Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Steve Cooper - New Manager

I got really bored watching Enzboll last season.  I got so frustrated watching Brendanball for two seasons before that.  Dean Smith was OK. Rodgers was often entertaining before he plummeted.  Can Cooper give us something to excite in this points deducted relegation season?

Really pleased with that so far. Remember Spurs are a good side under a settled manager so it wasn’t surprising they came out stronger. We have had much stronger sides on paper under Rodgers that were repeatedly turned over by them (apart from when on course for relegation when we beat them soundly)!

Our fate won’t be decided by these games so that was a great point Cooper has grinded out there and the players do seem to be playing for him.

I personally would have had Mavididi and Ricardo in over BDR and Justin but he must have had his reasons. 

I reckon he gives us as much of a fighting chance as anyone would have.

• Like 2

As I have already said, we got away with one 1st half as Spurs could and should have been out of sight, at half time I thought if this is Copper Ball he won’t last beyond October, however 2nd half was a very Leicester City type of performance, in the last couple of years we have often gone a goal down and you know we aren’t coming back, Millwall, Plymouth last season were tips of an iceberg. 

However last night that 2nd half was full of energy and intensity with players giving their all for the shirt, even if Spurs had nicked it at the end I felt proud and heartened that we had given it a go. 

What. I will say is that Cooper at least gets it, he seems to understand what fans want to see, especially in our situation, the KP sounded good in the 2nd half the crowd really behind the players and too be honest I know how pumped i was from watching that as I have had the worse nights sleep 😂 

Still a few issues and concerns to be sorted but I am far more positive towards Cooper following last night than I have been. Really hope we can build on tbat 2nd half performance, bring in some more attacking options and give a really decent account of ourselves this season. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Ian W LCFC said:

Give it a rest mate bloody hell we've just put in a cracking 2nd half performance and the bloke has said he got it wrong 1st half so hopefully will learn from it.

he won't. first half is what he did over and over again at Forest, he won't learn shit from it and a rally in the last half hour which would have been irrelevant if spurs had taken their chances doesn't change that. If spurs could finish their dinner then we'd be sat here talking about a 5 or 6 goal defeat. Most teams aren't going to let us off that easily.

Liked his post match comments as I got fed up with the BS and if he sees what we see then he knows what he needs to develop and what he has to fix but putting Soumare on when we had done so well to get back into the game was baffling 

I’ve been 50/50 on him since he’s come in but he’s nowhere near as bad as some are making out on here. People wanting him out already are hilarious. Got the first half wrong, changed it and we could have won it. Yes it could have been over before half time but it wasn’t and we could have easily won. At least he’s willing to admit when he’s got it wrong and have a plan B. So many on here were crying out for that last season! Back him 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, majaco said:

I got really bored watching Enzboll last season.  I got so frustrated watching Brendanball for two seasons before that.  Dean Smith was OK. Rodgers was often entertaining before he plummeted.  Can Cooper give us something to excite in this points deducted relegation season?

That's the spirit. 😂

• Like 1

His assessment was the same as most supporters there last night I should imagine. Refreshingly honest. More sense than ego and we haven't said that for a while. 

We didn't just lose KDH and a manager, a host of coaching staff went too and new one's arrived in dribs and drabs. Only one game, it could have been different but it wasn't. Very promising. The fight was there in the second half. It was good to see it back.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, winteriscoming said:

Give me the second half performance every week over the bore fest from Maresca last season. 

That 2nd half last night was more entertaining and enjoyable than Enzo’s whole time at the club.

• Like 2

Just now, Fazzer 7 said:

That was a very honest humble and encouraging post match interview from Cooper. Early days but this morning I regret some of the things I've said and thought in previous weeks. 

It’s normal to have concerns, there was a lot of red flags. But this morning, Cooper has 1 point and Enzo has 0. 😁😁

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The Doctor said:

he won't. first half is what he did over and over again at Forest, he won't learn shit from it and a rally in the last half hour which would have been irrelevant if spurs had taken their chances doesn't change that. If spurs could finish their dinner then we'd be sat here talking about a 5 or 6 goal defeat. Most teams aren't going to let us off that easily.

Hermansen was superb, don't take anything away from him. But the best chance of the game probably fell to Vardy anyway, which he missed.

I spoke to a Spurs fan pre game in the pub. He said they don't take their chances. I think post match he was right.

Anyway, I thought you were one of those that refer to XG all the time? Our XG was higher than Spurs' last night. Shows who had the best chances, surely?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

As I have already said, we got away with one 1st half as Spurs could and should have been out of sight, at half time I thought if this is Copper Ball he won’t last beyond October, however 2nd half was a very Leicester City type of performance, in the last couple of years we have often gone a goal down and you know we aren’t coming back, Millwall, Plymouth last season were tips of an iceberg. 

However last night that 2nd half was full of energy and intensity with players giving their all for the shirt, even if Spurs had nicked it at the end I felt proud and heartened that we had given it a go. 

What. I will say is that Cooper at least gets it, he seems to understand what fans want to see, especially in our situation, the KP sounded good in the 2nd half the crowd really behind the players and too be honest I know how pumped i was from watching that as I have had the worse nights sleep 😂 

Still a few issues and concerns to be sorted but I am far more positive towards Cooper following last night than I have been. Really hope we can build on tbat 2nd half performance, bring in some more attacking options and give a really decent account of ourselves this season. 

Ask any Forest fan and they’ll say his selections were overly negative, he makes subs too late and they’re also often negative. However, it all gets offset as he has players running through walls for him and fans LOVE him. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Hermansen was superb, don't take anything away from him. But the best chance of the game probably fell to Vardy anyway, which he missed.

I spoke to a Spurs fan pre game in the pub. He said they don't take their chances. I think post match he was right.

Anyway, I thought you were one of those that refer to XG all the time? Our XG was higher than Spurs' last night. Shows who had the best chances, surely?

I’m glad you brought it up, I was sat here reading loads of people saying they should have been out of site etc etc. Yet I didn’t really remember many good chances personally and the stats back that up, both teams created two big chances. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Ask any Forest fan and they’ll say his selections were overly negative, he makes subs too late and they’re also often negative. However, it all gets offset as he has players running through walls for him and fans LOVE him. 

there's plenty that don't as well

I've not heard anything he's said yet, and a brief skim read of this page sounds positive, but I'm certainly not convinced yet.

We were second best for the best part of an hour and could've been a few goals down. Our turnaround seemed to be completely sparked by a few players and the fans, and then once on top Cooper seemed to diffuse our momentum and hand it back to them.

The players do seem on board with him, going by body language, and I'm hopeful he'll buy into our underdog status, which tends to suit us nicely. But we do need to improve over 90 mins, and if he doesn't see Ricardo as one of our best players, then I need some convincing still.