Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Steve Cooper - New Manager

43 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

any truth to the rumours I'm making up that the beer options were all Aldi cans?

No. I was there and it was definitely Madri.

Rudkin is a sophisticated, well travelled man who only drinks genuine, traditional, premium European beers.

Edited by Brizzle Fox
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, honeybradger said:

I prefer this approach, if we aren't going to have complete meltdown this season then he needs to try and reduce the negativity and try the best with the players he had. I think if Rodger had done the same in 22/23 we would have stayed up.

Difference is Rodgers had the players but didn’t play them. All it would of took is Iversen and Soyuncu starting that season instead of the clowns Ward and Amartey. We’d of comfortable stopped up imo. 
This season we’re relying on a nearly 38 year old forward. Granted Goat that he is but needs more forward options around him. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Rodgers used to say all time he was "waiting to hear" from people above him regarding new signings.

He also came out and criticised the players we had and fans went for him saying it cost us our season as I think we fell away after that. 

Fans want to hear what they want to hear. Anything else and the manager gets criticised. Doesn't matter who the manager is, he can't please everyone.

Yeh to be fair rodgers mask slipped a few times but that was always for self preservation and trying to blame anyone but himself. 

He was nowhere near Pearson in terms of pure passion / honesty.

rodgers the most slimey bloke there is

1 minute ago, Samilktray said:

You stay away from me Nick Green, you mucky little man!

Just be thankful I didn't make reference to the number of pages this thread is now on! 71! Absolute filth need I say more, a position I'm sure we've all attempted with various degrees of success! 

All the best,

NG

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

His voice quivers a bit when talking about transfers lol. You know he's having to hide what he really thinks.

One thing for absolute certain, if this guy keeps us up this season whilst dealing with the morons above him... he'll be an instant cult figure.

• Like 3

Presser was everything we should have expected. Lame soft questions answered by repeating the same old rehearsed sh!t, neither addressing the fans concerns. 

We really can't expect more from modern managers or their pet journos. 

35 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

Yeh to be fair rodgers mask slipped a few times but that was always for self preservation and trying to blame anyone but himself. 

He was nowhere near Pearson in terms of pure passion / honesty.

rodgers the most slimey bloke there is

Slimier than a slug that's been through a gunge tank at Noel Edmund's house

• Haha 1

Sorry all I’ve no inside knowledge of the club and purely tweeted it for complete banter as to be honest it’s the only thing keeping me sane during one of what I think is the worst periods under the current senior management at least. Apologies, I didn’t expect it to be a source quoted on here but I hope all the FT community forgive me. Genuinely you keep me smiling through some bad times. Peace out.

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Countesthorpe Fox 1884 12 said:

Sorry all I’ve no inside knowledge of the club and purely tweeted it for complete banter as to be honest it’s the only thing keeping me sane during one of what I think is the worst periods under the current senior management at least. Apologies, I didn’t expect it to be a source quoted on here but I hope all the FT community forgive me. Genuinely you keep me smiling through some bad times. Peace out.

banter-pic.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

We are playing 1000× worse than we did under maresca with effectively the same squad.

Steve Cooper is a shit manager who can't organise a team and uses every excuse under the sun

The board are Shit and rudkin and whelan should be sacked

Both can be true but the board being crap dosent make cooper immune from criticism 

We haven't even played a game yet, so you might be jumping the gun a bit! Plus we weren't on promotion form from New Year onward under Enzo, and it was clear to most that some degree of a rethink was needed going into the PL. We only got over the finish line because we temporarily abandoned our fixation with possession at all costs. As such, 1000x worse is a hell of a stretch. 

When you consider that (a) the players look as disconsolate as you might expect them to look with no marquee signings and a hefty looming points deduction - neither of which are the manager's fault; (b) that any boss would struggle to keep us up under those circumstances, and (c) that eyebrow-raising selection decisions may reflect either limited options or certain players losing faith in our project, it's incredibly harsh to judge the boss in those circumstances. And Cooper has plenty of pedigree. Like Maresca he's won a promotion, albeit a far less likely one, but he's also kept a side up thereafter. So if he's rubbish then, based on respective records, what would that make Enzo?!

On a final note, re: Rudkin and Whelan, I strongly suspect there should have been a restructuring in which one or both of them were moved on, but that's on Top, and may reflect his waning interest in the club, or inability to manage a business. One thing I don't know is whether Rudkin, as the only member of the board with a coaching background, has been the only voice of reason in a room full of wild and unsuccessful ideas proposed by those who don't know the game as well as he does, or is responsible for our decline. Nobody has any way of knowing that, though we can be sure that Top is responsible one way or the other.

But we can be sure of this: that when people say Rudkin isn't qualified for the job, I think ten years on the job for a side that was in the drop zone when he took over, and won the league 18 months later with a transfer policy that was lauded throughout the footballing world suggests the opposite. We can't slate him for all the bad stuff without giving any credit for the good bits, or saying 'Oh, that was because of Vichai'.

