Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Steve Cooper - New Manager

9 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

The people saying it's embarrassing being negative about this appointment are the same ones that blindly backed Rodgers til the bitter end. If happy clapping failure is your idea of being a good fan then crack on but don't expect everyone to lap up whatever shit the club serves us

Untrue. I wanted Rodgers out as far back at October 2021 and turned pretty soon.

But I don’t mind this appointment and think it’s embarrassing that people are throwing tantrums without giving the guy a chance. 

Doesn’t mean I think the club are at all competent. But Cooper himself seems like a decent guy and a good manager even if not fancy. I’m happy to give him a chance and if he does well it is despite the club’s incompetence not due to them!

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Vaz said:

I'm all for giving the new guy a chance but honestly is this the best we can do? :(

I'm sure many thought similar when we appointed Claudio.

We aren't exactly fighting off applicants off with a stick are we, thanks to our financial mess ? 

Give Cooper a chance. If he keeps us up, he will be seen as a huge success. 

4 minutes ago, Oldblueyes said:

When you turn up at Bodgers and Bangers  car dealership, you can only drive away with what's available.

Bodgers selling secondhand cars now. Thought he was at celtic.

3 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

Is it too early to start drinking?

No never to early for that.

Anyone remember what happened on 2015/2016?

"Ranieri..... really " said Gary. Look what happened.

Don't write the guy off before he's started!

If he keeps us up he can herd his sheep down to the clock tower as far as I'm concerned.

• Like 3

1. Given how the club has constantly banged on about the style of play, continuity etc, it's weird that they have just gone for some stopgap with a style of play and attitude that is completely at odds with Maresca.

2. Given his background and the underwhelming nature of the appointment, he will have to start well with aggression and positivity on the pitch otherwise the already dubious fans will turn on him and the club bigtime.

26 minutes ago, TaggertvsWise said:

This is the sort of comment that is completely meaningless in that it has zero evidence, reasoning or context as to what constitutes ‘lacking ambition’.

Can you provide any support for this knee jerk trope?

I wouldn't normally answer disparaging and erroneous remarks but you can't deny he is a failed manager and with all the talent that is around the question that needs answering: is this really the best we can do?

Just now, phoneticerror said:

I think we’ve got no choice but to get behind that face only a mother could love

Bit harsh mate, he can't help having had his paper round in chenobyl. 

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, sylofox said:

So what top level or supposed manager do you all think we should have got?

Pts deduction.

No money to spend.

Poor squad.

Owners that hide the truth.

Our club surely was top of Klopps list for a new venture.

It's going to be 3yrs of fire fighting.

Corberan was heavily linked. Would have been a much more inspiring appointment. 

Potter also closely linked but sounds like Rudkin didn't want to relinquish control over transfers. Potter has a better record in the PL than Cooper does... 

• Like 2

This forum is broken ffs. 

Get behind him, give him your all and support whoever is in charge! This entitlement from most of you on here and giving it large is comical. 

Voice your opinion, yes, but some of you are so dramatic we need a "take that have split" kind of hotline. 

Get a fvcking grip! 

Edited by Lcfcman2010
  • Thanks 1

This appointment is a symptom of years of bad decision making, financial mismanagement that borders on negligent and a lack of focus and accountability, none of which are Steve’s doing. I’d prefer to see those responsible go before Steve moves on however that takes place 

• Like 2

Sounds like we’ve gone down the cheap / accept our relegation fate route. The only positive is that he might turn us around in the Championship & he cost us nothing.

Our club is honestly in the mud, how no one at the top has taken accountability is the most staggering thing.

Really looking forward to that great atmosphere against Spurs 😒

I almost feel bad for Cooper. It kind of feels like this script is already written for him and it's only ending one way given how much of a circus we are right now.

He deserves and needs our support now, as do the players. Cooper has taken a job and isn't accountable for the mess the club is in off the pitch. The players did their job last season to get us back and are hopefully hungry to keep on climbing under Cooper.

The board, however, deserve both barrels. Long-term vision my arse.

• Like 2

I wonder if all those fans who were firmly against maresca are also firmly against cooper.

One thing's for sure Cooper will try and find multiple ways and different styles to pick up results and points whereas maresca was basically just plan A only and live or die by it.

All done now so let's just get behind him. We can't make this season any tougher by having a divided fanbase and on the managers back before we've even kicked a ball.

• Like 2