Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Steve Cooper - New Manager

1 minute ago, Sly said:

I’ve no idea where Soumare was playing when he came on. 

nor did Bouba tbh.

fair play he did get the second half right, but it wouldn't have mattered a jot if spurs had put their shooting boots on first half. Clearly got the starting line up wrong, the tactics were non existent and given it's the sort of thing he was doing at Forest I don't think he makes Christmas, because that first half will keep happening 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Current concerns:

Marginalising of Ricardo

Fitness levels and injuries look suspect early days

Obsessed with Premier League experience

Mingin' on the ball

Not having Alves in the squad

Current positives:

Fast counter attacking football 

Talks honestly 

Sweats as much as I do

If you sweat that much from matching up and down in a technical area, get checked 😂

Agree on your points though, especially Alves and Riccy

Was glimpses of excellence on the ball but very limited. Not his style though. I'd take scruffy long ball for a year to stay up and sort the style out next year if needs be 

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Massive credit to him for getting that result and 2nd half performance out of this squad, excellent. Though it has to be said it looked dire in the 1st. 

Reminded me of some of his games at Forest… all for how we played 2nd half but stating the obvious could have been 3 or 4 down going into HT

He deserves a lot of credit for that result and overall performance. First half was timid, but think being pragmatic to stay in the game is nothing to be ashamed of against tough opposition.

Will have much more to say, but all of a sudden I feel a lot more excited for the season ahead.

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

nor did Bouba tbh.

fair play he did get the second half right, but it wouldn't have mattered a jot if spurs had put their shooting boots on first half. Clearly got the starting line up wrong, the tactics were non existent and given it's the sort of thing he was doing at Forest I don't think he makes Christmas, because that first half will keep happening 

Even Vardy said the players gave Spurs to much respect and Cooper also said it was a combination of things which was bang on, clever manager tbh.

Are we gonna talk about him completely playing up Vardy's injury? 

I said at the time, it was weird. Every other injury, he told us what it was and how long that player would be out for but he never got specific about Vardy. 

I thought at the time it meant it was more serious than he was letting on but he was at it all a long. 

• Haha 1

Massive overreaction here last week. Give the bloke a chance to start the season! Yes there are many areas for improvement but cannot say the players didn't put in a shift for him that second half. To a man we were immense and the place was bouncing

• Like 1

Cooper’s football isn’t going to win any beauty contests (and either is helol) but he will get a lot out of whatever he’s given to work with. And his players will fight for him. His whole career reflects that. For the desperate scrap for survival this season is likely to be, we could do a lot worse for a manager.

• Like 2