could have all said that prior to his crazy ass appointment, his only other managerial vacancy link was championship side Burnley! Piss poor choice by Top and Rudkin.

2 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

He’s genuinely not good enough but we could have all said that prior to his crazy ass appointment, his only other managerial vacancy link was championship side Burnley! Piss poor choice by Top and Rudkin.

The problem is, with the trouble we are in right now, who else would want to come to us?

11 hours ago, ozvaldo said:

He talks about not doing enough going forward and not being able to cope with the intensity of their press. Yeah - well don’t ****ing play Wilf and Hamza in the heart of midfield. If you’ve got players running at you to press and challenge, you need someone who’s going to drop a shoulder and show some real quality in half a second. You’re not getting that from Wilf or Hamza. 

And then he’s playing the likes of Kristiansen - who, let’s face it, doesn’t want to be here, isn’t PL quality and totally ****s up the flow we had down that left side last season. 

You cannot tell me that (A) a team that railed the Chammo with such a plan last year isn’t good enough suddenly. And (B) professional players are ‘crying out for more players to join’. 

I’m already done with Cooper’s negative bullshit. 

I’m not going down the KP until he’s sacked. 

Cooper's getting so much grief for a situation he's inherited and been stupid enough to accept by taking the job.

Given the players we have available who would you play instead of Wilf or Hamza? 

We don't have anyone else, only Soumare or McAteer and he obviously doesn't see Ricky as a starting midfielder, maybe some politics there.

Alves is not ready for this even in preseason.

He's a very promising player but throwing in him with this shower of shit and expecting him to be the major creative force is asking a miracle and could set his whole career back.

We've got to support and judge him at Xmas when hopefully the club has recruited 4-5 players in midfield and attack who can actually pass forward and score.

Edited by trooky
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, blue army 1988 said:

The problem is, with the trouble we are in right now, who else would want to come to us?

We had Potter all but sealed but a couple of home truths from him and Rudkin put an end to his incoming.

Honestly it’s a farce off the pitch, the sooner the club is sold the better , but we should have appointed someone better than Cooper.

4 minutes ago, trooky said:

Cooper's getting so much grief for a situation he's inherited and been stupid enough to accept.

Given the players we have available who would you play instead of Wilf or Hamza? 

We don't have anyone else, only Soumare or McAteer and he obviously doesn't see Ricky as a starting midfielder, maybe some politics there.

Alves is not ready for this even in preseason.

He's a very promising player but throwing in him with this shower of shit and expecting him to be the major creative force is asking a miracle and could set his whole career back.

If he’s gone into this not knowing the situation the club is in when it was plain for all to see that’s just really poor on his part.

One look at that midfield starting lineup yesterday before a ball was kicked, it was a throwback to Rodgers and you knew what was coming.

How do we know Alves, Goulding, Baybrooke aren’t ready? We’ve seen nothing of them in creative positions in the first 11. Ricardo has to play in the midfield. These players are available and if the manager picks that midfield we saw yesterday against spurs he needs to go.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

We had Potter all but sealed but a couple of home truths from him and Rudkin put an end to his incoming.

Honestly it’s a farce off the pitch, the sooner the club is sold the better , but we should have appointed someone better than Cooper.

What's so brilliant about Potter?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, kingfox said:

Isn’t it a bit of both though Finners? 

Burnley won the 22/23 Championship with over 100 points, they had Premier League experience scattered through their squad and look how they got on last season. 

At the end of the day, we had the likes of Ricardo, Ndidi, Faes, Vestergaard, Vardy, Daka and Justin with us the last time we were in the Premier League and got relegated with them. Choudhury got loaned out the last time we were in the Prem. While Conor Coady wasn’t wanted by Wolves or Everton. 

Cooper’s tactics have been poor in pre season, but I said it after the Augsburg game and might as well say it again now, elements of this squad just fvcking suck and are nowhere near Premier League quality. 

This squad beat Bournemouth and narrowly lost to chealsea last season, that would not have happened if we had been managed by Cooper playing like this.

The squad is plenty good enough with a couple of additions to get comfortably 14- 17th 

However not with these crap tactics

8 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Obviously there are many different stories to it as I've heard and been told something else. 

Not saying either are true but who ever came knew it was going to be an uphill task and that we had a high possibility of going back down again.

19 minutes ago, blue army 1988 said:

It’s just another manager that is complaining about the board and their transfer dealings. Each one that passes by makes it less likely that they can be replaced by a quality manager.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Happy Fox said:

He’s at least competent at this level, And would command the players respect? Cooper is out of his depth.

He also seemingly has no interest in coming here. Forget about him

To be honest if Guardiola had inherited this team he'd be struggling. Last year we struggled against any team with a high press and that was with KDH and a lower standard. If yesterday was anything to by we won't be spending much time in anybody's half this year, its going to be backs to the wall 90 minute defending. To play out from the back you have to have the players who can technically implement it, we don't have those players right now.

We're walking with no backbone and time is running out.