Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Steve Cooper - New Manager

26 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Did you forget to log in to the @moore_94 account :ph34r: :D

3 years is a long time. Can only imagine we're future-proofing for Championship life (suggesting a high points deduction on the horizon?). In doing so, it's giving safety net but also not that ambitious from our owners. 

It's underwhelming and uninspiring but if he keeps us up, he's done the job required for us and the club... 

26 minutes ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

Waste of time playing this season 

26 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

willy pullers

25 minutes ago, ozvaldo said:

Christ. 

See you all away at Plymouth again in 25/26. 

So what top level or supposed manager do you all think we should have got?

Pts deduction.

No money to spend.

Poor squad.

Owners that hide the truth.

Our club surely was top of Klopps list for a new venture.

It's going to be 3yrs of fire fighting.

• Like 1

The difference in the efforts the club went to announcing Enzo in comparison to Cooper speaks volumes. This is what happens when you spread a man as inept as Jon Rudkin over your 2 football clubs and your horse racing business. Zero time spent on succession planning. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Welcome Steve.

Happy and willing to give him a chance (we owe him the same courtesy and chance as we did for Enzo who was an inexperienced manager) and definitely not jumping aboard the "Cooper Hate Bus"

If he's allowed as Top quoted on the official site to  "implement a dynamic style of play"  and not subject us to another form of EnzoBall, with the squad we have, IMO it will suit them better ....and you just never know, we may be OK come May 2025.

Just now, foxfanazer said:

It's the same people saying it is my point. They will back any decision the club makes 

His not many people’s choice, and it is an underwhelming appointment this is true. However, he is our man and we now need to give him a chance before getting the out banners 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, richardsfoxes said:

I'll get behind him but what on earth will the players be thinking. They've gone from someone who is so tactically astute who alot of players have came out pubilicly and said that Enzo has changed how they see the game to Steve Cooper ball which on average is 33% possession 442.

You having a laugh? He set the side up the same way in every game, regardless of who it was against and played the same way regardless of whether or not it was working. 

• Like 2

Just now, foxes_rule1978 said:

His not many people’s choice, and it is an underwhelming appointment this is true. However, he is our man and we now need to give him a chance before getting the out banners 

I inevitably will but just feel like this club does everything it can to balls things up

2 minutes ago, Guppys Love Child said:

If he's allowed as Top quoted on the official site to  "implement a dynamic style of play"  and not subject us to another form of EnzoBall

I don’t think you need to worry about seeing Enzo ball, more the ball

• Haha 2

To be honest, who else would we have gotten?

LCFC would be like taking over the Tories 3 weeks before this election.

We don't have many positives and still have the points deduction looming over us.

Anyone we have would have been the negative aspect so lets just see what happens.:scarf:

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

I have a feeling a lot of people our going to get mud on their face when he turns out to be a decent manager for us.

I'd be more than happy to eat humble pie. 

Whether we feel we all need to get behind him.