Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Steve Cooper - New Manager

16 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Those who have undying love for KP don’t you dare boo this guy when we are getting trounced every week. They’ve given him a Brighton reserve. An Atlanta reserve and some ****ing guy Conor Coady thinks is world class. It’s disgraceful how we have treated managers here. 

We are playing 1000× worse than we did under maresca with effectively the same squad.

Steve Cooper is a shit manager who can't organise a team and uses every excuse under the sun

The board are Shit and rudkin and whelan should be sacked

Both can be true but the board being crap dosent make cooper immune from criticism 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

But he knows he will be sacked because of results.. we are not going to win any games till Vardy is back is my prediction.

And get paid another few million…

3 hours ago, Lesta Legend said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if at some point it came to that. I’m convinced he was making a point in picking the sides he has. He’s seemed very frustrated at the lack of action and like Enzo probably already feels like a fool, with the board saying one thing and doing the opposite. 

This is totally believable. He's highlighting the weaknesses in our squad by playing some out of position. Also, refusing to paper over the cracks by throwing Development squad players in before they're ready. We can't hold Cooper responsible for this mess we're in.

• Like 1

Can’t see how this is true regarding Cannon when Mavididi has played more than double the minutes of Cannon throughout pre-season even with Vardy missing all but the Villareal game

If he was balancing minutes he would’ve brought Cannon on for Daka

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Can’t see how this is true regarding Cannon when Mavididi has played more than double the minutes of Cannon throughout pre-season even with Vardy missing all but the Villareal game

The only possible line of thinking that he could have employed by not playing Cannon is he at the very least has 1 striker not injured for MD1, and that's me reaching to try and understand

4 minutes ago, em9999 said:

I have a horrible feeling cooper will say whatever he thinks people want to hear 

he is a nice bloke but a proper yes man, interview shares nothing notable and he doesn't seem bothered we are going into GW1 with no decent strikers 

Edited by JonnyBoy
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, em9999 said:

I have a horrible feeling cooper will say whatever he thinks people want to hear 

I assume so considering Pearson and Rodgers used to say what people didn't want to hear and then they'd be up in arms with the manager.

Fans will always turn it the other way regardless of what the manager says so the manager can't win really.

Cooper has already got people wanting him sacked (on the internet, this forum, granted) so wants point in him saying stuff people don't want to hear. He's going to be some people's number one enemy regardless of what he says.

Cooper said what he actually thought after the friendly.  

A pre-match press conference is a structured, club led and probably partially rehearsed affair.  It's unrealistic to think Cooper is going to come out swinging in that sort of environment, nor is it particularly appropriate or professional before the first game of the season.

There are many, many things to be annoyed about at the moment but I'm not convinced this is one of them.   

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

It's quite clearly him just publically keeping Cannon onside. He's our last fit striker and until we get one in he can't go out on loan, so we need him to at least be positive in case he is needed!

2 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Hate that he’s clearly done as he’s told and reined his obvious anger at lack of incoming players. 
He’s in a no lose situation. 
Keep calling out the useless Top and Rudkin. 

I think he already has and fair enough he's been told to say a couple of things to toe the party line but this isn't the time to say everything's shit is it?

We do actually need what he did today. Okay no one's buying it but if he doubled down and said we haven't got a chance on Monday then we really might as well give up now. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I assume so considering Pearson and Rodgers used to say what people didn't want to hear and then they'd be up in arms with the manager.

Fans will always turn it the other way regardless of what the manager says so the manager can't win really.

Cooper has already got people wanting him sacked (on the internet, this forum, granted) so wants point in him saying stuff people don't want to hear. He's going to be some people's number one enemy regardless of what he says.

Rodgers? He was the ultimate PR man 

Just now, dylanlegend said:

Rodgers? He was the ultimate PR man 

Rodgers used to say all time he was "waiting to hear" from people above him regarding new signings.

He also came out and criticised the players we had and fans went for him saying it cost us our season as I think we fell away after that. 

Fans want to hear what they want to hear. Anything else and the manager gets criticised. Doesn't matter who the manager is, he can't please everyone.

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Rodgers used to say all time he was "waiting to hear" from people above him regarding new signings.

He also came out and criticised the players we had and fans went for him saying it cost us our season as I think we fell away after that. 

Fans want to hear what they want to hear. Anything else and the manager gets criticised. Doesn't matter who the manager is, he can't please everyone.

#anyone

10 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Hate that he’s clearly done as he’s told and reined his obvious anger at lack of incoming players. 
He’s in a no lose situation. 
Keep calling out the useless Top and Rudkin. 

I prefer this approach, if we aren't going to have complete meltdown this season then he needs to try and reduce the negativity and try the best with the players he had. I think if Rodger had done the same in 22/23 we would have stayed up.

• Like 1