Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Steve Cooper - New Manager

I like Maresca and he did us a solid by getting us promoted but more importantly drawing attention to the shambles behind the scenes. 
But football is for the fans and Cooper recognises that, hence that great second half in regards to atmosphere.

Interesting after his “I won’t change much” comments that he basically played anti Enzoball! Whether that was a specific tactic for Spurs or his intended style time will tell. Either way I’m glad he played his own game and didn’t try to imitate Enzo as it doesn’t feel like his approach.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, goose2010 said:

We were playing a top 6 team that had their strongest 11 out. It was backs to the wall and will be like that for probably half of the season. 

For me the change started when N'didi pushed on a little and got closer to their midfield. This was a tactical tweak and we looks dangerous and could have won it in the end. 

To be competing against a team fighting for the champs league is nothing more than remarkable after the shocker of a pre-season and misses in the transfer market. 

Appreciate that, but the gulf in quality was a little too uncomfortable for me. They were creating chances with ease whilst we couldn't even mount the occasional attack. It was the worst of both worlds in that regard.

Just now, sdb said:

Appreciate that, but the gulf in quality was a little too uncomfortable for me. They were creating chances with ease whilst we couldn't even mount the occasional attack. It was the worst of both worlds in that regard.

We gave them too much respect and basically playing with a front 4 instead of a 3 game Maddison a lot of space to roam. 

They will take points off our rivals where as we took points of them. It is a great point.  The gulf will be there to see against probably 8 of the league. 

Yes they made a lot of chances but didnt convert the defence and Mads were outstanding. Teams around us wont create as many and if they defend the way they did last night we might actually have a chance of hitting a decent points total. 

6 minutes ago, brookfox said:

Interesting after his “I won’t change much” comments that he basically played anti Enzoball! Whether that was a specific tactic for Spurs or his intended style time will tell. Either way I’m glad he played his own game and didn’t try to imitate Enzo as it doesn’t feel like his approach.

There will be a lot of that with Cooper i think. Which i honestly don't mind. 

Fully expect him to do his press conference this week and say Vardy is 50/50 due to playing last night. 

Anything that makes the opposing manager think is a good thing for me. 

I enjoyed the game, it was a good old scrap but they were the superior team for the first hour. We just seemed to kick up a gear and it frightened them. They didn’t like it when he tweaked the team. I don’t know, Steve Cooper looked ill to me on tv last night. 

2 minutes ago, Balders65 said:

I enjoyed the game, it was a good old scrap but they were the superior team for the first hour. We just seemed to kick up a gear and it frightened them. They didn’t like it when he tweaked the team. I don’t know, Steve Cooper looked ill to me on tv last night. 

Probably stress etc probably had the best night sleep ever last night 

• Like 2

He’s very clever at the media side of things. He made all the same noises at forest about him taking responsibility (whilst implying he improved things second half) and he always used to say players were out injured and they would then reappear. They would have know Vardy was playing for some days. 

his PR offensive is working very well, hopefully it transforms into points. 

firstly, it's far too early to guise anything from that, so not sure the ones who wanted him in are now hailing him as the next messiah, just as much as the ones who didn't want him already calling for him to go. To be clear, i didn't want him at all, but now we have him i want him to prove me wrong and be a success.

not seen any interviews as we went pub straight after so can't comment on what he's said, but that first half raised some major alarm bells. i know we got a point and battled a draw out but that 1st half was not just bad, it was completely dog shit, and we could have been 4/5 nil down at half time. i was in p block and to say i hardly saw the ball down our end first half was no exaggeration. we lack width, quality on the ball and seemed far too happy to just bang it long and hope it drops near a forward

as most have said from what i've seen, the 2nd half was a lot better, there was more space in midfield, and although at times we were playing direct, there was purpose and we started passing the ball a lot better. 

overall, i wasn't very impressed with the majority of the style of football, another day we'd have been battered, and we won't stay up trying to play like the first half. but glad we came out fighting for the 2nd half at least started to look like we wanted to play some sort of football, but as i said at the start, it's too early to tell either way, lets hope the trip to fulham isn't a waste of time 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Seventyseven said:

He’s very clever at the media side of things. He made all the same noises at forest about him taking responsibility (whilst implying he improved things second half) and he always used to say players were out injured and they would then reappear. They would have know Vardy was playing for some days. 

his PR offensive is working very well, hopefully it transforms into points. 

These antics will get the fans on board. We all love a shithouse, and it’s pretty normal to have a player or two who fits that bill.

It looks here like we could also have a manager who is one too, which is a rarity, and to be honest, I quite like the idea of that.

9 minutes ago, dooflip said:

These antics will get the fans on board. We all love a shithouse, and it’s pretty normal to have a player or two who fits that bill.

It looks here like we could also have a manager who is one too, which is a rarity, and to be honest, I quite like the idea of that.

He’s not a shithouse. But works hard on PR. He’s not a daft bloke. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

I’m glad you brought it up, I was sat here reading loads of people saying they should have been out of site etc etc. Yet I didn’t really remember many good chances personally and the stats back that up, both teams created two big chances. 

This. For the saves Hermansen made, were any really ones a competent goalkeeper wouldn’t expect to? Taking nothing away from Mads and not to diminish his performance but he’d have been disappointed to not make those saves. So they weren’t great chances.

• Like 1

One thing was nice to see, he took owned up about the poor first half, no misdirection, no deflection, honest and humble, unlike some managers.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I'll have a full video about the match and tactics involved later, but let's enjoy that slick move one more time!

giphy.gif

Please post it on here

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I'll have a full video about the match and tactics involved later, but let's enjoy that slick move one more time!

giphy.gif

It's beautiful to watch.  My bug bear with our possession football (particularly under Rodgers) was the lack of pace in the play.  This shows how effective we can be when we up the tempo.

• Like 1