Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Steve Cooper - New Manager

1 minute ago, lcfc_forever said:

There is no escape 😂

“I felt his Forest in the Premier League did not represent fully what he had in his head, but he took a lot of lessons of his time”

from what I read that’s because they was getting tonked early on so he had to sacrifice the style of play.

“It got to a point last year that going to Forest was like paying for a ticket to watch the opposition. The Reds averaged the lowest average possession last term — just 37.6% of the ball each game — and only managed one away win all season. This had to evolve as Forest settled in the league, something picked up and acknowledged by Cooper.”

20 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

https://www.lcfc.com/news/4041547/an-open-letter-to-foxes-fans

"Open letter to Foxes Fans"

*Very first sentence is him thanking King Power*

We are not serious.

hahaha I actually read this and this is a genuinely written in this.

"This Club has a distinct identity and attracts a great deal of respect for what it has achieved. That has been done through the dedication of the owners"

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

It won’t be us that’s for sure. 

what a shit appointment Peter Taylor vibes

I don’t recall so many thinking Peter Taylor was a really shite appointment when it was made ???

This has more of a puel appointment feel to it 

Just now, HankMarvin said:

“I felt his Forest in the Premier League did not represent fully what he had in his head, but he took a lot of lessons of his time”

from what I read that’s because they was getting tonked early on so he had to sacrifice the style of play.

“It got to a point last year that going to Forest was like paying for a ticket to watch the opposition. The Reds averaged the lowest average possession last term — just 37.6% of the ball each game — and only managed one away win all season. This had to evolve as Forest settled in the league, something picked up and acknowledged by Cooper.”

Plan B I’m sold! Yes finally 

Late but posting it anyway.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/12691/13155468/steve-cooper-leicester-city-name-former-nottingham-forest-boss-as-new-manager

So finally we have a manager.

Top mentioned "dynamic style of play", so wonder if Cooper has been talked into what Top wants, or Top has accepted there is more than one way of playing.  Excited to see.

The people saying it's embarrassing being negative about this appointment are the same ones that blindly backed Rodgers til the bitter end. If happy clapping failure is your idea of being a good fan then crack on but don't expect everyone to lap up whatever shit the club serves us

• Like 3

As always i’ll back the new manager , he’ll probably do OK. but will OK be enough to keep us up. The bigger issue is things outside his control like points deduction, budgets, do we have to sell, finances. He could get 40 points but we still go down due the the points deduction which is ultimately down to the running of the football club

Just now, cheshamfox17 said:

I am not sure if suggesting ruling a manager out from the moment they are appointed is the same as backing Rodgers to the end.

It's the same people saying it is my point. They will back any decision the club makes 

Hypothetical situation, but a plausible one... If we were to win enough points to stay up but get relegated because of a deduction, how do we rate the job he would have done? Do we then keep him on for next season?