Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Steve Cooper - New Manager

I've got little sympathy for Cooper. We're a shit show behind the scenes, but he's taken this onto the pitch. Our most gifted technical player in Ricky P is under used, coupled with a few mins for our young players. All of this, whilst rotating between Winks, Ndidi,  Hamza and Soumare (who doesn't even want to play for us, even though we're forking out 80k per week on him). Cooper was brought here with one eye on next season, when we'll be playing in the Championship. Top and Rudkin gave this season up a while back.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Good idea for the rest of the world to realise we are a shit show, and maybe put more pressure on the board to make changes..

Pressure from where .... the fanbase is to placid.... give them a free beer and a clapper and they roll over .... the lack of passion on the pitch is mirrored by that of the fans ... if you want change then the best place to force it is in the ground 

17 minutes ago, Scotch said:

I mean, you could very well be right there. I personally don't think Top is interested at all but if he's going to be inattentive to our club then he at least needs to leave people in charge who are competent. We don't have that. 

If he at least put people in place who can run his club successfully without him then I don't care if he fcuks off and rides horses or whatever else he wants to do. 

Exactly and I think we all feel like that. He's never going to make those changes though which is the galling thing, a bit like with Rodgers when it was all going wrong; blind arrogance.

Top is an absent owner and as you say, no issue if they have the right people in place. Unfortunately, even if he was a present owner that wouldn't sort much as he's still woefully out of his depth. Very sad it's come to this but here we are.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Sky sports at training ground a few mins ago. He’s not going anywhere. 
Surely they’d of said something. 

It was very obviously made-up as a joke. The wonder is that anybody took it seriously. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Sky sports at training ground a few mins ago. He’s not going anywhere. 
Surely they’d of said something. 

It's clearly made up. Actually I'm not surprised if Sky used it, they pinch everything else and call it "Sky sources".

Edited by Fox92
Wrong word
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

It was very obviously made-up as a joke. The wonder is that anybody took it seriously. 

The fact that people believed it could happen says a lot in itself.

A newly promoted side, new manager, season not even starting yet... No one should have believed it in a million years but the fact that we've had a couple of managers hint at being lied to by the board, the blatant incompetence by some people behind the scenes in important roles, the lack of meaningful transfers and the managers apparent frustration at that in interviews....put all these things together and it's not exactly inconceivable that he would walk. 

21 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

Exactly and I think we all feel like that. He's never going to make those changes though which is the galling thing, a bit like with Rodgers when it was all going wrong; blind arrogance.

Top is an absent owner and as you say, no issue if they have the right people in place. Unfortunately, even if he was a present owner that wouldn't sort much as he's still woefully out of his depth. Very sad it's come to this but here we are.

This is exactly why I believe we would need something BIG to happen to effect change because clearly financially mismanaging the club and getting us relegated isn't enough and we know the fan base doesn't have the balls to protest against them or rock the boat in any significant way. 

A manager leaving before a ball is kicked and being candid about why... could get things rolling but even then, probably not. 

1 minute ago, winteriscoming said:

Let’s not forget Lopetegui left wolves a few days before the start of last season so it’s not inconceivable.
Although Cooper hasn’t done a competitive game yet.  

Cooper wouldn't walk, this is his ticket to success. If he keeps us up he will be praised for doing an amazing job, if we go down then it will be put down as points deduction/lack of spending power. 

2 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Let’s not forget Lopetegui left wolves a few days before the start of last season so it’s not inconceivable.
Although Cooper hasn’t done a competitive game yet.  

Lopetegui has a lot more credit in the bank to get another high profile job, coopermen doesn't.....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Scotch said:

This is exactly why I believe we would need something BIG to happen to effect change because clearly financially mismanaging the club and getting us relegated isn't enough and we know the fan base doesn't have the balls to protest against them or rock the boat in any significant way. 

A manager leaving before a ball is kicked and being candid about why... could get things rolling but even then, probably not. 

If they are, as some have imagined, going through the motions ahead of selling up, then that gives Cooper a card up his sleeve, at least. Should he consider the situation to be hopeless, he can say it and know that he's practically unsackable on the grounds that we'd look like a complete mess of a club.

It's all supposing that he actually feels the need to underline his concerns, and that they want out, but if so speaking openly would create a climate where they simply had to either do better, or hasten their way to the exit. And it would get the fans off his back - which is vital for us, because if the criticism is focused on him, we might be deflecting from the deep-rooted problems at the club.