Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Steve Cooper - New Manager

6 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

I’m convinced that you’re right and this is their plan.

I’m also convinced that they will panic about being seen as culpable, if we have a disastrous start to the season, and sack him in November.

It is absolutely not the plan. If we’re bottom after 10 games with no sign of improvement, Cooper will be sacked.

11 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

I don't think he has been playing anything like Enzo did, and he hasn't included Ricardo or Vestergaurd in the team he has also moved Mav inside so no idea why you think that is the case ?

last season we was dominating the ball, pre season we have hardly been able to string a move let alone 5 passes together

That is the problem, no inspiring forward movement in any of the preseason matches, we can buy the most expensive striker in the world, but if we can’t get  a meaningful pass to him. We have a major problem

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

It is absolutely not the plan. If we’re bottom after 10 games with no sign of improvement, Cooper will be sacked.

Under Enzo we played with style and kept to a basic structure which was successful, but Cooper instead of devolving our style of play and even improving it, has completely destroyed it.

He supposedly had a reputation of developing young players, but he seems to be out of his depth planning a style of playing as a coach. Sadly I really can’t seeing us winning any games if the pre-season performances are anything to go by. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

I’m convinced that you’re right and this is their plan.

I’m also convinced that they will panic about being seen as culpable, if we have a disastrous start to the season, and sack him in November.

Can see your point 100%, only that they don't seem inclined to ride the manager roundabout.

For me Steve Cooper is a great long term manager and I absolutely agree with the doom mongers about short term disaster. 

It's time to stick with him and put right the mismanagement behind us. There is no quick fix I'm afraid.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dr.o.ball said:

But they have thought about replacing Enzo.

Steve Cooper remit- Do the best you can this season Steve and then get us promoted in readiness for the 2026/27 season back into the Premiership by which time our problems will have been resolved.

He's here for 3/4 years nit gone by Xmas.

Yep, sounds right to me.

I posted this last month along the same lines - "Is it conceivable that the owners have accepted we are already down and are saving their money? The way they mismanage our club, I'd put nothing past them."

Most successful people are realists, and whilst Top is patently not the businessman his dad was he does have a modicum of sense and likely knows when to desist in the deceased equine lashing.

The contempt for us fans is astonishing, raised prices in our situation is close to fraud!

Sadly we are now reaping what the idiots have sown. 😒

Edited by J. James

11 hours ago, gurru991 said:

I think ozvaldo belongs in a school playground .... My suspicion is that he is ten years old.

A ten year old who's been posting on here since 2011.  Think about it, you daft plum.  Do your research.  Do your homework.  Do your job.  

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Sly said:

I stand by it as well @Chrysalis

I wasn’t inspired to begin with and having watched whatever preseason was, I’m sure Mike Stowell could have done a better job in his caretaker position when he was here.

Were your expectations realistic?  We sold our one creative link from midfield to the front.  Vardy is injured.

My only question I suppose is why was Daka played ahead of Cannon.

If this was a tippy tappy manager, everyone would be like he needs time to get the tactics across etc.

1 hour ago, Fox1norfolk said:

Under Enzo we played with style and kept to a basic structure which was successful, but Cooper instead of devolving our style of play and even improving it, has completely destroyed it.

He supposedly had a reputation of developing young players, but he seems to be out of his depth planning a style of playing as a coach. Sadly I really can’t seeing us winning any games if the pre-season performances are anything to go by. 

We dont know how we will play yet, but that style wasnt going to get us anywhere in the EPL, we got relegated with a better squad when Rodgers made us play pass the ball between defenders.

2 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

We dont know how we will play yet, but that style wasnt going to get us anywhere in the EPL, we got relegated with a better squad when Rodgers made us play pass the ball between defenders.

Absolutely correct and his defence at Chelsea is and will also struggle and concede frequently with this awful boring style.

Not my choice as manager, not sure on what his tactics are.m, but as ever, get the players grafting and running 100% every game this season and he will have my support with him.

foxes never quit, let’s own that slogan again. :scarf:

2 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

I don't know about that, I think with Ricardo, Vestergaard and Winks building attacks in Enzo's style we could do it much better than how Rodgers had Amartey, Faes and Ndidi pass the ball between them. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

Were your expectations realistic?  We sold our one creative link from midfield to the front.  Vardy is injured.

My only question I suppose is why was Daka played ahead of Cannon.

If this was a tippy tappy manager, everyone would be like he needs time to get the tactics across etc.

It depends what the clubs expectations are.

Enzo was clearly an elite coach than had the team playing a brand of football that had an identity. I’ve seen nothing so far that shows what Cooper wants to do. He’s overseen one of the the worst preseason I can remember in 35 odd years. It’s not about results, although they do matter, it’s that we’ve learnt nothing and the players look lost and confused.

It’s the non use of certain players as well that’s also not helping him.  I don’t particularly rate Cannon personally, however it would have been nice to see how he does. Same with Alves, Ricardo, Nelson, Braybrooke, Vestergaard etc 

Feel a bit sorry for him.

Guess he has a point to prove and personally back him.

At least there's no points deduction from the start, which should help psychologically-speaking.

On 13/08/2024 at 09:31, Claudio Fannieri said:

If we get relegated and it’s a pretty poor showing I guarantee Cooper will not be around next season, this is not an appointment made with one eye on next season. It was a cheap option and one that wouldn’t rock the boat or challenge the chief decision makers. They can merrily carry on regardless, it is sickening that the club don’t want Managers that will push for the highest standards across all football operations. 

we had it with Enzo and as soon as we needed to appoint his successor instead of going for a manager of similar ilk and standards such as Potrer or Corberan the club shit it’s knickers and went for a yes man. 

I'm not sure that's entirely fair, his comments post Lens were pretty pointed, so were some comments at the fans Q&A session last week.

Including him saying it was a shame the questions were all pre-selected and that there was no actual dialogue with the fans lol 

• Like 3

Was it the 4 preseason games we lost. Not a good start to the season.

Unless the team come out firing and ready to give it there best with a committed performance.

Lets just hope he gets them on board, otherwise it's going to be a long season.

52 minutes ago, Hales said:

I feel sorry for him tbh.....and the players.....

We need fresh players and the backing of the board

Was going to say the same. He’s probably been sold the dream.

Obvious to everyone our squad needed strengthening after promotion and we’re starting in a weaker position. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hales said:

I feel sorry for him tbh.....and the players.....

We need fresh players and the backing of the board

Feel sorry for them?

How about they get there act together and all earn there money.

Show some fight.