Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Steve Cooper - New Manager

On 16/08/2024 at 18:53, funkyrobot said:

I wish he’d been pushed more on his treatment of Cannon. The fact is he was given the least amount of pitch time during pre season of the fit strikers. It has felt all along that Cooper doesn’t rate him and as such he got the game time of a player destined for a loan or a full transfer. He’s had minimal opportunities and now Cooper is in  position where he’s the only out and out fit number 9. I suspect Cooper will still put Mavididi centrally and play BDCR in the LW role or Fatawu there (despite it being clear he’s better as a RW) further damaging the lad’s confidence. Giving Cannon more opportunity and at least pretending he was in his plans would’ve maybe helped the team whilst a new striker is sought. 

Enzo did similar with Daka and then played him and there was no apparent reason why he was frozen out to the degree he was (ignoring his later form). 

I'll never get not giving everyone a go and making them feel involved. You never know when you'll need someone in a game and you need everyone pulling in the same direction. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Whilst he cannot be held accountable for the lack of signings, he should no way be given a free hit regards team selection, tactics and how we perform. 

Pre season has been a bit of a shocker across all aspects of the club, let’s hope come tomorrow we start to get our act together, otherwise I think quite righty everyone should feel the pressure. 

Pre season is about fitness and getting to know the players. I remember people blasting Claudio in pre season. And then we started the season with kante coming on as a sub on the wing. That season turned out ok. 

Let's just give him a few competitive games to find his best team. As long as we have some effort and endeavour tomorrow, I think that's the starting point. It may still turn to shit, but jesus the negativity within the fanbase is soul destroying and that's just for me reading it.

Let's be honest, it won't be games against spurs that define our season. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Enzo did similar with Daka and then played him and there was no apparent reason why he was frozen out to the degree he was (ignoring his later form). 

I'll never get not giving everyone a go and making them feel involved. You never know when you'll need someone in a game and you need everyone pulling in the same direction. 

After the Coventry game when he was on the bench he missed the next 4 games through August, and wasn’t in the squad. I assume this was to send him a message in the hope that he leaves. A bit like Chelseas bomb squad except we didn’t have enough outcasts to form a squad.

Reading some of the comments about Cooper’s appearance are stupid AF.

But I just can’t get excited at all about Cooper, once again my disdain for Rudkin/Top winds me up….our obsession with having failed managers from England is so archaic.

Brighton taking a punt on Huerzeler is a prime example of showing a level of imagination that our board clearly lack….I have zero interest in this season and all parties have played a part in that…rant over.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, RobHawk said:

Pre season is about fitness and getting to know the players. I remember people blasting Claudio in pre season. And then we started the season with kante coming on as a sub on the wing. That season turned out ok. 

Let's just give him a few competitive games to find his best team. As long as we have some effort and endeavour tomorrow, I think that's the starting point. It may still turn to shit, but jesus the negativity within the fanbase is soul destroying and that's just for me reading it.

Let's be honest, it won't be games against spurs that define our season. 

100% correct.

It will be the games against teams like Forest & Fulham that will define our season.

tactically will be interesting tonight. Early in the season last year teams sat back against spurs and they dominated. But then they got found out. Their relentless high line left glaring holes all game, teams stopped sitting back and countered hard.  

Their results dropped off and they went from looking a top 4 side to europa league at best. Considering people say Cooper is all about the fast counter attack this game is perfect for him on paper.  There should be space to get mavididi and fatawu in behind the full backs. 

If we can’t create a chance against this team then it really will be as bad as we are expecting this season. 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

On 17/08/2024 at 22:19, Ric Flair said:

Exactly. The blokes comments in the last few weeks and his decisions have been an utter abomination. Don't think I've ever been against a manager as much as this from the off, well done Steve.

Didn't we have a few behind closed doors ones, no idea of the minutes involved in them. 

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

tactically will be interesting tonight. Early in the season last year teams sat back against spurs and they dominated. But then they got found out. Their relentless high line left glaring holes all game, teams stopped sitting back and countered hard.  

Their results dropped off and they went from looking a top 4 side to europa league at best. Considering people say Cooper is all about the fast counter attack this game is perfect for him on paper.  There should be space to get mavididi and fatawu in behind the full backs. 

If we can’t create a chance against this team then it really will be as bad as we are expecting this season. 

Bloke I work with is a STH at Spurs and said to me last season, months ago, all opposition do against Spurs is one ball over the top and they're in.

They will come at us today but they will be open too. That's where I take confidence from.

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Bloke I work with is a STH at Spurs and said to me last season, months ago, all opposition do against Spurs is one ball over the top and they're in.

They will come at us today but they will be open too. That's where I take confidence from.

if you can defend well enough you can have fun against spurs. Problem is though, we can’t defend lol

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Might be worth going through the list of players Cooper used when England U17 manager as it's quite clear where a lot of our targets are being driven from.

Scary the club are being led in this way.

If we could get the decent players that cooper coached then it would be fine - maybe rudders and top haven’t thought this through!

Guest Chocolate Teapot

He's abysmal. Players look clueless.

He might be forests saviour but they've literally been shite for 3 decades.

Lets be honest, Cooper is and was a desperate appointment from a club without a scintilla of direction or philosophy.

No other club in the Premier League would have touched him with a barge pole.

• Like 3