Like you, I suspect that he should be shown the door, but it's a 'best guess'. And I'd also love to see Nige back, but I have no idea whether he's suited to the role. What I would say is that, before Rudkin (or NP) entered the scene, we saw a substandard recruitment policy and bizarre fixation with continental football under these owners. So the common denominator there is, yet again, Top.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, inckley fox said:

We haven't even played a game yet, so you might be jumping the gun a bit! Plus we weren't on promotion form from New Year onward under Enzo, and it was clear to most that some degree of a rethink was needed going into the PL. We only got over the finish line because we temporarily abandoned our fixation with possession at all costs. As such, 1000x worse is a hell of a stretch. 

When you consider that (a) the players look as disconsolate as you might expect them to look with no marquee signings and a hefty looming points deduction - neither of which are the manager's fault; (b) that any boss would struggle to keep us up under those circumstances, and (c) that eyebrow-raising selection decisions may reflect either limited options or certain players losing faith in our project, it's incredibly harsh to judge the boss in those circumstances. And Cooper has plenty of pedigree. Like Maresca he's won a promotion, albeit a far less likely one, but he's also kept a side up thereafter. So if he's rubbish then, based on respective records, what would that make Enzo?!

On a final note, re: Rudkin and Whelan, I strongly suspect there should have been a restructuring in which one or both of them were moved on, but that's on Top, and may reflect his waning interest in the club, or inability to manage a business. One thing I don't know is whether Rudkin, as the only member of the board with a coaching background, has been the only voice of reason in a room full of wild and unsuccessful ideas proposed by those who don't know the game as well as he does, or is responsible for our decline. Nobody has any way of knowing that, though we can be sure that Top is responsible one way or the other.

But we can be sure of this: that when people say Rudkin isn't qualified for the job, I think ten years on the job for a side that was in the drop zone when he took over, and won the league 18 months later with a transfer policy that was lauded throughout the footballing world suggests the opposite. We can't slate him for all the bad stuff without giving any credit for the good bits, or saying 'Oh, that was because of Vichai'.

Like you, I suspect that he should be shown the door, but it's a 'best guess'. And I'd also love to see Nige back, but I have no idea whether he's suited to the role. What I would say is that, before Rudkin (or NP) entered the scene, we saw a substandard recruitment policy and bizarre fixation with continental football under these owners. So the common denominator there is, yet again, Top.

Hey up Rudders….

13 minutes ago, OriginalRobboFOX said:

Hey up Rudders….

Do you disagree with any of what I said? Or perhaps have inside information?! Either might be perfectly valid, but you need to elaborate.

I think I made clear that I have serious doubts about him, but that we're letting Top off the hook, and being unjustifiably critical, if we simplify everything by saying 'just sack Jon. He's the problem.' Or, equally, 'sack Cooper. He's rubbish.'

It seems a bit cheap to say that anyone who tries to offer a bit of balance is working for the club, or for Rudders! Arguments can't always be reduced to straightforward populist solutions. And just because I'm not frothing at the mouth doesn't mean that I'm not thoroughly pissed off with the board.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Nice guy and as I have previously said he is a yes man and fall guy for Rudkin and Top. Don’t expect him to come out all guns blazing but some of the shit spouted today was utter club PR and the manager towing the party line 

Nice guys dont get the girls.  The guy needs to man up

I feel Cooper is on a hiding to nothing, to the point I feel really, really sorry for him. 

He was the one willing to take the plunge, enter the hot seat following Enzo's departure and all the unknowns around finance and points deductions that no doubt would've been discussed at the point interviewing him. Throw into the mix his Forest connections, he would know from minute 1, he isn't going to be the most liked bloke in Leicester. 

Since he was appointed I think the majority of fans weren't over enthused, but fine, it is what it is and we get behind the club. Here in lies the problem, the club has given Cooper absolutely nothing back.

He's openly said he needs signings and fast, yet they've messed about on transfers to the point we are now days out from the season and with a weaker squad than last season. How can he possibly be expected to do anything other than be relegated in that scenario? 

Meanwhile we watch teams like Ipswich signing the likes of Phillips and Szmodics, with minimal fuss and just getting it over the line. 

At the start of the window, as left field as it was I at least liked the profile of Okoli. Even if he turns out not to be great, it seemed to be a continuation of the successful strategy we had in our previous days of finding young, upcoming and hungry players (i.e Hermansen, Fatawu, Golding, Okoli in recent times and many prior to that etc). Had we gone all out for that approach and signed the likes of Ronnie Edwards, Gronbaek, Nanasi, Hzolek (just quoting rumoured targets at this point), I would've been content. Why?

Because even if it didn't work out and it wasn't enough for us to survive in the Premier League, the correct profile of player had been targeted. At least it would've felt like there was a cohesive approach and we'd stuck to our agreed approach and given it a go. 

But there isn't anything like it, it becomes clearer by the day that Vichai was the one, the only one that had any ounce of business nous in that boardroom. The ability to get things done has become a lost art at this football club and I hope in the ground this season, anger is not directed at Cooper, because Rudkin, Whelan and Top have given him nothing to work with and they've got a lot to answer for.